Gifted Joy

OUR BIG MAMA

“Suho sunbae-nim?” the two heard a female’s voice and turned to see Joonmyeon’s friend and co-intern, Song Hana. “Is there any problem?” she asked and Hye Min glared at the intern.

“Is she your , oppa? Is this the you’re replacing me with?” she eyed the intern from head to toe and scoffed. “She doesn’t even look that great.” She scrunched her nose and the intern blinked at the girl before looking at her sunbae for an explanation.

“I can’t believe you’re dating a like her oppa. I bet she’s not even .” Hye Min spat out and Hana just kept her eyes on her senior who was sending her apologetic looks.

 

Joonmyeon couldn’t stand Hye Min’s behavior towards his hobae and was about to tell Hye Min the truth when Hana walked towards him and wrapped her arms in his waist, leaning her forehead on her senior’s neck making the man blush. “I think you should tell her the truth, sunbae. We shouldn’t hide our relationship anymore.” Hana told and kissed his cheeks making Joonmyeon gasp in shock. What is happening here? Hana, why are you acting like this?

Feeling that her sunbae won’t be moving anytime soon, Hana took the opportunity and turned to the shocked girl. “Yes, we’re dating for a long time now. He didn’t want to tell about us until the finals are finished but since you’re already here. I think it’s too late to hide it. I’m Song Hana, a first year intern and Joonmyeon’s girlfriend. Nice to meet you Hye Min-ssi.” She smiled and hugged Joonmyeon closer, laughing inwardly because she felt the older stiffened at her hold. He’s so tense. Sorry sunbae-nim but this rude preggy won’t get away unharmed with that mouth of hers.

 

“Y-you know me?!” Hye Min asked, surprised. She had never seen this intern before and Joonmyeon never mentioned her. “Yes, I know you Hye Min-ssi.” Hana lied with a smile. No, actually I don’t. I head sunbae-nim call you earlier. “Sunbae here talked about you once and told me how annoying and childish you are.” She chuckled. “He pouted like a child whining about taking care of you and all.” She added and Hye Min frowned at Hana.

If Joonmyeon is bad at hiding his emotions and lying, Hana was kind of a good actress as she took performing arts before changing majors to medicine.

Shocked by the sudden revelation, Hye Min stepped back and glared at the ‘couple’. “ YOU ALL!” she shouted and went away, wiping her tears angrily, leaving the two in an awkward position.

 

After making sure that Hye Min was gone, Hana let go of his sunbae and immediately bowed. “Oh, my god! I’m so sorry sunbanim! I just—Oh my god! She—insulted me and then – I was like – and then I got pissed off and I didn’t—“ The intern stuttered and Joonmyeon chuckled at the girl who was bowing repeatedly with her cheeks blushing as she stuttered with her apologies and explanations. Cute.

“It’s okay, Hana.” Suho chuckled and patted his hobae’s head. “Sorry you had to walk on me in that situation.” He apologized and the girl only shook her head. “I—it’s okay, Suho sunbaenim. I just thought I should help and since I overheard a little bit and she was bothering you, I just stepped in.” she explained and Suho was kind of grateful.

“Thanks.” Suho said, blushing lightly as he remembered their little act. “No problem.” The hobae replied followed by an awkward silence.

“I-uhm…” Hana tried to break the awkward mood and chuckled at herself for failing miserably. “Lunch?” she raised a brow and Suho laughed at their situation. “Come on, my treat!” he chimed and led them both to the chicken store nearby.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Chanyeol was in class when he felt his phone vibrate. What now? He rolled his eyes knowing who the one calling was. Grunting, Chanyeol excused himself out of the class and fished his phone in his pickets.

“What?” he answered the call, not even looking at the caller I.D. He was sure the caller was the annoying –. “Chanyeol get your at the hospital right now.” Chanyeol frowned and looked at the caller ID this time. It was his Jongdae hyung’s.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, preparing mentally for what his brother was about to say. “Hye Min’s giving birth to your daughter at Joonmyeon hyung’s hospital right now!” he heard his hyung said and that was enough to send the young soon-to-be-father rushing to the hospital.

 

 

According to Jongdae, it took Chanyeol 10 minutes and 54 seconds to arrive to the hospital. Jongdae and their mother were sitting on the plastic chairs in the hallways as they waited for the delivery to finish. Joonmyeon was the one greeted Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who followed quickly upon hearing someone running in the university’s hallways.

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked panting. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sat on the floor trying to stabilize their breathing. “I’m so sorry Chanyeol.” Joonmyeon said with a guilty voice and the 8th born looked at his hyung, waiting for an explanation.

“She came to the hospital today and she insulted ommoni.” Joonmyeon explained. “So I scolded her.” He continued and Chanyeol’s brows furrowed. His hyung wouldn’t possibly hit a pregnant woman. And for that he let his brother continue.

“Hye Min didn’t listen to my scolding, but then she got really upset when I told her that I can’t return her feelings.” Joonmyeon said, getting frustrated in the way remembering what happened. “Then she insisted that I liked her and then I lied.”

“JOONMYEON HYUNG LIED?!” the explanation was cut by Baekhyun and Jongdae who were gaping at their hyung. Even their mother was shocked. Their angelic hyung who can’t even harm a dead ant lied.

 

Ignoring his brothers, Joongmyeon continued his story. “Then I said I have a girlfriend—“

“AND SHE ACTUALLY BELIEVED YOU?!” It was Kyungsoo’s turn to interrupt, looking at his hyung with wide eyes.

“No she didn’t.” Joonmyeon huffed, wanted to continue his story. “But then, a hobae of mine overheard our conversation and stepped in pretending my girlfriend. I couldn’t take back my lies and just stuck with it. I didn’t know Hye Min will be so upset and stressed to early delivery. I’m really sorry Chanyeol. I just couldn’t take it anymore.” “She was being too much and when she insulted mom in front of me, my mind just went blank and I kind of spilled the beans.” Joonmyeon apologized.

“It’s okay hyung, I’m sure you never meant for this to happen.” Chanyeol said. He kind of knew his brother would snap sooner or later. But he didn’t expected Hye Min to react like that. After all, she liked almost all of his brothers.

“I’m still sorry, Yeol. If something happens to our niece I won’t be able to take it.” Joonmyeon buried his face with his hands.

“The doctor said that it’ll be a safe delivery despite of being 2 weeks early, though.” Jongdae said with a shrug and Baekhyun frowned at the over worried 4th born. Even their mother was sitting calmly on the chairs. Yes, the nervousness was visible in her face but that was it.

“Then why the hell are so over reacting Joonmyeon hyung?” Baekhyun snapped. “Because it’s not her due date yet and we’re now here because of me.” He reasoned and Chanyeol kind of understood his hyung.

Giving his older brother a pat on the back, Chanyeol gave him a nervous smile. “I’m sure Hye Min will do just fine hyung. She even had the strength to go to the hospital alone to visit you when she’s two weeks away from her due date. I’m pretty sure she’ll hold up.” He said trying to comfort himself and his family. “Plus, the last checkup, the doctor said that the baby is really big and that early delivery might happen. So don’t worry hyung, everything will be alright.”

 

“Then why didn’t you say earlier?!” Joonmyeon frowned at his dongsaeng. “Did you know how guilt was eating your hyung alive?!” he asked and Chanyeol just shrugged. “Well, you are the reason she’s in there.” The latter said and the older pouted.

“But at least we’ll be seeing our niece sooner! I’m so excited.” Jongdae giggled and made their mother smile at the thought. “Ready to be a grandma?” Chanyeol asked their mom and Mrs. Kim snickered confidently. “I was born ready, baby.”

 

After a few more hours, just right when Minseok and Eun arrived in front to the delivery room to join the whole family, the doctor came out of the room looking for the company of Park Hye Min. There, they got informed that the child was in perfect condition and Hye Min was really tired of giving birth and passed out.

The doctor asked for the name of the child and the family looked at each other with big smiles and turned to the doctor.

 

“Seon Hee. Kim Seon Hee.” The whole family chorused that made the doctor step back before smiling at them. It’ nice to see a big family excited over a bundle of joy.

“Gifted Joy.” The doctor said the meaning behind the name. “It’s a nice name.” the doctor said and the family couldn’t agree more. “That’s what our little princess is.” Tao said as he waved the pair of shoes he has bought for their niece.

“Can we see her?!” Mrs. Kim squealed excitedly while clapping her hands. The doctor just smiled at the excited grandmother and told them that the baby will be held in the NICU for 24h just to be safe since Seon Hee was delivered earlier than the due date.

“OMG!” Mrs. Kim squealed again and turned to her son, Chanyeol, who was now crying with mixed emotions, Wufan and Joonmyeon hugging him for comfort. The mother then softened with the sight and joined the hug.

“Shhh.” She whispered and caressed her son’s back. “Thank you for giving us a blessing, Chanyeol.” She said and the family agreed, excited and ready for the new challenge life has in reserve for them.

 

But then…

“DOCTOR THE PATIENT IS UNSTABLE!!” the midwife, who busted out of the delivery room, shrieked making the doctor run back to the room and see the situation.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After many hours of waiting for Hye Min was finally sent to her room. The doctor said that Hye Min’s blood pressure had gone dangerously low and her heart beat literally skipped some beats, making her whole body weak.

They also said that she might not wake up any time soon and that her state is still unstable but not unstable enough to threaten her life. But the whole family, even though they don’t really get along with the young lady, was still worried about her. Even Luhan and Kyungsoo volunteered to keep watch of her when their mother had to go to her check up and Jongdae’s rehabilitation.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Chanyeol?” Chanyeol was still asleep when heard a familiar voice. He was the one who kept watch in the hospital and if he’s not with Hye Min, he’ll be in the NICU, watching his daughter sleep.

“Chanyeol. Wake up!” he heard the voice again and opened his eyes before turning towards the bed. And just like what he heard, Hye Min was finally awake, smiling at him brightly.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Ba-ra-ra-raaaam ~ 

Guys I just finished typing the BIG ending

OTL

I can't believe I finished my nth fanfic OTL

I'll edite them and publish once I have the time to do so, ne?

Love me well <3 ~