Achievements

OUR BIG MAMA

“We’re in the hospital.” Jongin said tiredly in a tone like he would say ‘I’m home’ and went to greet her mom with a peck on the cheek. “Awww… what’s with the tired face, Jonginnie?” Mrs. Kim brushed her son’s hair back to see her son pouting. “My brain got mashed in that exam, omma.” He told and the mother pulled her son for a comforting hug.

“Aigoo! My Jonginnie is tired. Aigoo!” she whined and Jongin could only smile as he hugs her back. Our omma’s back! He said to himself and glanced at his Jongdae hyung, who was sleeping peacefully on his bed. Wake up, hyung. I bet you miss these hugs.

Mrs. Kim broke the hug and cupped her son’s face. “So, how did the exam go?” she asked and Jongin looked at her first before grinning like a proud son he was. “Aced it.” He said like it was no big deal and the mother squealed and hugged her son again. “AIGOO! AIGOO! My son is really the best. JJANG!” she praised and Jongin smiled proudly.

 

“AHERM!” the two heard a fake cough and saw Sehun leaning on the door frame, some brothers grinning behind him. Sehun smirked at his hyung and flashed a certificate to his family with a triumphant grin.

“Hanguk high’s Math Olympics champion 2014, everyone!” Sehun declared as he entered the room and gave his mom the certificate. The mother took it excitedly and read the certificate with a big smile on her face. “OMMO! Our maknae is really awesome!” she praised and Sehun smiled wider as he fished out his gold medal from his pocket and put it on her mom’s neck.

“A gold medal for Sehunnie’s mother. For getting more and more beautiful she could even beat Kim Tae Hee.” The maknae said and gave his mother a kiss on the forehead. He then turned to his Jongdae hyung and smiled. “Ya, hyung. Wake up. Mom said I’m the best. Bet you’re jealous.” He teased and the family just chuckled, inwardly hoping for the young man to respond to Sehun’s mocking.

Sehun was busy hugging their mother when he got pulled away by his squishy hyung, Kyungsoo. “Out of the way, Seoul University’s best in design cake coming thru.” He announced as he went his way to the table to display his newest masterpiece that got the best design award just this morning in their quarterly evaluation.

 

“Woah! Kyunggie! This is amazing!” Mrs. Kim looked at the cake in full amazement while her son pinned the ribbon award he just won on her. “Let’s eat it together when all the guys are here.” He said and kissed his mom’s cheek.

 

And when Mrs. Kim though that her sons are talented enough, the rest comes in with their achievements. “Uff!” Tao hugged his mother with a huff and secretly took out his gold medal, won in their school’s martial arts tournament. “The contestants this year are tough but since I’m Kim Hye Jung’s son, no one could beat me.” He boasted as he put his medal on his mother joining Sehun’s.

 

“Yah. Get off. My turn.” Chanyeol pushed his brother and hugged his mother. “Omma. I’m so tired!” he whined as he secretly put an envelope in his mother’s pant’s back pocket. He went to help a business man’s company with the new computers they bought and got paid a lot more than he expected. The money was too much that Chanyeol tried to decline it politely but with the man’s insistence, he took it and decided to let his mother have it.

“Yah, what’s this?” Mrs. Kim felt something and took the envelope. Chanyeol chuckled and kissed his mother’s forehead. “I got a little extra. Go shopping and buy lots of clothes and bags some time, omma.” He said and the mother smiled at her son. “Thanks, Chanyeolie but you can have it.” She told but Chanyeol shook his head no.

“You have it mom, I’ll spend it on you anyways and since I don’t know what you need or want, you should buy it yourself.” He said and the mother could only sigh at her son’s stubbornness. She can still work and she didn’t like her sons spending their money on her.

“Fine, I’ll just keep it for you, for now.” She said and put the envelope in her bag.

 

“Omma! Hug me too!” Baekhyun whined and went to hug his mother. He smiled at his cheerful mother and chuckled. “I’m starting on my on job training the day after tomorrow ~” he whispered and Mrs. Kim looked at him with wide sparkling eyes. “JINJJA?!” she asked and Baekhyun giggled before nodding.

“KYA! My baby’s going to be a teacher! Ottoke?!” she spazzed in glee. “I bet your students will be head over heels for you, Baekkie.” The mother said and Baekhyun grinned in confidence. “I’m going to be so awesome, they’d ace my subject.” He said and the brothers just rolled their eyes on their him.

 

“Who wouldn't ace an art class full of 3 year olds, Baek?” Luhan smirked and Baekhyun glared at his hyung before sticking his tongue at him. “Ugly!” he said and ran to his sleeping dongsaeng. “Wake up, Jongdae-ya. I’ll let you meet kawaii babies.” He said.

 

“This brat.” Luhan glared at Baekhyun before greeting his mom with a tired smile. “How’s the city hall’s construction, my handsome architect?” Mrs. Kim asked and her son could only sigh. “Tiring, but it’s interesting.” He said and kissed his mother’s nose.

This was Luhan’s first project as the lead architect and everyone, knowing how genius is the young architect, expects a lot from him. Plus, the young man didn’t expect that his design would be chosen for the construction for the renovation of the city hall in Gangnam so when he was told about it, he was really surprised and happy.

 

“Woah! I have daebakk sons, I can’t ask for more.” The mother exclaimed and the boys smiled at the sight of their lively mother who was very fascinated by her sons’ achievements. It is true that her sons always gets an award in almost everything they do but the excitement and the fulfillment she feels whenever her sons tells her about something they achieved never lessen.

 

“Wufan’s coming out late, his schedules are packed.” Luhan said and hugged his mom again. “He told me to give you a hug for him.” He chuckled and felt his phone vibrate. It was his Minseok hyung’s text message.

“Restaurant’s closing at 21. Hug mom for me and tell her I got my barista license ;)” he read and the family had another thing to celebrate.

 

The Kims were in the middle of their celebration when a light knock was heard on the door. It was Nurse Eun Ae. “Annyeonghaseyo, sorry to interrupt. I just need to check Jongdae-ssi’s blood pressure.” She said and the family welcomed her, telling that it was okay.

The nurse saw the medals hanging on the ahjumma’s and smiled. “That’s a lot of medals and certificates Mrs. Kim.” She said and the ahjumma startled telling the nurse how proud she was at her sons and the nurse didn’t forget to congratulate the boys.

“Aren't they perfect, Eunnie?” Mrs. Kim beamed and the boys raised a brow at their mother because of the nickname their mom gave to the nurse. Really? Eunnie? Baekhyun mouthed at his brothers and the boys could just hide their smiles.

 

They don’t know much about Nurse Eun, but they know she’s nice and that she’s a great nurse judging on how she takes care of their brother. Plus, she was one of a million female in the hospital who didn’t ogle at them and their mother is really close to her. And to add to that, they all knew that their Minseok hyung kind of likes the nurse because of the way he blushes or stiffens whenever their mother mentioned the nurse’s name.

 

“He’s in perfect condition, Mrs. Kim. I’m sure he’ll wake up soon.” The nurse said after taking the patient’s records. She felt sorry seeing how the brothers and their mother looked at their sleeping brother and not wanting the heavy atmosphere in the room, the nurse tried to turn their attention to the cake on the table.

“Wow! That’s a really beautiful cake!” the nurse said and everyone looked at it. The nurse sighed in relief as the ahjumma started telling her about the cake and how her son, Kyungsoo, is the best chef in the world.

 

Then, Joonmyeon arrived. “I’m back!” he chimed and entered the room. He politely greeted the nurse and then hugged his mother. “How’s myunnie’s day?” the mother asked and the young man flashed his angelic smile that Nurse Eun Ae was sure that could kill millions of girls in an instant.

“It’s fine, I guess. How about you, ommoni?” he asked and remembered something. “Oh, right. I forgot about this.” He mumbled and took something from his pockets. He took out four medals, three golds and one silver. “I went to Jongdae, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s university today and met with Jongdae’s teacher.” He told and put one gold medal on their mom. “Best composition, Kim Jongdae.” He said the award and put another one. “Best lyrics.” He added and Mrs. Kim cried in happiness, proud of her sleeping son.

 

Jongdae has always been a bright child. Even though his brothers are always good at everything and gets a lot of complements from others overshadowing him, he never felt jealous. Instead, the boy would be happy for them and praised them too. Thing is, only their family were the ones who was aware of the young man’s talents.

 

“I’m so proud of my baby.” Mrs. Kim said and went to kiss her sleeping son. “Jongdae-ya, please wake up and brag about your medals, ne?” she said and the brothers could already imagine their brother’s high pitch but sweet voice, boasting about his medals.

“What about those two?” Mrs. Kim asked and Joonmyeon shyly smiled. “There was an awarding for best worker at the foundation today and they gave me this.” He said. “Gold in treatment and silver in surgery assistance.” He said and put the two medals on their mother.

Then, he took a folded certificate from his other pocket. “And I’m not sure about this award but my mentors said I won Mr. SNUCM (Seoul National University College of Medicine) 2014.” He said, confused. “I didn’t remember entering any contest like this though.” He said and everyone laughed at the doctor in training.

 

“Our genes are awesome just like that, hyung.” Tao boasted. “Winning the most handsome contest in the university without entering is just something. YEHET!” Sehun added and the nurse laughed along with them.

Even she couldn’t deny about the fact that they’re all exceptionally good looking and knowing that they are talented and smart too, confirmed it to the nurse that the Kims are really one family of perfection.

 

Then, Miho and Yixing arrived with lots of snacks. They all greeted the nurse and invited her to eat. And since it was the first time Nurse Eun heard Yixing talk just to persuade her to have a snack with them, she couldn’t say no and stayed.

She was at awe at the family and seeing Miho with Yixing just pushed her admiration for the family to another level. The two really look good together and Miho is just as perfect as the Kims. Miho was undeniably made to be part of that family. The nurse was sure of it.

 

Then, the nurse’s thoughts were interrupted by Baekhyun. “So, Eun Ae-ssi, what do you think?” he asked and the nurse could only blink in confusion. “Sorry, about what?” she asked and the brothers inwardly smirked while Miho and Mrs. Kim giggled. To them, it was obvious that Minseok likes the nurse and they think the nurse likes him too, but they have to be sure about that, don’t they?

Baekhyun, realizing the innocence of Nurse Eun, decided to change the question. “Oh, let me change it.” He said and drank his water before speaking. “Who do you think is the most handsome among us?” he asked and the brothers tried to fix themselves wanting to be picked. Having a beautiful nurse to tell them they’re handsome never hurt.

 

The nurse blinked at the question but looked at the brothers one by one. Jongin hid his face on his mother’s back while Sehun tried to hide his smile, blushing. Tao though was confident and flashed his biggest smile to the nurse that earned him a giggle while BaekYeol did a handsome pose just for the nurse. Yixing gave her a humble dimple smile, Joonmyeon with his angelic smile, while Luhan just looked at her with his usual straight baby face and Kyungsoo with his famous O.O eyes.

“I should only pick the brothers that are here, right?” she asked Baekhyun and everyone giggled. She wants to pick Minmin hyung!! The family spazzed inwardly. “Well, you can pick the hyungs who are out too.” Chanyeol relied. “You can pick from the twelve.” Miho added and the boys grinned at their sister-in-law.

 

“So, Eunnie ~ who would you pick?” Mrs. Kim asked and Nurse Eun felt herself blush. “Uhm…” she hesitated but seeing everyone’s sparkling waiting eyes, she just had to answer. “I think the most handsome is Minseo—“

“I’m back!” Minseok entered the room and everyone looked at him. He met eyes with the blushing Nurse Eun and gulped nervously. Did I just miss something? He asked himself and heard everyone grunt.

 

“Yah! Hyung! Your timing !” Jongin, finally out of his mother’s back said. “I know, right?!” Chanyeol said in annoyance. “Aish! Hyung!” even Luhan was enthusiastic about the nurse’s answer even though he was sure she was about to say his hyung’s name.

“AHHH! Mwoya~~” Joonmyeon nagged and the first born could only frown in confusion. “What did I do?” he asked and the family could only sigh while the nurse blushed hard.

“Nothing, hyung. Nothing at all.” Kyungsoo said oozing with sarcasm.

 

“She was about to say Minseok oppa’s name. I’m sure of it.” Miho whispered at her boyfriend and Yixing smiled knowing that everyone knew the nurse’s answer. Good luck, hyung. The couple laughed seeing the blushing nurse and the confused Minseok while the others went on with their whining.

 

 

But then…

 

 

“YAH! Why is everyone so noisy! There’s a sleeping person over here!” Jongdae’s loud and whinny voice was heard.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

OHO! A happy chapter for my last update ~

Wait for me, ne?

My exam's tomorrow, OTTOKE?!

Love me well <3 ~