Fund raising in SNUH I

OUR BIG MAMA

The moment auntHyori’s killer heels stepped on Joonmyeon’s medical school, all the students and visitors all stopped walking and turned at the perfection of the Kims. It was the first day of the fundraising event and the family agreed to go by groups per day so they won’t cause a lot of trouble for Joonmyeon.

If there was something following the Kims, with the exception of sasaengs fans and stalkers, it’ll be trouble.

 

“So this is Joonmyeon’s school, huh?” aunt Hyori slid down her sunglasses and roamed the university with her eyes. “Not bad.” She nodded to herself and put back her glasses into its place. “Not bad at all.” She mumbled.

“So, where’s Joonmyeon oppa?” Amber asked and turned to Baekhyun, who was holding her hand. “No idea.” Baek replied and turned to his Benben hyung. “Hyung, where’s hyung?” he asked and Kris blinked at him before answering an “I don’t know either.” making the group sigh.

“He said he’ll be here in a minute.” CL, who just called Joonmyeon, said and the family waited, with Amber and Baekhyun already arguing like cat and dog over something about Baekhyun not buttoning the second button of his shirt.

 

After Amber’s ‘dating scandal’ with Baekhyun, Jaejoong and his gang stopped bothering the young man. The gang just disappeared in the city the night Minseok, Luhan and Amber went shopping in Myeondung late at night for 'Jongdae's get well soon gif'. The family didn't ask though knowing that the three didn't kill the man. Maybe they did hurt them or threaten them a little. 

Then, Amber and Kris, with Baekhyun, talked to their agency and told that the two were truly dating but the whole Kim family knew the truth that the two were just ‘pretending’.

 

To Amber’s disappointment, Kris was very cool about her dating his dongsaeng. In fact, the older wasn’t affected because of jealousy or something close to that, but because of Baekhyun getting bashed because of dating South Korea’s new trend. Amber cried, and of course, her new found best friend-boyfriend, Baekhyun comforted her after scolding his hyung.

But one thing Amber found strange was that it didn’t hurt like a lot like it usually did. Maybe she had seen it coming and was prepared for the indirect rejection. But then, another strange thing happened… her heart flips whenever Baekhyun holds her hand in public. And when she cried that night because of Kris, she felt happy because Baekhyun was there to comfort her.

She denied the thought of her liking Baekhyun because not only she was set for another heart break, but she didn’t want to lose her new best friend.

 

Little she knows, Baekhyun was already banging his head on Jongdae’s wheelchair every night because of the ‘bad spirit’ possessing his heart whenever he’s with her. Both were in denial, unconfident, and afraid to lose each other.

The family though, with the exemption of Baekhyun and Amber already knew where the two was going. They just didn’t push them, letting time take over for the two to realize their own feelings.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Where’s my handsome godson? What’s taking him so long?” Aunt Hyori never liked waiting and seems like that trait got inherited by CL as the daughter too was  already tapping her foot impatiently even when a minute hasn’t even passed since her call with Joonmyeon ended.

 

Now, crowd was slowly forming in sight of the top models and their model-like companions. Even Baekhyun was dressed up like one. Well, Amber forced her to. She even dragged him to their agency and got the both of them matching outfits. Baekhyun was whining about it but didn’t really put up a struggle.

 

“Oh, there you are, honey!!” Hyori cheered as she saw her godson running towards them, aware of the attention his family could attract.

Joonmyeon stopped in front of his family panting heavily that made Kris worried. “Hey, you shouldn’t run like that.” Kris scolded gently as he rubbed his brother’s back making the girls squeal at their new one true pairing bromance.

“I’m fine, hyung. Sorry, I got held up.” Joonmyeon said and still panting, he gave his best smile at his family. “Welcome to my university.” He said enthusiastically and even doing two thumbs up that made the family quiet, looking at the overly excited Joonmyeon, blinking once in a while to that welcome.

 

“Well, this is awkward.” Amber muttered and the group began walking in to the university totally ignoring the dorky welcome Joonmyeon just gave them.

“Really, oppa?” CL gave Joonmyeon a look copying the lame thumbs up and Joonmyeon could only pout. “I practiced that welcome since yesterday, you know. That’s the best I could’ve come up to.” He said and CL walked fast trying to get away from the dork.

Joonmyeon pouted at his cousin but was comforted by a pat on his shoulder by his oh-so-proud Benben hyung. “That was so cool, Joonmyeonnie!” The older said, trying to cheer his dongsaeng up. “You did well, dongsaeng. You’re welcome was awesome, hyung was so surprised.” He said and Joonmyeon loved his kind hyung for the white lies. But really? Is it THAT lame?

 

“I’ll take you to our booth first. Doctor Lim wants to meet you guys.” Joonmyeon said as he again led his pack to the said place. The family though was taken aback how their dorky Joonmyeon has lots of fans. Even boys adored him, watching the doctor in training talk with his family about the event.

“Woah, I never knew you’re this popular, Joonmyeonie.” Aunt Hyori praised and put her arm around her god son's shoulders. “As expected, you really take over me.” She bragged and her daughter, CL, just gagged at her mom’s confidence.

 

“Woah! Is that Suho sunbaenim’s family?” they heard the crowd whisper. “Isn’t that Amber and her boyfriend?” “Omg! I didn’t know Amber is dating Suho sunbaenim’s brother.” The girls giggled. “Kris oppa is so handsome.” “He’s perfect.” Amber heard and made her scoff inside.

 

Back off girls! If that fluffy dragon rejected the top trend, me, don’t even dream about it. She rolled her eyes.

“Is that Suho sunbaenim’s mom?” the crowd murmured. “Who’s the other girl? She’s so pretty.” “I like her boots.” “The Kims doesn’t have a daughter though.” One of the girls said worriedly.

“Maybe she’s a relative too?” One assumed.

“Hey, Suho sunbaenim’s younger brother is cute too.” And that was when Amber’s ears perked up high like a wild beast. What the ?!

“I know, right?” one agreed and soon, many of them we’re swooning at Baekhyun.

“Look at his eyes, omgee! He looks like a cute puppy!” one squealed. “I think his name was Baekhyun.” Another said. “My sister studies at the same university as him. She said he’s very popular not only with girls but with boys too.” She added.

“Too bad he’s already taken.” One sighed. HAH! In your face ez. Amber smirked to herself. “But I don’t mind spending a night with him. He’s so cute I just want to hug him. KYA!!”

“I want to kiss him, I hope he let’s me.” “Maybe we should pay him a visit at his university. I bet he won’t say to doctors in training.” “Yeah, we should do that.” “I’m in! When?”

 

“NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS, FAGS!” Amber shouted and hugged Baekhyun’s arm startling the boy. “What happened to you?” Baekhyun asked and Amber just gave him a glare before giving him an angry peck on the cheek. “You’re an idiot.” Amber said and Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at his weird 'girlfriend'. If they we’re alone right now, he would’ve snapped at the girl already, but since they’re in public and they’re supposed to be lovey-dovey, he kept silent.

 

“Suho subaenim, I love you!” one shouted that made CL and her mom turn to Joonmyeon with teasing eyes.

“Suho? Like guardian? Really?” CL was the one who started and laughed at her cousin’s nickname. “It’s not that bad, CL.” Hyori said clinging on her godson’s arm. "Joonmyeon looks like an angel so it’s not that bad.” The ahjumma said and smirked at the jealous girls looking at her. She enjoyed teasing the jealous girls swooning at her godson.

“I heard Chanyeol’s taking his girlfriend tomorrow.” Aunt Hyori whispered to Joonmyeon, close to his ears and smiled at the glares she was receiving. “We’ll meet her later at home.” She added and Joongmyeon turned to her with an excited smile. “I hope she’s nice.” Joonmyeon cooed and led his family to their booth. 

“Her lost if she’s not.” They heard CL said and they all kind of agreed. Now that CL and Hyori’s there, not even the divas of all the divas are a match from the baddest females.

 

“I still hope she’s nice.” Baekhyun mumbled enough for Amber to hear. “I want Chanyeolie to be happy or at least have our niece or nephew to have a complete family.” He said and Amber smiled at him. He’s always looking after his family. “I’m sure she’ll be just fine.” She said and gave Baekhyun's hand a gentle squeeze. “We’ll always find a way to solve anything, Baek.” She added making Baekhyun smile. He let go of Amber’s hand and put it around her shoulder instead.

“Yeah, we’ll make it through somehow.” He said and Amber blushed at the action. Yeah, we’ll get through. She said to herself trying to calm her crazily beating heart. Together.

 

“Yah! You two! Stop being lovey-dovey and try these sugared apples.” The two heard CL shout and saw that the others were already far ahead from them. Hyori auntie was very amused at the sweets while Kris bought it for her while Joonmyeon tried to help CL with her treats.

“You have a pretty weird family, Baek.” Amber laughed at how CL and her mother struggled eating dukkbokki with sugared apples. Yup. That’s the combination for them.

“They’re your family too, Ber. Don’t even deny that coz you’re just as weird.” Baekhyun comeback at her and led the both of them to the others.

 

During the day of the event, Joonmyeon toured his family and enjoyed the event. Kris even joined the basketball match just to win CL that gigantic stuffed panda that she wanted to give Tao. Aunt Hyori also joined a ‘bring me’ contest too. She apparently won it because she was casually wearing the longest dangling earrings in the whole university. CL won something too, but she won because CL never lose, according to CL herself.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Do you really have to stay?” Amber asked Joonmyeon with a frown. “We’re meeting Hye Min at home.” She added and Baekhyun nodded, agreeing to his girlfriend.

“I still have to help the guys clean up at least.” Joonmyeon smiled and ruffled the two’s heads. “I’ll try to go home as soon as possible and I’m meeting her tomorrow anyways.” He said trying to cheer AmBaek up.

“Just go home safely, honey.” Aunt Hyori said and hugged her godson. “Don’t tire yourself too much.” She reminded and the godson nodded with a gentle smile. “I will aunt Hyori.” He said.

“You better rest too, oppa.” CL said. “I bet you’ll experience hell tomorrow.” She chuckled already imagining how he would be sighing when he’s looking out for the members of the family who'll be going tomorrow. “Thanks, CL. But I think I’ll be fine.” Joonmyeon smiled and patted his cousin’s head. “Hope Tao likes your gift.” He added and CL grinned in triumph. “He will, oppa. He will.” She said confidently. “No one hates CL’s gifts.” She told.

 

“We’ll be going then.” Kris said and ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair. “Don’t go home too late, okay?” he said and Joonmyeon smiled at him. “I won’t hyung.” He told and Kris gave him another pat and went into the car.

“Bye hyung. We had fun.” Baekhyun hugged his hyung and went in to the car. Amber gave Joonmyeon a hug too and followed Baekhyun in, same as the others.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“WE’RE HEOMMMEE!” CL, Baekhyun and Amber chorused and entered the house like it was a joint concert.

“Oh, Hye Minnie!” Mrs. Kim squealed and led the young girl to the living room. “This is my cousin, Hyori and her daughter CL.” The ahjumma told and the petite girl bowed politely with a shy smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Hye Min.” 

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

OMG!!!