December 23: Omma Fighting!

OUR BIG MAMA

Hye Jung lay on the bed weakly as she stared at the empty white ceiling thinking about her sons. Did Junmyeon rook his medicine on time? I hope Jongin don’t lock himself in his room. I think I forgot to tell Benben not to buy junk food for Christmas. Did I put Jongdae’s vitamins on the shopping list? Have they eaten dinner yet? I hope Tao stopped crying already. Baekhyun—

“Omma.” She heard a familiar voice that stopped her thoughts before she closed her eyes. I think the pills unnie gave me are making me hallucinate. She told herself.

“Mama.” This time, she heard Yixing’s voice making her sigh before letting out a shaking breath.

“I miss my babies too much that I’m hearing their voices in my mind.” She told herself and began sobbing quietly breaking her sons’ heart who were crowding at the door.

“Ommoni.” This time Minseok called and the mother, even though she knew she won’t be able to see her sons, turned around only to let out a gasp. “The pills are really daebakk. I can even see them now.” She told herself before wiping her teary eyes.

 

“Mom. We’re here. You’re not hallucinating.” Joonmyeon went beside her and took his mother’s hand and placed it to his face. “See? I’m real.” He told as the mother looked at her son with wide eyes while the others surrounded her bed.

“A-are you… are y-you really real?” she asked, tears started flowing out from her eyes again before looking at the others. “My babies are all here?” she asked sobbing and Joonmyeon nodded trying to contain his tears.

 

“MAMAAAAAA!” Tao couldn’t take it anymore and dove to his mother’s bed hugging her tightly as he cried. “MAMA!” he cried and the others went for a group hug careful enough not to crush their mother.

“We’re sorry we didn’t pay attention to you.” Minseok told. “We never knew you were suffering like this.” The first born said his tears finally showing up.

“Ani. Ani!” Mrs. Kim pulled her son in to a hug. “It’s not your fault. It’s mama’s. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” She sobbed holding unto her son for her dear life. “I must’ve worried you.” She told followed by another set of apology.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After a good 3 hours of apologizing, hugging, kissing, telling their mom what they did when their mother was gone, with Kyungsoo telling on how their Benben hyung babied Tao, Sehun and Kai by buying all the junk food they want, Chanyeol connecting the Christmas lights on the TV, Luhan hitting everyone who makes a noise early in the morning, Junmyeon forgetting to take his medicine, Jongdae didn’t brushed his teeth and Yixing skipping a meal once. Mrs. Kim realized that she couldn’t leave her sons yet, especially when she saw how most of them got thin with just days being apart from her. Plus, she herself won’t last long without her sons beside her and everyone was a witness of it.

Mrs. Kim found herself smiling as she watched her sons scattered on her hospital room happily telling her their petite adventures while she was gone and chuckled once in a while whenever one of them started telling on someone and the person charged started telling on the other to get away with what he has done. I have to live. I can’t join my husbands yet. She told herself as she listened and laughed with her sons.

 

“I swear omma! I’m not the only one who forgot to brush my teeth. Sehunnie and Tao forgot too.” Jongdae told holding his mother’s hand with one hand while the other was point at the two maknaes who gasped at their hyung.

“I DID NOT FORGET! I DID BRUSH MY TEETH! BENBEN HYUNG SAW ME!” Tao told with a childish frown while Sehun also frowned but didn’t dare lie because he indeed forgot to brush his teeth once. But that was because he fell asleep crying, missing his omma. “TELL HIM GEGE!” Tao turned to the ‘witness’ hyung and Wufan just blinked at him before looking at their mother who was waiting for his confirmation.

“Well, he did enter the bathroom.” The tallest of the 12 told unsure of his answer. “But that doesn’t mean he brushed his teeth ~” Baekhyun sing-songed teasingly making Tao frown even more.

“BUT I DID! I DID BRUSH MY TEETH!” the younger insisted, his face all red because of furry. He then turned to their mother and his lip trembled seeing his mother already looking at him with a smile, not even a little hint of anger can be seen. “MAMA!” he cried and climbed their mom’s bed burying his face on her tummy. “I did my my teeeeeeeth!” he said his voice coming out muffled. “The hyungs are just teasing meeee! Mamaaaaaa!” the panda maknae cried. Jongdae and Baekhyun high fived each other for succeeding on teasing their little brother while Kris sighed in regret. He could’ve just said yes.

“Yah. Look at what you’ve done.” Kyungsoo scolded his hyungs before hitting them on their arms.

“Owie!” Baekhyun pouted as he caressed his arm that was hit. “I was just joking.” He told before looking at his crying brother. “Yah panda ~ Hyung was just joking. Saranghae.” He said with aegyo, trying to stop Tao from crying.

Tao then turned his head and glared at his hyung. “No. I hate you.” He said and stuck his tongue out before burying his face on their mom’s stomach again making Baekhyun scoff pointing at his dongsaeng.

“Oh!” he scoffed standing up from his seat that was immediately sat on by Joonmyeon. He then turned to their mom with a shocked expression and reached for his chest. “Omma! Did you see that?!” he told. “Tao just said he hates me!” he told with a frown and expected their mom to scold the panda.

The mother then chuckled and patted the young panda that was glued on her. “Tao. That’s not nice. Baekhyun is your hyung, honey.” She told lovingly and slowly Tao looked up to her with a pout. “But they were teasing me.” He told and the mother gave him a gentle scolding look making him sigh. “Fine.” The 3rd youngest told and turned to his still over reacting hyung. “I love hyung too.” He told and Baekhyun stopped gaping to think.

“Alright you’re forgiven.” He told nonchalantly before walking towards their mom’s bed. “But it’s my turn to hug omma.” He said and pulled Tao away and lay on the bed next to their mother’s legs, resting his head on Jongin’s who was sleeping.

 

The 2nd youngest, after crying and apologizing to his mom, had his fever return and insisted on sleeping with their mother. And ever since he hugged his mom earlier, he never let go of her with his arms wrapped on their mom’s waist. They amazing part was, he can still sleep soundly with all the shouting and with that uncomfortable position. But then again, for the 11th born, sleeping beside his mother is the most comfortable place ever and he really regretted declining his mother’s hug at the airport when she ‘went’ to Maldives.

 

“Mom.” Minseok opened the door and entered with Dr. Jirin and her twin. The boys greeted the doctors politely earning them smiles from the twin doctors before they went to talk to their mother.

“How are you?” Dr. Jirin asked. “Sorry about telling them. I just thought you’d die any second if you didn’t see them.” She told and Mrs. Kim knew it was true. She would’ve died from sadness if she didn’t see her sons.

“It’s okay. Sorry for the burden unnie.” Hye Jung told and the twins rolled their eyes.

“Pabo.” The twins mumbled. “You’re not a burden.” Harin told. “You’re like our triplet.” Jirin continued. “So you’re never a burden.” They both chorused scolding the younger while the 12 were forever amazed at the twin doctors for their connection and how they’d say the same thing at the same time.

“Daebakk.” Kyungsoo mumbled and the others agreed as they watched the twin doctor talk to their mother with their brother, Jongin, still sleeping soundly.

 

The three ahjummas were talking when Jirin saw Jongin sleeping with his arms and legs wrapped on to his mother. “Yah. How old is your youngest again?” she asked and Mrs. Kim answered with “15”

“And they still cling like that when they’re sick?” Harin asked this time and Hye Jung cutely nodded and brushed her sleeping son’s hair. “He’s just sick and missed me.” The mother told. “You both know that my babies all sleep with me in one room all their lives. And my maknaes can’t sleep without me.” She told proudly and the boys groaned in embarrassment. It was the truth though.

 

“But I hope they could sleep without you for three days.” Harin then told with a serious tone and everyone turned silent. “The test came out and it said that you are ready for the operation and the follow up therapy.” Jirin added. “And also, we should do it soon so you could wake up just in time to celebrate Christmas with your kids.”

“We can’t guarantee that though.” Harin told. “But if everything goes well, you might wake up just in time.” She added trying to lighten up the mood but Hye Jung was already pouting.

“But I want to celebrate Christmas with my sons.” She told. “Can’t we do it after Christmas?”

“Have you forgotten why you did the ‘Maldives’ thing?” Jirin shot back before turning to the boys. “It’s because we have to do it as soon as possible because you might go to stage two anytime.”

“And if that happens, it’ll be a long time and more difficult for you to recover. The risk of it getting worse will be high.” Harin continued.

Hye Jung then pouted and looked at her sons with sad eyes then at her sleeping child. She still remembers on how excited her sons were decorating the whole house and planning their winter snowball championship and all with Luhan and Minseok buying real trophies for the winner. But all that will be gone to waste now.

 

“Do it mom.” A sleepy voice interrupted Mrs. Kim’s thoughts. It was Jongin. “Do the operation. Then wake up to celebrate Christmas with us.” He told wearing a weak encouraging smile.

“Jonginnie.” Hye Jung called her son’s name, guilt eating her heart.

“Kkamjjong is right mama.” Minseok told. “The operation is more important.” He added and the others agreed.

“Just be healthy again mama.” Tao added. “I don’t want to see you sick.” He said his eyes already watering.

“And if you’re worried about the snowball championship, the snow won’t disappear until February so we can always do it later.” Chanyeol added with his toothy smile. “Please get well omma ~” he added with his deep sweet voice.

“You don’t have to wake up soon too, omma.” Sehun added. “Just sleep as much as you want and wake up whenever you like. Don’t worry about missing Christmas. Not celebrating one Christmas with you is better than celebrating it last with you.” He told with a forced smile. “Saranghae omma ~” he added his killer aegyo and Luhan patted his younger brother’s hair before turning to his mom. “Sehunnie’s right mama. Get better and if you really behave well, maybe we could still go to that Maldives vacation after out championship.” The 2nd eldest told.

“Mama, please do it.” Even Yixing chose to spoke this time. “We’ll be here waiting for you to wake up.” Wufan added with a smile.

“I’ll behave well while you’re asleep, omma. Promise.” Jongdae said and the 11 agreed.

“I’ll make sure they do their chores and brush their teeth.” Kyungsoo told. “And if Benben hyung buys another junk food, I’ll lock him I the closet.” The 4th youngest added and Kris gulped nervously.

Kyungsoo might be one of the youngest and short in height. But he knows a lot of wrestling moved and pressure points that’ll make what the latter just said possible.

“We’ll be okay mom.” Joonmyeon assured their mother. “I may be sickly and frail. But I’m a doctor on training and I can always take care of everyone’s health and mine too.” He told.

“I’ll make sure everyone goes to bed in time, takes their baths, eat the medicine, eat on time, park the cars well and do everything well, omma.” Baekhyun told. “If they don’t do it, I’ll hide their shoes and burry it in the snow.” He told proudly earning looks from his brothers. “Or… I could just paint their shoes pink.” He mumbled and the brothers gulped. They know Baekhyun will really do it since he loves painting things pink.

 

“Satisfied?” Jirin asked with her arms crossed, a smile on her face. “They’re not kids anymore Hye Jung-ah. I’m sure they can handle a day or two with you asleep.” She assured.

“Unnie, did you forget on how Channie almost set the house on fire when I went to one of your pajama parties 3 years ago?” Mrs. Kim asked. “And the time when Jongdae almost ate a soap thinking it was chocolate?” she added. “And then there’s—“ “Alright! Fine! I get it. I’ll let my husband stay with them while you’re gone.” Jirinn cut her out. “He’ll arrive together with the kids later tonight. Since I’ll be here for your observation, I’ll let those three stay with your kids. Satisfied?” she asked and the ahjumma thought about it for a second before sighing.

“Fine.” She told and everyone sighed in relief. “But no late night working. Luhan, Yixing.” She added and the said boys nodded.

“Not going to work on holidays anyways.” *nods*

“No buying junk foods, Wufan.”

“Well, hello vegetables!!”

“No extra shifts, Minseok.”

“I work?”

“Joonmyeon and take your medicines on time.”  

“Setting the alarm ~”

“No late night computer games, Chanyeol.”  

“What is computer?”

“Jongin, wear clothes when you sleep.”

“Kyungsoo hyung, give me the thickest sweater we have.”

“Kyungsoo, no cooking when there’s a lot of food in the fridge.”

“Absolutely!”

“No pranking the neighbors, Jongdae.”

“From now onwards, Kim Jongdae is an angel.”

“Sehunnie, be at home before 6pm.”

“Not going out of the house. EVER!”

“No Karate inside the house, ZiTao.”

“I do wushu mom.”

“No kicking, boxing or any violence inside the house.”

“Hao! Hao!”

“Baekkie, no light dance party.”

“neeommoniIpromisecrossmyheartevenifIdie.”

 

“You done, Hye Jung-ah?” Harin asked.

“Yeah.”

“Then prepare, we’re going in in three hours.” Jirin told and Mrs. Kim sighed before looking at her sons who were smiling at her for encouragement.

“OMMA HWAITING!” they chorused.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Yeoreobeun!

Finally! I updated!

I'm planning on finishing the Xmas special tonight

k k k k k

here's a vid I made for this story

sorry for the bad edit.

I'm new to this

Belated happy new year and merry Christmas

to all

Love me well <3 ~