Goodbyes and Graduations

OUR BIG MAMA

“Hey.” Chanyeol groggily said as he went on the side of the bed. He studied the mother of his daughter’s face while Hye Min just smiled at him. “Hey, yourself, Yoda.” She giggled and Chanyeol sighed in relief. She still hasn’t change. He thought.

“How’s our baby?” she asked and Chanyeol returned her a smile getting excited by just thinking of their little angel. “She’s a healthy and beautiful baby but she’s still in the NICU just to make sure she’s all okay.” He said and reached for the girl’s hand. “Luhan hyung, Hana noona and Joonmyeon hyung are taking care of her now.” He told and Hye Min raised a brow hearing a familiar but not-so-familiar name.

 

“Hana? Joongmyeon oppa’s girlfriend?” she asked and Chanyeol nodded. Joongmyeon told the whole family about his and his hobae’s act and they have decided to keep it going just in case Hye Min still runs after the doctor in training.

“Oh.” was the only thing Hye Min could say while Chanyeol observed her reaction. She took it more calmly than I expected. He thought but didn’t say it out loud, still cautious of the girl’s behavior. He didn’t want them to fight when she just woken up from her unexpected coma and he didn’t have the energy to deal with her tantrums either.

He’s been keeping watch Hye Min for two days straight now and at the same time trying to cope up with his studies. He even made separate notes for Hye Min so she could study for the finals as soon as she recovered.

 

“She’s really pretty, isn’t she?” Hye Min’s statement made Chanyeol look at the girl in surprise and almost in shock. Did she just say… Hana noona is pretty? He asked himself. The last time he checked Hye Min hated the other girl. Well, according to what the ‘fake’ couple said, that is.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol said. He didn’t even deny it anymore and was prepared for the tantrums he was going to receive but again… to his surprise, Hye Min only giggled.

 

“A-are you okay?” Chanyeol squeezed her hand and reached to feel her forehead for any fever. And there wasn’t. Hye Min was acting kind of weird and it kind of freaked Chanyeol out. Even though the two of them didn’t have the best relationship of all, they still are bounded by Seon Hee and he didn’t want anything bad happen to her.

 

Hye Min giggled and slapped Chanyeol’s hand away from her forehead before laughing. “I’m not sick, silly.” She said and the young man just blinked at her unusual behavior. She looked out the window and smiled sadly. “I really do like you Chanyeol.” Hye Min said before meeting eyes with him. “But I kind of lost my way to your heart.” She mumbled and Chanyeol was just confused.

“Hye—“ Chanyeol was about to ask what was wrong when Hye Min stopped him by placing a finger on his lips. “Let me finish first, ne?” she said with a different kind of aegyo, not the annoying one she have always showed them. It was kind of cute. Chanyeol thought but the thought her unusual behavior kind of bothered him but the girl talk anyway.

 

“I’m sorry for acting such a to you and to your family.” She said and Chanyeol blinked a few times again but kept quiet and listened. “I don’t even know if you guys will forgive me but I’ll apologize anyway.” She chuckled. “And to be quite honest, I really like and come to love your family. Even the unnies and Amber too.” She continued. “And I also feel sorry for our baby because I didn’t care enough for her and only think of myself. I won’t deny that I was jealous of my own daughter because I know that she was the reason why you guys kept me in your house.” She confessed.

“Sorry for almost breaking your brothers’ relationships too.” She told. “And most of all, sorry for giving you guys a hard time.” She smiled apologetically. “Please be happy with Seon Hee and tell her that I love her so much.” She said and Chanyeol snapped out of his day dreams. What—.

“I love you Chanyeol.”

“Good bye.”

 

 

“CLEAR!” Chanyeol heard the busy shuffling and the furious beeping of the machine. He opened his eyes to see a lot of doctors surrounding Hye Min’s bed and he shot up immediately to see what was happening only to be stopped by a crying Jongin and Sehun.

“CLEAR!” the doctor shouted as the small body jolted in shock coming from the defibrillator paddles.

 

“What’s happening here?!” Chanyeol started to panic. He was just talking to her a minute ago. He thought as he was still half awake when the doctors stopped and one of them looked at his watch and turned to the nurse.

“Park Hye Min. Time of death: 14:30”

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Chan?” Baekhyun approached his dongsaeng who was again sitting beside Hye Min’s grave. It’s been a month since the young mother died due to delivery complications and even though they had problems with her, it hurt them. She was already part of the family and even though she behaved like she did, she was still the mother of their little Angel and believe it or not, the family missed her childish tantrums.

The family was sad but the most affected one was Chanyeol. He couldn’t help but feel guilty by the way he and Hye Min fought when she was still pregnant with baby. And the fact that she appeared in his dreams before she died kind of made it worst.

Now, Chanyeol would disappear randomly and the brothers would always find him at the cemetery sitting beside Hye Min’s grave day dreaming.

 

It was hectic during the funeral too especially when Hye Min’s parents from US arrived and blamed Chanyeol for their daughter’s death. Of course the brothers and Mrs. Kim protected the young father but Chanyeol stopped them and willingly received the furry of Hye Min’s parents like he was punishing himself.

The parents though calmed down when they had the chance to talk with Mrs. Kim who introduced them to their granddaughter, Seon Hee. Mrs. Park cried at the sight of the little angel and all the anger was replaced by regret for not being there for their daughter when she needed them the most.

 

The fact that they didn’t like Chanyeol though continued until Baekhyun saw Mrs. Park insulting the already depressed Chanyeol at the back of the funeral service and there told them what really happened behind their daughter’s pregnancy.

And to the Kim’s surprise, the parents weren’t surprised when they heard that Hye Min was the one who forced herself to the young man. They also knew that Hye Min had a crush on Chanyeol since 6th grade. There, it was revealed the Hye Min actually stayed in Korea because of him and that both parents knew it.

It was kind of a messy situation but after letting their agony out, the Parks finally got a hold of themselves and apologized for the trouble and harsh words they said to Chanyeol and their family. They also apologized for their daughter’s behavior and asked if they could visit their granddaughter once in a while which the Kims were happy to say yes.

The Kims actually thought that the Parks will fight for the custody of the child but they didn’t. The Parks thought that the child needs her dad at least and that Hye Min would like her daughter to be with the man she loved since childhood.

And with that, Seon Hee stayed with the big family of Kims.

 

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun sat beside his brother and leaned his head on his brother’s shoulders snapping Chanyeol out of his thoughts. The latter turned his head and saw his hyung leaning on him. “Since when did you get here, hyung?” Chanyeol asked. “Five minutes ago.” The older replied and patted his brother’s back.

Everything was now falling to its place but Chanyeol was still sad about Hye Min’s death. He may not love her like she did to him but she was important to Chanyeol. She’s the mother of Seon Hee and he really accepted her in their family despite of her childishness.

“Omma’s getting worried you know.” Baek said and Chanyeol sighed. “Sorry. I just missed this brat’s tantrums.” He said and Baekhyun chuckled, agreeing to his brother. Hye Min might be the most annoying pregnant girl in the world but the house seemed so quiet without her there. Well, not really quiet because they now have another noise maker in the house, Seon Hee, who was spoiled by everyone but yeah… to the Kims it was still quiet.

 

“I’m graduating tomorrow, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said. “And I want you to be there.” He added and the latter nodded. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He assured and Baekhyun smiled. “Tell me whenever you want to visit Hye Min. We should visit her together, you know. It’ll save omma all the little panic attacks she’s having whenever you disappear.” He told and Chanyeol nodded again.

“I just went here to say goodbye.” Chanyeol said and cleaned the grave. “I have to become a better father to Seon Hee and catch up with my studies. I’m sure Hye Min is in a better place and that she’s watching over us.” He said and looked at the blue sky. “I can already imagine her threats of kicking my if I keep on being depressed.” He chuckled and that made Baekhyun relieved and proud of his brother.

He’s been very down a lot lately and it worried them that their happy virus was acting like this.

 

“We’re all proud of you, Chanyeol.” Baek said and slapped his brother’s arm. “But that doesn’t mean you can slack off.” He joked and stood up. “I’ll wait for you in the car. Amber is waiting there too. Prepare for a good scolding, Chanyeol. She’s not impressed with the B- you got in calculus.” He told and Chanyeol nodded as he watched his hyung about to walk to the car.

“Hyung.” Chanyeol called and Baekhyun turned to him waiting for his words. “You should ask Amber out.” He smiled at his hyung and Baekhyun returned another smile. “Already on it.” He told and winked at his brother. “Don’t tell omma yet. Our brothers knows though.” He said and ran to the car.

 

Chanyeol looked at the grave one last time and smiled. I’ll take good care of Seoun Hee, Hye Min. Please watch over us and be happy wherever you are. He touched the engraved name on the grave stone and the wind blew gently.

“We won’t forget you. Good bye.” He mumbled and stood up to join the soon-to-be couple.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Baek hurry we’re late!!” Mrs. Kim was pacing back and forth nervously in front of their house. She was wearing a black elegant dress and wore a little bit make up also. She was so excited about Baekhyun’s graduation she could even get a wink of sleep.

“Omma, it’s 7am. The ceremony starts at 11.” Jongin whined rubbing his eyes. They just woke up and their mother already had the car started. Even their princess, Seon Hee, was already dressed but still sleeping peacefully despite of the chaos in the house. I guess she got the Kim’s sleeping habit. Another sleeping log in the house.

 

“It doesn’t matter. We still have to drive there and you guys haven’t even showered!” Mrs. Kim frowned. “Oh, my gosh! Where’s the graduate? Is he done preparing? Omg! Maybe Baekkie’s already at school. My poor baby is all alone while the others have their parents there! OMG!” The mother panicked and the boys, one by one walked downstairs seeing their mother talk to herself outside.

 

“Mama, come and eat breakfast first.” Wufan called her with a just woken up voice and went inside to have breakfast with their brothers.

“MY POOR BAEKKIE!” Mrs. Kim was already teary eyed and the boys sighed at their nervous mother. “Omma, Baek’s still sleeping upstairs. He won’t wake up even if I kick him.” Kyungsoo told their mother hoping that it might calm him down and it did... for a moment.

 

“Oh.” The ahjumma said and blinked at her sons who were eating breakfast. But then, she gasped and covered before frowning. “OMG! BAEKHYUN IS STILL ASLEEP! HE’S GOING TO BE LATE OMG! KIM BAEKHYUN YOU BETTER WAKE UP THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!” their mother shouted as she ran upstairs to wake up the graduate while her sons chuckled at their mom.

 

“We’ve been graduating one by one since Luhan hyung graduated and she still excited in every ceremony.” Joonmyeon chuckled and the others agreed. “I think she gets more and more excited every year though.” Minseok said and they all laughed until they heard a cute whimper.

The boys all looked at each other in silence before rushing to the living room all the way to the pink crib. “Hey! It’s my turn to feed her today!!” Jongdae whined as he can’t still run like his brothers yet. He can walk without the crutches though. The doctors were surprised at the young man’s recovery and congratulated him for his determination to be able to walk again.

For the record, Sehun won the race and picked up the princess with a smile. “Good morning princess!” he greeted and Seon Hee chuckled at him making the brothers giggle. Then, Jongdae finally reached them and took the baby from a frowning maknae.

“Good morning to the most beautiful baby in the world.” Jongdae cooed and Seon Hee gave him an expression like she was going to answer.

“Oh, god! She’s going to be the death of us.” Luhan said as he tried his best not to giggle at the sunshine in front of him. “She’s just too precious.” Tao added and handed Jongdae the warm formula for the baby.

 

The boys all watched in amazement how their little princess drank her milk forgetting all about their breakfast until they heard Baekhyun yelp and ran downstairs all the way to the dining table to eat. Then, their mom soon followed, satisfied that she have finally woke her son up.

“Oh, Seon Hee’s up.” She smiled and took the baby from Jongdae. “Go and eat. We’re going to be late guys.” She whined and the boys went back eating leaving the grandma with her granddaughter.

“Good morning princess ~” she smiled at Seon Hee and the baby hummed as she looked at her grandma’s eyes with her big ones. “Yes, good morning to us all. Right sunshine?” she talked at the child and Seon Hee hummed like she understood what her grandma was saying.

“Your daddy Baek is graduating today, Seon Hee-ya. I’m so excited!” Mrs. Kim squealed and the baby hummed again like she was agreeing. The house’s queen and princess talked as Seon Hee drank her milk and they waited for the 12 to finish preparing.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Yeoreobeun!

The final chapter will be the 60th

I just put it on hide since I need to edit and beta it first ^^/

Thank you to the Year of the Horse Review & Graphics Shop for a cute poster 

Thank you Leaderbrokenstar <3 ~ 

I'll use it well ^^/

You're all credited on the foreword sweetie Thanks again!

I'll use all the posters and distribute them to all the chapters ^^/

Love me well <3 ~