Live to see

OUR BIG MAMA

The next day, Jongdae woke up. And as expected, he was in his worst mood, worse than before he was put to sleep. But he didn’t throw or resist anymore knowing that the doctors will again give him tranquilizer if he does.

He was a calmer but his glares and words were bitter as hell. And to make sure Mrs. Kim won’t have to deal with a very harsh Jongdae, Nurse Kim decided to tell Minseok, who was on guard that time, to not let their mother in to the room for now. And with that, Minseok told his mother to take a walk on the hospital until Jongdae has calmed.

 

Mrs. Kim took a long walk in the garden and when it started to get cold, she decided to go back to Jongdae’s room. Even though nothing nice came out of her son’s mouth, even though his eyes could only glare, she still missed him and wanted to see him. After all, she is his mother and she vowed to love her son whatever happens or whatever he becomes.

 

She was walking in the hallways when she heard a loud shout followed by a glass breaking noise from the room next to her son’s. At first, she thought Jongdae went wild again but it wasn’t her son’s voice. It was of a child’s.

“I SAID GET OUT!” a young girl’s voice echoed on the hallways. “GET OUT!” she shouted and an ahjusshi went out from the room running as he covered his head from the flying rice cup Mrs. Kim believed to be thrown by the girl shouting.

The man closed the door and sighed as he listened how the doctors and nurses calmed his daughter down.

How can I help you, Yumin-ah? He asked himself as he stared at the door handle.

 

Mrs. Kim watched the man sigh and drown in his thoughts. She felt pity for the man because she herself is in the same situation. And with that, the mother decides to approach the man. “Are you okay, mister?” the ahjumma asked and the man looked up to see the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen.

The beautiful ahjumma. Of course, he has heard about the famous beautiful ahjumma. The nurses often talks about her in the lobby and he, unintended, over heard them whenever he’s kicked out in the room by his own daughter.

 

“Ahjussi?” Mrs. Kim felt worried when the man just stared at her. “Are you okay?” she asked again and this time, the mister responded.

“Oh, yes.” He said, embarrassed. “My daughter is in a bad mood right now, so I got kicked out.” He explained and Mrs. Kim nodded in understanding. She got kicked out too.

“Oh, we’re on the same boat then.” Mrs. Kim chuckled awing the man. “My son is in a bad mood too and I got kicked out.” She said and the two of them chuckled at their pathetic situation.

They both stood on the hallways staring on the wall as they waited for their children to calm down.

 

“Our Jongdae’s having a hard time because he couldn’t walk.” Mrs. Kim began. She likes telling people stories, hoping that they could get inspiration from it and strength to never give up just like her. “He’s sad because he’s afraid of trying to get up only to fall.” She said and the ahjussi completely understood the ahjumma’s situation. “But I’m not giving up on him.” She told. “I know he could do it. He just needs time to get his old self back. So I’ll just be by his side until that time comes.” She chimed and the man felt encouraged by the ahjumma’s words.

“We are their parents after all.” She continued and the man nodded in accord. “Please, be strong and don’t give up.” She smiled at the man and the man nodded.

 

Then, they heard the door open and a doctor came out looking for the man. “Mr. Lee?” the doctor called and the ahjussi bowed to the beautiful ahjumma before approaching the doctor.

“How is she?” he asked and Mrs. Kim listened as well.

“We had to put her to sleep.” The doctor said. “She broke her window and we’ll have to change her room because it’ll be very cold at night.” The doctor added and the father could only apologize.

 

Poor man. Mrs. Kim felt sorry for the father. She kind of thanked Jongdae for not breaking any windows yet since the room he’s in is the biggest room in the hospital. It’d be a big problem if he breaks it.

Her situation was no different from the man but the ahjumma chose to think on the positive things. She had to be strong. She did it when in the past and she can do it now as well. For the sake of my Jongdae.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“I said leave me alone!” Jongdae snarled at his mother who was holding a tray for hospital food.

“But honey, you have to eat.” Mrs. Kim insisted in a gentle voice. “How are you going to get better if you don’t eat well?” she asked and arranged the table so her son could eat.

“Get well?” Jongdae scoffed at his mother. “I’m never going to get well.” He said. “I’ll be crippled forever and rot in hell.” He laughed bitterly.

“Don’t say that, sweetheart.” Mrs. Kim’s heart ached at her hopeless son. “You’ll get better. You’ll see.” She said and put the table with the tray close to Jongdae only to be shoved on the floor with Jongdae’s angry swipe.

“I’ll never get better, omma! I’m completely useless, A CRIPPLE!” he spat out and laid down his bed, not paying attention to his mother that was now cleaning the mess he did. He’ll probably get scolded by his Luhan hyung later but he didn’t care. Nothing mattered anymore.

 

It was silent as Jongdae stared at the white ceiling while his mother cleaned up.

“Omma.” He called.

“Yes, honey?” Mrs. Kim turned to her son. This is the very first time Jongdae calls on her in a calm voice.

“Don’t you think it’ll be better if I died instead?” he asked as tears flowed slowly soaking his temples. “I’m just a burden to you now.” He said, finally letting his mother know what’s in his mind in hope that she’ll leave him and be happy with the rest of his brothers without him.

 

Mrs. Kim frowned at her son’s thinking. It breaks her to see her son like this. She held his hand and cried with him. “That’s nonsense. You’re never a burden to me.” She whispered enough for her son to hear.

“I’ll never become successful like Luhan hyung, mom. I can’t even protect you if a stalker comes bothering you.” He said, ignoring his mother’s words. “Instead, I’ll weigh you down because I can’t even go to the bathroom on my own. You’ll have to get me my food every time I’m hungry and get tired.” I’m sorry mom. He closed his eyes and swallowed his sobs, more tears flowing from his eyes.

“I used to dream on becoming the best song writer in Korea. Then, have fun with my brothers on my day offs and take you to dates when you’re bored.” He said and Mrs. Kim covered trying to repress her cries. “But I can’t do any of that now.” He frowned. “I’m just a useless son of yours now, omma.” He sobbed and covered his eyes with his forearm.

“I should’ve just died.” He whispered and Mrs. Kim shook her head no furiously letting out her sobs as she put her son’s hand on her face.

 

“No, Jongdae-ya.” She cried. “Please don’t think like that.” She begged and kneeled to face her son. “I know you may feel upset right now and you think that things won’t get any better. But I promise you that they will.” She sobbed. “I don’t know when, but that means you have to live to see. You are a wonderful son and brother, Jongdae, my loving and caring son who always makes us happy.” “I’ll be here for you no matter what. You are not alone and never a burden to me nor to your brothers and we will love you whatever you become.” She said and she heard her son sigh.

It’s too late now, mom. I hurt you and my brothers. I don’t deserve you guys.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Are you okay, Mrs. Kim?” Mr. Lee, who was again kicked out by his daughter, asked the mother who had her eyes swollen. The two would often see each other on the hallways whenever they got kicked out by their children and got close.

“My Jongdae doesn’t want to live anymore.” She said and blinked away her tears. “He doesn’t want to live because he doesn’t want to burden me.” She told and the ahjussi could only look at the ahjumma with sympathy.

“He’s such a kind boy that he prefers to die so I could live in comfort.” She cried and the ahjussi patted the ahjumma’s back for comfort. “Ottoke? My son’s having a hard time.” She broke into sobs again and Mr. Lee just listened, patting Mrs. Kim’s back hoping it’ll give her strength.

Be strong Mrs. Kim. Hope things will get better for you and your sons soon.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

On the second week, Jongdae was finally out of the hospital. He first refused getting on the wheelchair but when his hyung, Wufan, offered to carry him, he decided to use the wretched thing he’ll be sitted on his entire life.

 

When the news of Jongdae coming home was heard, the Kims thought that they’d be happy again and the old Jongdae would be back slowly but all that hope shattered when Jongdae told them to close the door of his room and don’t bother him anymore.

Everyone was devastated and sad about it, but they didn’t lose hope. They decided to be strong together and be there whenever their brother needs them just like what the old Jongdae used to do for them.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Hyung?” Sehun nudged his Benben hyung who wasn’t touching his food. He was rambling about something about school as they eat supper when he noticed one of his hyungs was ‘out of it’.

“Huh?” Kris shook his head and looked at the maknae, then to his brothers and mother who were now staring at him. Snapping out of his daze, he sat up straight and started to pay attention. “Sorry, what was that again, Sehunnie?” he asked and everyone knew something was wrong.

 

“Spill it, Benben.” Luhan said and Kris only blinked at them. “Something’s bothering my big brother.” Baekhyun pointed out and Kris only looked more confused.

“Which hyung, Baek? What’s up guys?” the tallest of them asked and the brothers could only sigh. If their brother was THIS out, it must be big.

“Are you telling us what’s bugging you or we’ll force it out on you?” Kyungsoo asked and Kris blinked again.

“Oh, it’s me.” He said, just realized that he was the ‘bothered hyung’ Baekhyun was referring to.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Comebaek's near omg I'm not prepared OTL

What happened to our Benben :'S