Kind Silence

OUR BIG MAMA

Mrs. Kim was rushing on the hallways of the school where Yixing was working at. What just happened?! She asked herself as she passed door to door, looking for the director's office. She has received a call that her son has been caught up in an accident and was now on the director's office getting treated. And from the voice of the director, it seemed like her angel like of a son was the one at fault this time. Mrs. Kim stopped in front of the door that was labeled as the director's office. She was still panting from all the running and took her time to regain her calm before knocking on the door. 

 

"Come in." One told and the ahjumma did as told. There, he saw some students, a young lady and the director of the school. "Nice to finally meet you Mrs. Kim" The middle aged woman with glasses greeted and the ahjumma greeted back before sitting beside her son who was looking down as he held the ice pack over his head.

What happened? Mrs. Kim gave everyone in the room a questioning look before starring at her Yixing who didn't dare to look at his mother. Oh-oh.

"You see, Mrs. Kim, your son has been the best and most popular teacher in this school." The director answered in place of the music teacher. "A lot of students and co- teachers admires him especially the female students..." She added and Mrs. Kim did her best to hide that smug smile of hers.  All thanks to my genes. She bragged all to herself but stopped when she heard the rest of the sentence. "…but I didn't expect him to be one of a trouble maker." Mwo?! The smile forming to the mother's face quickly disappeared. "He has been caught stalking his fellow teacher and hurt some students." She told and Hye Jung did her best to not gasp loudly before turning to her son. Really? Xing xing did that? My baby Yixing? She couldn’t believe what was the director was saying as she showed them a confused face.

 

"I'm so sorry, director. Are you sure it’s my Yixing who did that?” she asked for confirmation and to her surprise, everyone in the room, the young lady, and four students all nodded including the director.

The mother remained silent for a few seconds trying to absorb what her son’s superior just said before talking again. “I’m sorry but I think I should talk to my son about this. It’s not like him to do those things and if he did, I'm sure someone or something provoked him from doing it. Please give him a chance to explain, my son really loves his job and---" Mrs. Kim was begging when Yixing, with a red face held his mother's hands.

"Omma, it’s okay." He told shortly and turned to the director. "I'm sorry. We’ll be leaving now, Director-nim.” He bowed to the old woman and then bowed to the young lady. “Miho-ssi, I’m sorry again." He told and dragged his mom out.

Mrs. Kim let herself be dragged silently as she looked at her son worriedly. What happened, Yixing? 

 

The walk to the parking lot was silent and Mrs. Kim let herself be guided in the van not whining or talking like she does all the time. She could feel Yixing was upset about something but just remained quiet letting her son take his time to calm himself. Even thought Yixing was short in words, she knows when that son of hers are upset or bothered by something.

Yixing opened the car door for his mother and put her seatbelt for her before settling himself on the driver’s seat. And when he started the engine to drive back home, he felt light taps on his arm and turned to see his mother with a warm gentle smile that he never expected to see on her face. After all, she was just told that her son was a stalker and beat up some students. Mom. He tried to ask his mother what’s wrong but Mrs. Kim beat him to it by a chuckle.

 

“Go on a date with mama, ne?” she told with a cheerful voice without a single hint of anger in it.

 

The  5th born, speechless on his mother’s reaction, just sat there looking at her with a confused face. “Puewwweeeeeesseeee ~ ” the ahjumma pleaded with aegyo, her hands claps together matching it with giving her her pleading round eyes no one could resist. “It’s too early to go home and there’s nothing to do there. ”The maknaes won’t be home until 6, Junmyeonnie won’t come back until tomorrow because of that volunteer thingy and the others won’t be back until 9.” She pouted and sighed remembering that one of her sons won’t go home for the night.

 

Junmyeon, who’s in his on job training days, had to go for a one night and two days trip to Japan. Mrs. Kim sent her son crying on the airport, as always, not caring about Junmyeon’s classmates and teacher watching her cling on her son while saying 982374646217873 motherly reminders. Junmyeon didn’t mind about his mother’s fuss though. It could be worse. He thought remembering on how she fainted while crying when they sent Tao off to go visit his father’s grandparents in China for a week.

 

Not wanting his mother to be reminded of Junmyeon’s two days outing, Yixing, despite of his black eye, gave up on his mother’s request. And with that, their mid day date began.

 

Through the date, the mother did her best to cheer her son up. She didn't force him to tell what happened knowing that he will tell her when he's ready to do so.

 

 

"Wuah, this cake is good!" Hye Jung beamed. "Do you think I'll get diabetes if I eat one piece of these once a day? I could eat these forever." She told as she toold a spoonfull of the lemon cheese cake Yixing bought her. Yixing smiled seeing his mom happily eat making his dimple show. Some girls who was sitting near them squealed at the sight and just kept their eyes on the teacher but the Kim's are all used to those squealing following them so Yixing and his mother just ignored them.

"Try it. It's really good." Mrs. Kim fed her son a piece of cake and Yixing gladly accepted it making the young girls glare at the ahjumma whispering things like 'Isn't she too old for him?' 'That lucky ahjumma' 'I bet he's just dating her for money.' and more but the two seemed to not hear it.

 "How is it?" She asked waiting for her son to finish chewing. "It's good." He told and the ahjumma clapped her hands in delight. "I know right. I'm telling Kyunggie to make some of these; Benben and Chanyeol would love this." She told and Yixing reached for a table napkin before wiping the icing on the corner of the ahjumma's lips. "Thanks baby xing." She told with a smile and Yixing blushed at his mother's pet name for him but let her call him that anyway. If it was Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Minseok, Luhan or Kyungsoo, they might’ve been whining already as they don’t like how their mother still calls them baby when they’re already taller than her.

 

"Are you done eating?" He asked and the ahjumma shooke her head no happily, flowers and rainbows almost visible behind her happy aura. "I'll take you shopping then." He told and carried his mother's bag for her. "Yay!" The ahjumma cheered like a kid. "Yixing jjang!!” she cooed and her son just chuckled. Good, he’s smiling again. She thought and ate the rest of the treat happily.

 

After finishing her treat, Mrs. Kim went back to the counter with her son."Let’s buy some more cakes before we go. I bet your brothers will like it." She told and Yixing nodded. Mrs. Kim intertwined her arm to her son's as they make their way to the counter to take out. The two of them could hear and feel the girl's burning passion of jealousy as they made their way and they could only just smile at the girl's assuming minds.

"Here's your take out sir." The girl at the counter said with the sweetest tone and handed the box of cake to Yixing, making sure to brush hands with the guy. "Thank you." Mrs. Kim chimed and the girl just forced a smile making the ahjumma chuckle. "Aigoo, these youngsters! I'm his mother, so don't worry." She told unnecessarily loud for all Yixing's instant fangirls to hear. Yixing just smiled bowed and took the box. "And he's single by the way!" the mother added and the whole cafe boomed in squeals even those girl's who were with their dates. 

 

Yixing burried his flushed face with his palm before calling his mother's attention. "Omma, let's go." He told and the ahjumma just chuckled before taking his son's arm once again. "KAJA!!" She cheered and the two of them exited the cafe. 

'I knew she was his mother all along.' They heard one said. 'I admire their genes.' 'She looks so young.' They heard and the mother and son just chuckled. "Hear that Xingxing, mommy looks young." She bragged and Yixing just laughed. "Arrayo omma, you're beautiful, I know." He said spoiling his mother way too much. But that's how Yixing is, a kindest of the brothers especially to their mother. Anything for mom.

"Did I ever say you're the best son ever?" The mother said to her son and Yixing nodded with a smile. "Then I'll say it again then." She told swinging her son's arm. "Our Yixing is the best." She told with a smile and her son just blushed. Typical Yixing.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After going shopping, the two decided to walk home quietly. Yixing was carrying 8 to 15 shopping bags all bought for his mother while Mrs. Kim held the box with the cake in it and her other arm wrapped on his son's arm. The sun was setting and they were peacefully walking near their neighborhood. 

Mrs. Kim didn't ask her son about her son's work incident all day and was not planning to as she was prepared to wait for him to tell it by his own will. She trusts her son and knows that Yixing won't do anything rash like that without any reasons. She was worried, but she will wait.

 

"Mama." Yixing called her attention as they walk. "Yes, sweetie?" She asked.

"I'm sorry." He said.

She was going to ask why but knowing how this son of hers and his lack of words, she just silently waited for him to continue. "I heard the students talking about waiting for Miho after school." He continued hoping his mother understood his explanation and she did, assuming the 'she' is the co-teacher that her son was supposed to be 'stalking' and the students he beat up the ones inside the office too. "I got worried and decided to send her home every night." He added.

As expected to her kind son. And how did it ended up in stalking? She was sure that Yixing didn't told the co-teacher about the students and just followed her every night secretly to make sure she gets home safely and the girl mistook it as stalking.

 

Well, Yixing is timid enough to be mistaken as one. The mother thought and laughed inwardly. And she was sure that when the students made their attempt on harming the teacher, her son stepped up for her, making her proud for her son's courage and kindness towards others.

"There's nothing to feel sorry about, my son." She told with a smile and gave her son's hand a light squeeze. "You just wanted to protect Miho, right?" She asked and Yixing smiled, relieved that his mother understood him just like he expects her to be. 

It's okay for others to misunderstand, but not mom. He thought. "Thanks mom, I'll fix everything. Don't worry anymore, okay?" He told and the mother just nodded with a smile on her face as they walk.

"Anything for the kindest son in the world." She beamed. "Just don't forget that no matter how old you become, you're still my son and relying on me will never be wrong and tiring." She told looking straight on the road, despite of feeling her son's stares at her. "I am your mother and I’m lucky to have you as a son. It makes me happy when you're happy, especially if I'm part of the reason why." She added with a chuckle. "So don't carry everything all by yourself, share to mama a part of it if you want to." 

 

My forever dramatic mama. Yixing chuckled at his mother's words thanked his mom for the nth time that day. You’re wrong, mama. WE are the ones who are lucky to have a wonderful mom like you. He thought as he watched his mother walk beside him happily. And we’ll be happy, if you’re happy. He took the box of cake with his occupied hand and somehow carried all the things by himself, surprising Mrs. Kim.

“Hey, let me carry some.” She told in a whining tone. “Anni. The queen should never carry stuffs.” Her son told walking, leaving her behind making her see his son’s back view.

Aigoo, even my Xing xing is becoming a man. They grow up so fast. She sighed heavenly and ran to catch up to his son. “Yah ~ wait for me.” And with that, they went home with smiles on their faces.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After that day, Yixing went to the school he was working like nothing happened. He planned on apologizing to the students, co-teachers and to Miho about what happened yesterday even though all he wanted was to protect his co-teacher crush.

The typical thing to do was to appeal and say about what really happened, but not wanting any trouble for his mother and to Miho, he just decided to keep quiet about it.

 

Talking is not my specialty anyway. But that doesn't mean he'll stop 'accompanying' the science teacher home. I'll just have to be more careful next time. He knocked on the director's office before coming in. Just say sorry, Yixing. You can do it. He cheered himself up. And don’t let yourself stare at Miho creepily. He reminded himself.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

"Omma, Yixing won't like it if he catches you like this." Benben scolded his mother in a whisper as they both of them hid behind the window on the hallway in front of the director’s office where Yixing entered. "Let's just go home, ne?" He tried to convince but his mother wasn't even paying attention as she went in through the window and quietly ‘spy like’ ran in front of the director's office’s door and tried to hear the conversation taking place inside.

She’s not even listening to me. The model palmed face himself as he followed, luckily, the students were already in their classes or they might've cause a crowd of students fangirling on him. How did we end up in here again? He asked, trying to remember on why he was in a high school with his mother trying to spy on Yixing.