First days of the year

OUR BIG MAMA

“Eat some snacks sweetie.” She told and Baekhyun shook his head. “No, I’m not hungry anymore.” He said. “I got mom.” He smiled and the mother chuckled.

Baekhyun smiled happily seeing his mom like this and hugging her but the moment was ruined when he felt a feet on his back. “YAH! What are you doing with my mom?!” Jongdae’s voice boomed and kicked Baekhyun some more. “Get off her! Get off! Get off! Get off!” the later bugged his hyung and Baekhyun turned to glare at the younger. “YOU WANNA DIE?!” he shouted but Jongdae wasn’t fazed by it.

“You brat.” Baekhyun turned to Jongdae and crushed his younger brother with his body. Jongin saw what happened and grinned in victory as he stood on the table and shouted “WRESTLING!!!” before he joined the human sandwich as the two at the bottom shouted in pain. Well, not really, but you get me, right?

 

“OOFF!!” Baekhyun groaned when Jongin jumped on them while Jongdae was non-stopping shouting “YAH! KIM JONGIN, KIM BAEKHYUN YOU PIGS!” as he laughed. Then soon, the other brothers went running and joined the sandwich casing laughter to the elders and their mother.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! You boys should stop now, the foods ready.” Narang ahjumma called from the window and the boys went running inside to eat.

“Let’s go grandma!” Sehun and Tao dragged their grandmother along while Yixing walked with their grandfather. Mrs. Kim walked with Joonmyeon who told her that he’ll check her BP first before eating. It’s very handy to have a doctor in the family.

 

“How’s practice kids?” Narang ahjumma asked as the boys took their seats. They boys started telling her what they’ve been doing at the same time and the ahjumma just listened calmly to what she could here.

If it was another person, that person might’ve gone insane because of how the boys could talk all at the same time, but since it was Narang Ahjumma, there wasn’t any problem. She knew the boys well and was used to their energy.

 

When everyone was seated around the dining table, Joonmyeon and their mother went out of the room making the others look at them. “How is it?” Kyungsoo asked and Joonmyeon smiled at them. “Don’t worry guys, it was just a checkup and her blood pressure is all okay.” He assured to his brothers and pulled her mother’s seat first before taking his seat. And with all of them seated, the feast began.

 

“I’m so excited about tomorrow.” The grandmother cheered as they eat and Hye Jung giggled. “The costumes are finished too.” She added and turned to Narang Ahjumma. “Thanks to Narang Ahjumma’s rapid sewing skills.” She said and the ahjumma chuckled. “I’m sure it’ll look great on them.” She said and the boys looked at the three ahjummas nervously.

“What will look good?” Luhan nervously asked as they all prayed it’s not a sparkly costume they’re talking about. “Your costume for the contest, silly.” The grandma said and the boys almost choked on their food.

 

“It’s… not sparkly, isn’t it?” Kris worriedly asked and the ahjummas giggled even more. “Please don’t tell me it’s flowery.” Kyungsoo pleaded as he was ready to drown in to the sea of embarrassment if that was the case.

“Not at all.” Narang ahjumma answered. “It’s actually school uniform.” She added and the boys sighed in relief. “If you guys wanted sparkles and flowers you could’ve just said so.” She chuckled and the guys started with NO pleads making the ahjummas laugh.

 

“So, are we getting that victory tomorrow?” the grandma asked and the boys smirked in confidence. “We won’t go home without it grandma.” Jongin said with confidence and the grandfather laughed. “That’s my grandson!” the old man laughed and they boys happily listened to the elder’s laughter.

 

Making mom and grangrans happy is our best priority. And this contest will be one of the ways so we’re definitely getting that win.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Tomorrow quickly came and the ahjummas excitedly prepared for the feast and the contest while the boys used their morning to rehearse some more. Then, evening came and the Kim family went to the court where the contest was being held.

 

As usual, the Kims turned everyone’s heads as soon as they entered the place and got the girls drooling because of the handsome men in uniforms.

The Kims went to their own reserved table and walked pass the Choi’s. Even the old ahjumma and her grand daughters who were holding their cellos were dazzled by the Kim brothers’ visuals making the grandma Kim smirk. I can see your drool, neighbor.

 

“So, you ready to lose, Choi?” grandma Kim asked in full confidence and Mrs. Choi replied with another smirk. “Puh-lease. Your grandsons may be handsome, but my granddaughters are prettier than Yoona, Suzy and Dara. Plus, they have pure talent. So you might just want to go home, Kim. This contest is not just about looks.” The old Mrs. Choi said and Grandma Kim was about to lash out on her if it wasn’t for grandpa and Hye Jung pulling her towards their table.

 

“You guys better win or I’m grounding your mother for a year.” Grandma Kim told her grandsons making Hye Jung frown. “What did I do?!” she asked confused and just huffed.

 

Minseok patted her mom’s shoulder and smiled. “Don’t worry omma, we’ll win this. Don’t mind grandma, she’s just upset.” He tried to cheer their mother up and it somehow worked.

“Win for me babies. I may have twelve sons and almost fifty but my mom could still ground me.” She told and the boys laughed before assuring her their victory.

 

 

Then, the contest started. Some contestants did some weird things like cracking a coco with their fist, some singing trot while some sang and dance. Then, the Choi’s turn came and with a smirk, the girls went up the stage and smiled to their proud grandmother.

 

Grandma Kim rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Hope the strings snaps.” She mumbled only to be scolded by her husband.

 

And then, the girls started playing…

 

It was a great performance and everyone was absorbed to the good music as the girls did it with grace until they looked to the Kim’s table and smirked to the boys.

 

“Did that just smirked on us?!” Baekhyun whisper-shouted and almost stood up on his seat to lash out on the girls but got pulled down by Chanyeol. “Calm down Baek, we’ll get out turn.” Chanyeol said.

“And when we do, we’ll have the last smirk.” Luhan added making his brothers turn to him. He looked more determined to win this time, his eyes almost flaming. He wasn’t really interested in the contest and just decided to join along for their mother and grandparent’s happiness but all that changed when one of those over confident girls smirked at them. No one smirks at Luhan, especially if it’s a girl. And that. Is. Law.

 

After the girls’ presentation, the crowd gave them a round of applause and the MC announced the next performer, the Kim brothers who entered as EXO.

The ladies in the village erupted with loud cheers for the handsome men and grandma Kim stood up energetically cheering like there’s no tomorrow. “LET’S BRING THAT PRICE IN OUR HOUSE BOYS! GO GET THEM!”

The music started and the cheers got louder grandma Kim’s and Hye Jung’s the loudest ones.

“YOU’RE GOING DOWN CHOI!” they heard their grandma shout. “THEY’RE MY SONS!” they heard their mother proclaiming to the world.

 

The boys mentally palmed face themselves but they kept their expressions well and started dancing.

The moment the boys started, the Choi’s jaws dropped as well as the other audiences’ while the Kim ahjummas smirked in triumph. Grandma Kim turned to her daughter and grinned. “We are so winning this.” she told and Hye Jung giggled. “You bet, mom.”

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Are you sure you have everything?” grandma Kim asked her daughter and Hye Jung nodded. “Yes, mom. It’s your 16th time asking.” She said and the grandma sighed. “Take care of yourselves and of my lovely winners.” She said and hugged her daughter. “And you better get perfectly healthy or I’m going to pull all your hair out.” The old Kim added and Hye Jung laughed at her mom.

“Don’t worry mom, Jirin and Harin unnie are great doctors. I’ll be strong as a bull in no time.” She assured and the old lady just smiled. “Now, give your dad a hug, he’ll spend his day sulking again after you guys leave.” She told and Hye Jung did what was told.

“Daddy!” Hye Jung hugged her father tightly and the old man smiled at her little girl. “Get well soon, sweet heart. And visit us soon, ne?” he said and the daughter nodded. “Appa loves you. You know that, right?” He said and Hye Jung nodded.

“I love you too appa ~” she responded before breaking the hug, knowing her father will just ended up crying if they stayed that way longer. “Please take care of yourselves and keep mom under control. With the looks of it, she might do a parade with the trophy the boys won soon.” She said and the old man chuckled. “And keep her from strangling Mrs. Choi, I don’t want my mom in prison in this age.” She added and the old man nodded, smiling.

 

“Don’t worry; I’ll keep an eye on her.” Mr. Kim said and looked at his grand children saying their goodbyes to their already crying grandmother.

“Please take care of yourself abeoji. I’ll visit you more often this time and bring the kids too.” Hye Jung sweetly said as she wiped her father’s tears that unknowingly escaped the old man’s eyes. “Please don’t be lonely while we’re gone and smile often, don’t fall asleep on the living room and always wear warm clothes. I love you.” She said and hugged her father one last time before calling the kids to say their goodbyes to their grandfather.

 

Then, after the long goodbyes, Mrs. Kim and her sons all boarded the car and waved at their grandparents one last time and drove away.

The elderly waved them goodbye while Grandma Kim shouted her last message as they do so. The last thing the guys heard was Grandma Kim shouting about wanting to see grandchildren soon making the boys blush and tease Yixing since he was the one who has a girlfriend among the twelve.

Yixing turned red beet because of that and Mrs. Kim giggled at her son’s reactions and laughed when Yixing confessed that he couldn’t even hold his girlfriend’s hand without sweating.

 

Sighing contently, Mrs. Kim rested her back on the seat and watched the sun setting. See you soon mom and dad. We’ll have more happy days together, promise.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After the short holiday, the Kims were back to business. The boys went to their regular classes while the others went to their jobs. They made sure that someone accompanies their mother in her checkups and treatment sessions too. She stopped running away from her medication too and was recovering in a good speed.

 

The Kims spent their first days of New Year filled with laughter, happiness and love. Their family looked like it has gotten bigger because Yixing’s girlfriend, Miho, visited the Kim’s house often and eats dinner with them.

The boys thought that their mom would like to have some ‘girl talk’ once in a while and since, with the exemption of their diva Baek, all of them are full boys and have no idea what that talk consists of. Even the internet didn’t help them. So they decided to ask Miho for help by hanging out with their mom once in a while and the young lady did not hesitate to do it.

But then, life is not just made of happy things…

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“We’re going now!” Miho shouted their goodbye as she and Yixing made their way out of the house. The family dinner just ended and Yixing was to drive his girlfriend to her house.

 

As they were driving, Miho looked a little bit uncomfortable and Yixing felt it. With that the Kim reached for his girlfriend’s hand and gave it a squeeze making the girl smile. “I’m fine.” She told understanding what her silent boyfriend meant. “I’m just worried.” She added and sighed.

“Yixing.” She called and the boy looked at her for a moment encouraging her to speak. “Have you notice something strange in your house? I mean, not inside but outside.” She asked and Yixing turned to her before thinking.

“No. why?” he replied and Miho sighed again. “Then, never mind.” She said but Yixing pulled her hand and kissed the top of it. “Tell me.” He said and Miho almost melted at her man’s sweetness.

“You see, I saw this man loitering around your house, I saw him last week watching your house from a far and today too.” She said and Yixing frowned at the news. “I’m scared for omma. Please lock every door and windows always and don’t go home too late.” She told worried. “Tell your brothers too.” She added and Yixing smiled at his girlfriend’s concerned heart.

 

They reached the girl’s apartment and Yixing accompanied her up to the door. “Careful driving and call me when you reached home when you’re already in your pajamas, okay?” Miho reminded him and Yixing smiled lovingly making the girl fall deeper in love for him.

“I will.” Yixing said with a gentle voice still holding his girl’s hand. “And I’ll talk to my brothers (about what you said) so don’t worry.” He added and Miho nodded. Yixing took a deep breath and kissed the girl’s forehead before smiling with a red beet face. “Good night, my love.” He said and ran to his car while Miho stood frozen in her place.

This was the first time, he did something like this and she really liked it. Chuckling at her boyfriend’s shy expression of endearment, she turned and opened the door to her apartment. He waved at Yixing, who was waiting inside his car, one last time and went in.

That pabo, Yixing. She flushed thinking of what just happened as she entered her unit. I just love him more and more every day.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

among the readers,

someone requested about the daughter in laws

XD

so here she goes

and about the rest of the brothers,

we'll see... If they're going to be paired up

+

I'm still thinking about the Amber cameo XD

Love me well <3 ~