Apologies

OUR BIG MAMA

The Kim's arrived at the hospital and saw Baekhyun shaking in a corner. Mrs. Kim ran to her son and embraced him whispering comforting words as they waited.

"What happened, hyung?" Kyungsoo asked, still panting because they rushed to the hospital.

"When I came home, I found the note and went to look for Kungkung too. Then I saw Jongdae walking at the opposite direction. I didn’t want to talk to him so I decided to ignore him. But then, I heard a small bark and then a loud screech then, when I turned around, I saw him in the middle of the street”. He explained and began hyperventilating again due to his cries.

 

Flashback . . .

 

Baekhyun saw Jongdae looking up in the sky mubling something. He knew his brother would only do that whenever he’s in a bad situation or feeling down. What happened to us, Jongdae? He wanted to comfort his brother and tell him that they’ll find their pup soon but when the flashbacks of what Jongdae did to his boyfriend appeared in his mind, it made him angry again and decided to turn around to search for their puppy again ignoring his brother.

Then a small pup ran pass Baekhyun and went to the direction where his brother was. Oh, he looks like Kungkung. Maybe they could be friends. Smiling at the puppy, his eyes followed the animal only to gasp when he saw the puppy run straight to the drive way.

Things happened so fast and a car appeared out of nowhere and was about to hit the puppy but even before Baekhyun could shout or say anything, he saw his own brother run towards the puppy and got hit by the car instead.

He saw how his brother, the one he chose to ignore, get hit by the car roll over it and land on the hard asphalt with a quiet bam making the other cars that were passing by stop. Blood was quickly coming out of Jongdae’s body as he lay there motionless.

 

Baekhyun was so shocked that he only got back to his senses when he heard someone scream. He then ran to his brother and pulled him to his embrace. “Jongdae! Jo-Jongdae! Please!” were the only words he could say as he held for this dear dongsaeng like his life was depended on it. No please, wake up.

Then he felt his brother twitch and looked down only to see the pup, alive and unharmed. A little startled but the pup could survive. Baekhyun then let the puppy out of Jongdae’s unconscious grasp and it went running to his owner who was crying.

Seeing the pup was safe, the later turned back his attention to his brother who regained consciousness. Jongdae had his eyes half opened but he could still see Baekhyun blurrily and knew that he was crying. Still a cry baby, hyung. He chuckled mentally at his little brother.

 

He still remembers how Baekhyun will cry for the smallest things when they were little. Bakhyun will always use aegyo and charms to get what he wants but if he couldn’t get it by with it, the boy always has his plan B which was his tears.

Not only that, Baekhyun cries easily too especially when someone says bad things to him, to their mother and their family. Baekhyun will be affected by those words and cry silently and Jongdae will always the one who finds him under the dining table and comfort the older by saying funny insults towards those persons badmouthing them. Jongdae would always joke about how ugly their neighbors are and tell Baekhyun that the neighbors are like that because they have pimples on their butts. Baekhyun will end up laughing on Jongdae’s insults and feel much better after that.

 

“Y-Ya.” Jongdae tried to sound fine but his body didn’t allow him to do so. “Don’t cry. Pabo.” He told as he could feel Baekhyun trembling and almost hyperventilating.

“J-jongdae. You-you’ll be fine. I promise. Just stay with me please.” Baekhyun told, ignoring his brother’s scolds and Jongdae couldn’t help but to chuckle surprising Baekhyun hyung, crying as always. Sorry for being mad at you, hyung.

To the latter, it was funny how the two of them were ignoring and shouting at each other earlier and now, there they were hugging, in a different situation though, but still hugging, right?

“How’s the pup?” Jongdae asked, his voice cracking due to the pain he was feeling, he felt like his bones were turned to ashes and he was sure the warm feeling flowing on his back was his blood.

Hearing the question, Baekhyun frowned at his younger brother. “Why are you asking for the pup when you’re the one dying, pabo?!” he scolded and tears began falling again. Jongdae again responded with a chuckle only to cough blood making Baekhyun panic even more. No! Stop bleeding, please.

“Because the pup looks just like you, hyung.” Was the last thing Baekhyun heard his brother say as the ambulance arrived and immediately took them to the hospital.

 

End of the flashback…

 

“It’ll be okay.” Joonmyeon tried to lift their spirits up. “Our Jongdae is a strong kid. I’m sure he’ll get through this.” Minseok added and the family agreed.

 

Then, after hours of waiting, the doctor went out of the operating room asking for Kim Jongdae’s family and he got greeted by the big worried family.

“How is he doc?” Mrs. Kim asked, her hands were trembling and her eyes were watery.

The doctor took a deep breath and looked at the ahjumma. “The patient’s life is safe for now. We managed to stop his bleeding but he lost too much blood and the time when he’ll wake up is not assured. We will transfer him to the ICU and keep him in close watch. Please come with us to take care of some paper works for the patient’s confinement.” The doctor said.

“No. My-my baby.” Mrs. Kim felt her blood leave her head and fainted. She couldn’t take it. She’ll die if something happens to her son. She wouldn’t take it.

 

“OMMA!” Jongin shouted, trying to wake his mother up but failed. Minseok then carried their mom and turned to the startled doctor. “Where?!” the eldest asked and the doctor, led them to the emergency room. Luhan, Baekhyun, Tao, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were left to make sure their unconscious brother will be transferred in a room safely and to comfort the traumatized Baekhyun while Wufan, Minseok, Jongin and Sehun went with their mother. Joonmyeon and Yixing went to fix their family’s hospital papers.

 

“What’s happening to us?” Chanyeol mumbled as he sat in front of the ICU where Jongdae was in. What do we do now? He tried to hold his tears back but whenever the image of his unconscious brother came across his mind, tears just wouldn’t stop.

“It’ll be okay.” Kyungsoo hugged his hyung with Tao quietly joining along. “Jongdae hyung is strong. Maybe he’s just trolling us right now and he’s actually awake.” He said, not wanting to believe that his brother was in a serious situation between life and death.

“It’s my fault.” Baekhyun sobbed. “If I just went and apologized to him instead of ignoring him, he wouldn’t be here. Mom wouldn’t have fainted. If I didn’t get mad at him. If I hadn’t fall in love.”

Luhan hugged his brother for comfort. “It’s nobody’s fault, Baek. Things just happens.” He said. “The only thing we can do now is be strong for mom and Jongdae. We should work together.” He told and he felt his younger brother nod before hearing him apologize. “I’m sorry guys.”

I’ll just deal with your boyfriend’s house when all of this is done. Luhan made a mental note to burn his brother’s soon to be ex boyfriend’s house as he comforted the youngers.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

The moment Mrs. Kim woke up, she went histerical and demanded for her to see her child. She was a crying mess that Wufan, who was on guard, didn’t have a choice but to let their mother go to see their brother.

Luhan, who was keeping guard at Jongdae, wanted to scold their mother for not listening to the doctors and Wufan, but the moment their mother hugged their sleeping brother, crying and telling him to wake up and that she was there now, he and Wufan could only turn their heads away as they blinked their tears away.

 

It has been two days since the accident happened and Mrs. Kim refused to take all her medicine without seeing her son. The brothers would take turns guarding their mother and brother and going to work and school.

 

Days turned into weeks but Jongdae never woke up. He didn’t move, not even a single flinch. The only thing that indicates them that he was still alive is the machine and the heaving of his chest when he breaths.

Mrs. Kim was very heart broken about her son’s condition and never left his side. The brothers didn’t have the heart to take their mother away from their brother and just made sure that the mother of theirs won’t skip meals and not forget her medications.

 

And with that, weeks became months and Jongdae remained unconscious.

 

 

The doctors decided to transfer the boy out of the ICU and confine him in one of the biggest rooms in the hospital, with two beds, comfort room and living room by the brother’s request.

But even with Jongdae out of the ICU, the doctors couldn’t assure them anything as the boy got severely damaged on his head.

 

As for Mrs. Kim, she got declared cancer free a month after Jongdae’s accident. But she looked skinnier and paler than before when she was sick that has got everyone worried. They couldn’t do anything though as Mrs. Kim was like that because she couldn’t put up with her son like this.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Oh my god, Baekhyun you’re late! Baekhyun was rushing out of university to go to the hospital to make their mother eat and take her medications. He looked at his watch and cursed, he only had 15 minutes to get there and he usually needed 20. With that, Baekhyun ran to the train station but when he was about to go down stairs, he heard his train leaving making him curse. Great! Just great Kim Baekhyun.

Annoyed and stressed, Baekhyun dragged himself at the bench to wait for the next train. As he sat on the it, he saw a familiar figure on the other side. He took a good look at them man and smiled, it was Jaejoong, his boyfriend. He was about to wave at him when he saw another man come towards his boyfriend and kiss him tenderly. And Baekhyun heard his heart crack.

Baekhyun wasn’t blind and knew Jaejoong enjoyed every second of the kiss by just looking. He was too heartbroken to shout at the two and just watched them take the train. What’s happening? He asked himself. Everything was going downhill for him. His brother was still in a coma, her mom is getting more and more unhealthier, and his brothers are always stressed out and not in the mood for anything and now, this, his boyfriend who he defended with all his might to his brothers was cheating on him in front of his eyes. Jongdae was right.

It was then, when Baekhyun realized why Jongdae behaved like that towards him and his boyfriend. But the brother of his didn’t tell him because he didn’t want him to be hurt. And those made Baekhyun hurt and feel more pathetic. I’m sorry, Jongdae.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Coming in to Jongdae’s room, he saw his mother asleep beside his brother’s bed. She looked stress and sad while Jongdae looked the same as always. He sat on the side of the bed and held Jongdae’s hand with his shaking ones. I’m sorry, dongsaeng. He cried silently. You're right all along. I was a fool. He said. Please wake up soon and help me punch that guy. You can’t leave now; I’ll kill you if you do. What will dad say to me when I meet him? He'll probably hit me for not taking care of you. He said and wiped his tears before waking his mother up for lunch.

“Omma,” his voice cracked but he didn’t care. “It’s time to eat.”

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Another month has passed and Jongdae was still unconscious. Everyone returned to their normal schedules with the addition of regularly visiting their mother and brother in the hospital.

 

Kris went straight home from work to get some clothes for their mother. He’ll visit them this afternoon and Joonmyeon reminded him about taking some clothes. He entered their mother’s room and felt his heart ache.

The room where they used to sleep together, do pillow fights, wrestling competitions, listen to their mother’s bedtime stories, was just now an empty and cold room. It has been months since Mrs. Kim started sleeping in the hospital and the brothers sleeping in their own rooms. Missing their happy times spent in the room, Kris heaved a sigh and took what he had to bring to the hospital. Everything will be alright, right?

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

I think there's a possibility that this story

could reach upto 50 chps

just like i promised

give me more ideas guys ~

I'm open for suggestions

OTPs and such.

BUT

I don't guarantee that all of them can be included in the story.

But I'll consider them all 

 

Love me well <3 ~