The Kim household

OUR BIG MAMA

The 11 were all scattered in the living room, the floors filled with feathers that came from the cushions. They were all panting from the war and this time, no one won. Kris was long asleep on the other side of the line, having his foot as the only thing showing in the video call.

Tao then heard his alarm and lazily stood up to get it. He then prepared and changed out of his uniform while the others cleaned up the mess with Kyungsoo making sure everyone does a thing before he went to the kitchen to cook supper.

 

"I'm going!" Tao chimed cheerfully skipping down the stairs.

"Mmm, careful on the way" "get home safely" the brothers all said their goodbyes as their brother went on his way to fetch their mother from work.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Mrs. Kim went out of the bar-restaurant she's working at, bowing at the manager who sent her out. "Thanks for today sir, I'll see you tomorrow." She bowed bidding her goodbyes to her boss.

"Eung, see you tomorrow, Hye Jung-ah." The ahjussi said giving Mrs. Kim a big smile as he took a last glance at the beautiful woman.

 

Tao’s eyebrow twitched when he saw his mother’s boss looking at her like a ert. It was obvious that the boss has a huge crush on his mother but he won’t let anyone have their motherOver my dead body. He glared at the man before calling his mother to cut their conversation.

"Omma!" Tao called his mother and she turned smiling at her son. Tao quickly went towards his mom giving the manager a blank stare on the way. 

 

The 12 know that their mother, despite of having 12 sons, is beautiful and looks nothing like her age. And a lot of men want her. But the 12 won't let that happen anymore, especially if the man just likes their mom because of her looks. 

They saw how their mother suffered of being abandoned or left widowed by their fathers and it hurt them a lot seeing their mother cry while trying her best to take care of the 12 sons and working to give them food.

And because of that, the 12 swore that they will protect their mother from those selfish, erted men by all means. They will never let their mother hurt like in the past anymore. Not now that they can actually protect and take care of her.

 

"Omma, let's go. I'm hungry." Tao lied, giving his pouts to his mother. He doesn't want his mother to spend more time with that manager that was swooning over her.

"Arrasso." Hye Jung ruffled her son's hair before turning to the manager. "We'll be going now, Mr. Lim." She bowed again.

"Nee, see you tomorrow." The man said.

The mother and son bowed again before walking away while the manager watched them. Nice back view Hye Jung-ah. The ahjussi his lips, eating Mrs. Kim's back figure with his eyes.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Tao and his mother were walking on the empty streets holding each other's hands. Mrs. Kim was tired, but having to see her sons live a good and happy life that she's able to provide them washes all the tiredness away, especially when your sons are such darlings and dorks like her's.

 

"Omma, are you tired?" Tao asked his mom as he swung their hands.

Mrs. Kim gave her son a smile before shaking her head. "Ani, omma never gets tired as long I'm able to see my handsome sons." She said not wanting to worry her sons. 

Even though they're all boys and they were all busy with their lives, they never fail of taking care of their mother. And if they ever see signs of their mother having discomforts like shoulder pain or head ache, the 12 will offer everything they can to her like giving a massage, serving good food, and more treatments they could just to make their mother happy and comfortable again. 

 

Kris, Luhan or Minseok can simply give their mother a good 5 star relaxing package suite but Mrs. Kim is not the type to have her sons provide for her. And even though Minseok, Luhan, and Kris have permanent and good paying jobs, she never let them spend money in the house hold if she can pay for it.

She still remembers the hardships she and her sons had to go through in the old times, 10 years ago, just like it was yesterday.

 

Sehun's father, her last husband, died in a car accident leaving her with 12 sons that were aged 5 to 16 years old. Luckily, the late husband has left them with the big house they were living at or they would've had to live on the streets not being able to pay a rent for a house that is fitted for 13 people.

Minseok, Luhan and Kris needed to help their mother financially and had to work every weekend with their profits used as their pocket money for school while Mrs. Kim didn't even have the time to weep for her husband’s death as she took over 5 different jobs in order to pay for their expenses.

 

She would go home at 3:30 am and wake up at 5:30 to prepare her children's packed lunches, breakfast and iron their uniforms. Then at 6.:30, she'll wake Minseok to help wake the others up for school.

 

The elementary schoolers (Jongin, Tao, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol), high schoolers (Minseok, Luhan and Kris), together with the kindergartener Sehun, will have breakfast first while the middle schoolers, (Jongdae, Baekhyun, Lay and Suho) shower. And after that, the elementary students will shower while the middle schoolers dress up, the high schoolers distribute the ironed uniforms and put it in their brothers' rooms with the 5 year old Sehun putting a pair of clean socks beside each one.

Then, the middle schoolers eat then wash the dishes, the elementary dress up and dry the washed plates while the high schoolers together with Sehun shower and help prepare the maknae for kindergarten.

 

And when everyone's done, Mrs. Kim will always stay at the front door to check on each of her sons who passes by the door, fixing their uniforms and rechecking if they have their packed lunch and homework done, giving her sons kisses as she says "Be good at school, study well and omma loves you."

 

Then, the high schoolers will drop Sehun at the kindergarten before going to their school while the rest goes to their schools together.

 

Mrs. Kim will clean up the house and at exactly 9:30 and will again leave to work in a porridge shop until 1:30, just in time to pick her youngest from the kindergarten. 

She will go home and eat lunch with Sehun before going to her cleaning job at a hotel. She takes Sehun with her and the little boy will just stay quietly at the hotel's kids room to play while she does her job until 6 pm.

Then, Minseok and Luhan will go to the hotel. Luhan will take Sehun home with him while Minseok will go with their mother to help in another cleaning job, but this time, in a gym. They will finish the cleaning at 8 and Minseok will go back home to cook supper while the mother goes to another job as a waitress in a restaurant until 2 to 3 am.

That was their week day’s schedules. But every week end, Minseok,  Luhan and Kris go to their part time jobs while Mrs. Kim stays at home sewing the eyes on stuffed toys with Yixing, Kyungsoo and Suho helping her while the others studies or plays.

 

Then, when Minseok graduated high school, he decided to work fulltime and stop studying for the time being to help their mother. He worked as a bartender where his mother works every night and they go home together.

Kris then got discovered in his 2nd year high school and became a model. The 3rd eldest considered helping their family first just like Xiumin and as soon as he graduated high school, he stopped on his studies and pursued his career as a model, leaving Luhan the only one in college.

 

It took Mrs. Kim a lot of convincing and begging Luhan to continue his studies. Luhan wanted to stop as well and work but Mrs. Kim wanted her sons to finish, even if they did so one by one. Luhan then gave in to his mother's request and continued to college but insisted on paying for his studies as he became a working college student, working as a part time assistant of an architect after his classes which was good because he took architecture as his career.

 

Every one of them became a working student as soon as they reach 16 even though their mother insisted that she can still provide them their needs. 

It's not like they needed money or they're not financially stable. Not now that they have a super model, restaurant supervisor and an architect as brothers. They just don't like the idea of having to burden their mother after what she's been through. That they could at least help their mom by not asking for money for things like buying a pencil or something.

 

Now, not only Luhan but Yixing managed to graduate his education course as well and Baekhyun also is on his way of graduating in his HRM course while Suho was still in the middle of studying medicine and the youngers are still studying.

Having a secured financial status, Kris and Xiumin decided to return back to college after saving more than enough savings but still works after school days and on weekends.

 

To be honest, Mrs. Kim doesn't have to work anymore. Her 10 sons are yet to graduate but they're already crawling for success. Her graduated son Luhan is now and architect while Yixing is now  high school teacher in the town nearby.

Kris, who is taking fashion designing in college, is still getting a fortune for his modeling while Xiumin, who's taking HRM, gets more than enough as a weekend manager of a luxurious restaurant. 

 

Suho is currently in his job on training, but has saved a lot in his high school days to be able to at least support his school materials with Luhan paying for his tuition fees. 

Baekhyun is on his final year of college, majoring in education, but was already working at a kindergarten as a teacher's assistant. He had to stop working though to prepare himself to the board exam to get his teaching license so Kris is backing him up with the tuition fees.

 

Jongdae is on his 3rd year of majoring music and sells his compositions to the biggest agencies such as SM, YG and CUBE. He also works as a pianist at the restaurant Minseok is managing from time to time they have night reservation. He didn't need any help for his tuition because he has a scholarship and even got invited studying abroad but declined. 

As much as he loves the idea, he hates seeing their mother cry and even if they are twelve, Mrs. Kim won't be able to live if one of them is out of her sight.

 

Mrs. Kim always ends up crying even if her sons are just going for a school outing and staying for a night. Every one of them remembers it, how their mother weeps hugging each one of them before letting them go in the school bus that was only going to a province three hours away from Seoul. And if the mother almost got depression when Kris had to leave for an overseas project for three days, what more if Jongdae leaves for a year? 

Mrs. Kim tried to understand her son's dreams and finally let the 7th born go. But seeing how she was sobbing while saying she'll let him go made Jongdae decide to just stay in Korea to study. After all, he himself doesn't know if he can last a day without his mother and he will surely miss his annoying brothers. 

 

Meanwhile Chanyeol is in his 2nd year of computer science course. He's planning on taking it to the master's degree and since it is a long term course, he can only do part time jobs such as, repairing computers and such things related to it.

He doesn't really look like it but Chanyeol definitely has the brains and his mother and brothers supported him with his dreams. Luhan is the one who's paying his school fees.

 

Then, there's Kyungsoo who is starting his 1st culinary major year. He didn't need any support since he's a scholar and he works as a chef at Minseok's managing restaurant every weekend.

 

And also, we have Tao, Jongin and Sehun who are all in high school. Tao works in a department store as a part time job while Jongin works in a music store. Sehun often helps their mother with her job and without anyone knowing, he works as a model for uniform brands.

 

And as for Mrs. Kim, she managed to convince her sons to let her keep her two jobs which was the waitress at a restaurant (different restaurant, not the one Minseok manages) and the assistant secretary of a lawyer. But it looks like she's going to lose the waitress job soon. All thanks to that maniac erted boss of hers.

The twelve will surely not allow their mother to work there any longer now that they know that the boss has a huge crush on her.