Chaperone

OUR BIG MAMA

 

Flashback...

 

"I'm going." Yixing wiped his mouth with the table napkin and stood up, picking his guitar case before going towards his mother. He kissed his mother's forehead and gave her a gentle smile. “I’ll be back before dinner.” He told sweetly and Mrs. Kim happily nodded at her son. "Careful at work, Xing Xing-ah." He beamed and the son nodded before turning to his brothers and waved a goodbye. 

"Eung, annyeong." Minseok told before taking a large piece of fried egg and the others followed with 'take care' 'good luck' 'do well' and 'make lots of money' as their goodbye to their brother.

Mrs. Kim kept on eating cheerfully with her 10 remaining sons until she heard the door close. Junmyeon wasn’t there because he had gone to some on job training overseas and left at dawn. Of course, Mrs. Kim sent her off with Minseok and Jongin that woke up earlier than usual just to make sure their mom wouldn’t buy her a plane ticket to go with their brother and to make sure that she goes back home safely. After all, a crying Mrs. Kim is a very dangerous driver and they all learnt it from experience.

 

He’s out! She whispered behind her mind.

 

That faint click of the door knob stopped her from eating and quickly whipped her head towards the close door just to make sure. Assaaa! She smiled widely before slamming her silverware on to the table shocking everyone who was having their breakfast. "Let's. Do. this!" She cheered and ran upstairs as quickly as she can leaving the dining room that became silent with some of the Kim’s having their mouth open in thoughts. 

 

"What just happened?" Benben broke the silence. "No idea." Jongdae answered still looking at the stairs where their mom just passed by. Even Chanyeol who was still half asleep was woken up by the slam, but the hotdog he had in his mouth slipped out when he got startled by the slam earlier.

"Yah! Eat like a human, will yah." Luhan hit the back of Chanyeol's head seeing the food that was on Chanyeol’s mouth, now on the floor. "Ahhh. HYYYUUNNG!" Chanyeol whined rubbing the back of his head as he pouted and took another hotdog with his hands. Seeing this, Luhan even got annoyed and turned to his dongsaeng. "YAH!" He shouted and was about to hit Chanyeol again but Mrs. Kim went down wearing weird clothing but yet, she still looked very  pretty; sunglasses and a polka dot handkerchief covering her head.

 

“Sweeties, you take care, okay? Omma has important matters to attend to.” She told along with an excited grin as she fixed her camera lens.

“Where are you going?" Sehun asked in behalf of his brothers, not having a good feeling about their mother’s grin." She’s up to something. The maknae thought and surely his brothers thought so as well.

”…and with those clothes too." Baekhyun added with a brow arched up judging his mother’s fashion. But he’s got to admit, she still looks good on it. Well, she’s my mom, so she’s exceptionally looks good in anything. He thought beaming in triumph inside his head knowing that if his brothers, especially Luhan, will surely hit him if they knew he’s bragging about stupid things. And that wasn’t the most important thing to think anyway, that grin their mom has the meaning of ‘doing something that she could get in trouble’ making the sons worried.

 

Mrs. Kim grinned and excitedly fixed her sun glasses before speaking. “I think our Yixing is having some problems in his work. So it’s time for his great mom to find out what it is.” She told and looked at her sons who were looking at her with disbelief. “Mom, what happened to letting hyung be and waiting for him t tell us until his ready?” Jongin asked with a brow raised. The brothers had noticed about their brother’s weird behavior as well and decided to talk to him about it but Mrs. Kim stopped them saying ‘Give him time, he’ll tell us when he’s ready’

The mother pouted and looked at her sons’ scolding look. “B-but Xingxing looks so sad and I really want to know what’s bothering him so I can help.” She told in a whiny voice matching it with her puppy dog eyes.

“But omma, we all agreed to give him time, right? And if you’re just going to know what bothering Yixing, why do you have to bring your 'paparazzi' camera?” Minseok asked and the brothers all agreed with their hyung. “Because I want to show you guys evidence … and have a remembrance of what my baby has been going through.” She replied, whispering the half of it but the youngsters didn’t let it escape their ears.

“Moooom!” they all scolded and Mrs. Kim just returned a pout.

“It’ll be just for a short while, promise I won’t do anything to embarrass him or get in trouble.” She tried to convince her sons but their expressions were unchangeable. “Pwweeessseee ~” she clapped her hand two times before rubbing her palms together with a pleading look. But no.

 

“Kim Hye Jung, You are not going out of this house.” Luhan told with a stern voice and the ahjumma’s face fell followed with a loud child like whine. “AH Waaaeee?” she stomped her feet as she frowned. “I got all things all set up and I even got dressed already.” She told but that won’t work, even on Yi Fan who always give up with just a please. After all, their mother’s safety and Yixing’s social life is at stake, if you know what I mean.

“I just wanted to know what’s bothering my child. Is that wrong for a mother to do?” she dramatically sat on the floor about to fake cries. “Aigoo, my poor Yixing, omma wanted to help you but your brothers won’t let me.” She cried. “Aigoo! Aigoo!” soon tears were visible, all thanks to Mrs. Kim’s acting and by that sight, no one was strong enough to resist, even Luhan the ‘rock’ of the house.

 

The brothers’ looks towards their mother all softened up and they looked at each other, asking what they should do to their ‘crying’ mother only with their eyes. And with that, all eyes, except the crying Mrs. Kim’s all looked at Minseok then at Luhan. Luhan had to look at his mother then at his brothers before heaving a long big sigh. How can we not spoil this mother of ours? The 2nd son asked himself before putting down his eating utensils.

“Fine, you can go.” He told followed by another sigh and Mrs. Kim, having heard those words despite of her ‘crying’ stopped instantly before turning to her son with blinking eyes and pouty lips, indirectly asking ‘really?’ What should we do with you, mom? Luhan closed his eyes before taking a deep breath, praying his decision of letting their mom go to their brother’s work place to ‘know what’s bothering him’ is a good one and that they won’t regret it later.

“Only if you’re going with someone.” He added and their mother’s twinkling eyes immediately saddened. She was about to argue about it but Luhan beat her up to it. “You can’t go alone and that’s final. No one to go to means no going out to know Yixing’s problem.” Luhan told and Mrs. Kim could only pout. She then looked at her sons and mentally calculated who she could drag in her venture to Yixing’s work place.

 

And the boys, seeing that look on their mother’s face all continued eating just to avoid their mother’s eyes knowing what she’s up to next. Chanyeol almost buried his face on his plate while Kyungsoo hurriedly, not necessarily started putting more side dish on his brother’s plates repeatedly chanting ‘Don’t look at omma’ inside his head. Luhan was the only one looking at her and it was clear to the ahjumma that her 2nd son wasn’t planning on going with her at all while the others busied their selves eating their half finished breakfast.

 

Mrs. Kim slowly stood up and watched her sons eat with her big round teary eyes while her sons were praying for her to not to look at them. She watched silently, hunting her sons’ eyes and the boy all knew that with just one glimpse they could get in trouble. And when Sehun finally made a mistake of making an eye contact with their mother, his eyes widened in horror and stood up immediately before looking at his ran out of battery watch he was wearing that day.

“Ommo! I’m running late.” The maknae exaggeratingly told and took his bag that was hanging by the chair he was seating on. He ran towards his mom and kissed her nose. “Sorry mom, I’m in high school and I have school.” He told before escaping the ‘dangerous’ situation he was in by going 30  minutes early to school. I almost died there.

Seeing this, Jongin and Tao looked at each other before stuffing all the food they can in their mouths and went to their mom for her goodbye kiss muffling not understandable excuses before dashing out of the house following their younger brother.

Mrs. Kim just nodded, wiping her face that was stained with cooking oil and grains of rice from her sons’ kisses, as she watched her maknaes escape from her. I guess the maknaes won’t do. She told herself and turned to the remaining chances she had left that was the busy drinking an empty mug Benben, very thristy Miseok who won’t stop drinking water, sleeping while eating Chanyeol, staring at the omelet Baekhyun, ‘studying’ Jongdae, calmly eating Luhan that was out of her list and Kyungsoo…

 

Having the wrong timing, Kyungsoo met his mother’s eyes and froze for a second, thinking what excuse he could make this time. He could say he has classes but Sehun already used that and 2nd hand excuses don’t work on Mrs. Kim. Panicking, Kyungsoo started gathering the empty plates and gave his mother a forced nervous smile. “I’ll wash the dishes now.” He told and quickly took all the plates he could before running off to the kitchen, leaving her only with Minseok, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Yi Fan.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t take it anymore and stood up as well taking his empty bowl of rice with him. “I’ll help Kyungsoo with the dishes.” He told and ran off .And Jongdae, not wanting to get in to a difficult situation put down his notes and reached for his stomach before standing up. “Opps, bathroom is calling.” He told before walking upstairs to the bathroom and the others knew he won’t be going out sooner or later, leaving the nervous Yi Fan, Chanyeol, Minseok and Luhan at the dining room with their mom.

Chanyeol then secretly tapped his phone under the table playing his ringtone before pretending to answer it. “Oh, yeah. The exam.” He said making sure his mom hears it and ended the ‘call’ before standing up as he took his bag and files. “Sorry mom, I’d love to go with you but I have an important exam today, next time, okay?” he told with a warm smile before kissing his mother’s forehead.

“I’ll drive you to school.” Minseok immediately followed his dongsaeng after kissing his mom’s cheek. “Bye mom, I don’t want Chanyeol to be late on his ‘exam’.” He told and ran off leaving Yi Fan, Lu Han and Mrs. Kim in the dining room.

Luhan looked up at his mother and gave her a bright smile. “You’re not expecting me to accompany you, right, omma?” he asked with a threatening tone, indirectly saying that he’ll take back her permission if she says ‘yes’.

“A-anni!” she told nervously before looking at Yi Fan. “Yi Fan will go with me.” She told and the 3rd son choked on his long gone coffee before looking at their mother. Blinking her eyes and pouting her lips, Mrs. Kim pleadingly looked at her Benben not letting him off that easy. “Right, Benbennie ~” she asked and Yi Fan froze on his seat before inwardly cursing his brothers for leaving him alone in trouble.

 

 

“Fine, I’ll just go get my keys.”

 

End of the Flashback...

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Yixing: That's my brothers running away from omma

 

Happy birthday Yxing oppa <3 ~