Grandparents

OUR BIG MAMA

“Yah! Kim Jongdae! Kim Sehun! Kim Baekhyun! You all better get down this instant or we’re leaving you!” Luhan shouted as he waited for his brothers to go down. The family is going to their grandparent’s, Mrs. Kim’s parents, place to celebrate the new years there.

 

After Sehun wished their mother a merry Christmas, Mrs. Kim fell asleep because of the fatigue. Of course the twelve panicked when their mom just fainted like that but the twin doctors assured them that their mother’s okay and that she only fell asleep.

Mrs. Kim had three days of recovery and a session of therapy in the hospital while her boys took turns in looking after her. They also did their Christmas party in the hospital with the patients beside their mother’s room who was very fond of the Kim family, especially the anemic girl in the room that was in front of Mrs. Kim’s.

The snowball championship was cancelled though since the twelve wouldn’t let their mother step outside her room in those three days but they did another game they called ‘rock paper and scissors feet version’ that made the whole hospital laughing as they watched the boys play with their foot fingers.

 

Then, at the third day, Mrs. Kim insisted on going home. She couldn’t stay in the hospital anymore and she was bored. Even though her sons were with her, she missed the house and taking care of the twelve. And when she heard about Kungkung, it was impossible to keep the ahjumma confined anymore.

At first, the twelve, especially Luhan and Jongin, were really against their mom’s request. The twin doctors also thought that staying longer for observation will be better but Mrs. Kim pleaded and pleaded. But even if Mrs. Kim always wins with her pouts and pleading, she lost this time and ended up staying for another day.

The boys and the doctors though promised her that she could go out on the fourth day and spend the New Year outside the hospital. But she would come back again to continue her chemo therapy.

 

 

Luhan huffed when no one responded to his calls and glare towards upstairs. “We’re leaving!” he shouted and was about to shut the door when Chanyeol ran passed him to the bathroom in a hurry shouting “Gotta pee! Gotta pee! Gotta pee!”

I hate them so much! Luhan cursed in annoyance. It has been an hour since they decided to leave the house but they couldn’t go because if someone’s not forgetting anything in the house, one has to do his business or had to do something. The others though, except Baekhyun, Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongdae, were in the car already waiting for the ones still in the house.

Luhan had to wait for his brothers to come out and triple lock the house but he couldn’t do so because when the others are already boarding the car, Sehun was still in the shower while Baekhyun was still ‘packing’ his clothes while Jongdae was being Jongdae and had to do his hair in the perfect way possible.

 

After another half an hour, the four finally finished their business in the house and went to the car, running so their Luhan hyung won’t reach them for a spank.

 

FINALLY! IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME! Huffing, Luhan finally locked their house and went to the garage where the van was parked. He was about to get in to the car when he noticed a strange man hiding, observing them from a far.

What the hell? Luhan tried to see who it was but the man hid himself and went away. Thinking it was just another of their fans, or their mother’s, the 3rd son paid no attention to it and get in to the car. I don’t think they’ll dare mess with our house with all the traps Jongdae set and the police alarm I installed.

 

“Everything’s set?” Mrs. Kim asked her son and Luhan nodded. “Finally.” He said and the mother just chuckled before smiling at her Minseok who was sitting beside Yixing in the front seat.

“LET’S GO!!” the mother cheered and the sons followed it with an enthusiastic “KAJA!”

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After a long trip, the Kims finally reached the province of Kangwon-Do. The boys and the mother were all excited and played at the first hour of the trip but fell asleep during the other half. Minseok and Yixing though stayed awake until they reached their location.

 

“FINALLY!” Mrs. Kim cheered as she exited the van stretching her limbs. His sons followed her out and soon, they were greeted a familiar ahjumma.

 

“AHJUMMA!” Tao hollered as soon as he saw the one opening the gates. The ahjumma gave the boy a welcoming smile before bowing. “Welcome home, Tao.” she said and greeted the others who went to greet her as well.

“Ahjumma, I missed you!” Mrs. Kim gave the ahjumma a big hug making her chuckle. “I miss you too, little Hye Jung.” The ahjumma responded and Mrs. Kim pouted. “Ahjumma, I’m already in my 40s and you still call me little? I’m a mother of twelve sons you know.” She told but the elder just laughed.

 

Narang ahjumoni is the Kim’s loyal house keeper. She took care of Hye Jung when she was little and watched the mother grow. She saw how Hye Jung become a beautiful lady and was successful until the lady got pregnant with her first son and got disowned by her father.

She was heartbroken when she saw the girl she raised got kicked out of the house back then. But when Minseok was born, Hye Jung’s parents couldn’t stay mad at their daughter anymore, especially when they saw their first grandchild.

 

“Your parents are waiting for you since this morning.” The ahjumma told and the boys got excited upon hearing about their grandparents. “Please come in.” the ahjumma told and the boys raced their way to the old traditional house.

Kyungsoo, Joonmyeon and Wufan went with their mother and ahjumma while Luhan and Minseok, took in their things and make sure the van was well parked before coming in as well.

 

When Mrs. Kim went in to their house, half of her sons were already scattered at the living room with big smiles, each one had their gifts from their grandparents. Yixing was still in his grandmother’s arms telling the grandma how he missed them so much while the others were busy with their gifts.

Among the twelve, Yixing is the closest to their grandparents. The 5th born loved the peaceful lifestyle in the province, the stories his grandfather tells them before bed, Narang ahjumma’s cooking, and, of course, their cool grandma. He just loved his grandparents and the elders adored their grandchildren.

 

The old Mr. Kim smiled at the sight of her daughter. “Took you long enough to visit.” The grandpa playfully scolded and Hye Jung smiled shyly as she walked towards her father for a hug. “I missed you dad.” She told and enjoyed the warm hug of his sweet dad.

“YAH! What about me?” Hye Jung turned to see her mother pouting with Yixing was still back hugging her.

Hye Jung frowned at her mother’s behavior. “Stop doing that.” The grandma though tilted her head to the side looking all confused. “Do what?” she asked and Hye Jung couldn’t with her mom. “Act like your age mom!” she scolded and the grandma pouted.

“Not my style.” The old woman said and crossed her arms, tapping her feet on the floor. “Anyways, Hye Junggie. Where’s your mother’s hug?” the grandma asked and Hye Jung smiled. “Come here you.” The grandma spread her arms and welcomed her daughter.

“I missed you.” Hye Jung hugged her mother tightly. Hye Jung is a mother already, but no one is too old for their mother’s love, right?

“Aigoo! This kid, not visiting us often and getting sick.” the mother scolded her daughter with a spank in the . After hugging for like five minutes, the two broke the hug and asked how each other have been.

 

Then, Narang ahjumma called them for lunch and the big family gathered at the dining room. The whole family ate happily and paised the old ahjumma’s cooking. The boys told their grandparent’s stories about what happened to them in the city and laughing at the jokes and teasing the boys did.

They were busy eating when the old Mrs. Kim remembered something. She turned to her husband and asked “Yeobo, isn’t there a contest for the upcoming fiesta?” Mr. Kim looked at her wife and thought for a second before giving a reply. “You mean the village’s family talent contest for the New Year fiesta?” he asked and the wife nodded before turning to her grandsons.

“You see there’s going to be a New Year celebration on the 1st of January and there will be a contest. The families living in this village will do some talent contest and all that. I heard the award this year is good too, how about joining?” the grandma enthusiastically asked and the boys though for it for a second before turning to their mom with worried eyes.

They don’t want her to get tired because she’s still recovering but all those worried faces became a frown when they saw their mother’s reaction.

“YOU BET WE’RE JOINING MOM!” Hye Jung shouted and high-fived her mom who was giggling in excitement. She and her mother don’t really act like mother and daughter. They’re more like best friends.

 

The boys and their grandfather watched the two squeal and giggle excitedly about the contest. They were already planning what they’ll do and the boys could only shake their heads at the Mrs. Kims. Like mother, like daughter.

 

“But Hye Junggie, are you sure it’s alright for you to join a contest?” Grandpa Kim finally asked and the twelve were thankful for their grandfather. “It can be tiring and your just went through a surgery. I don’t think it’s wise to move a lot for now.” He explained and Hye Jung turned to her dad.

“I think I’ll be fine dad, mom and I can just sing or something.” She said. “We already decided on dancing though.” Hye Jung whispered but then turned to her mom. “How about doing trot, mom?” she asked and the mother frowned at her daughter’s taste.

“That’s for old people.” Mrs. Kim scolded her daughter. “I was thinking of doing those youngsters dances I saw on TV last night, I think it was Shistor or something like that. But since you’re still sick, we can do IU.” She added and the males in the house were just speechless at the old woman’s words.

“Grandma didn’t just say IU, right?” Joonmyeon nudged Benben who was still in shock. You’re just hallucinating Kim Joonmyeon. You’re just hungr—.

“AIBEE! IVY! IVY!” the grandma hit the table excitedly. “Or Shistor” she said and the boys almost lost their minds. The twelve knew their grandma is a cool person, but dancing to Sistar?

 

“Mom, since when do you watch k-pop?” Hye Jung asked her mom with a poker face. “And it’s Sistar not Shistor.” She corrected. Sehunnie is a big fan of the girl group and always talk about it whenever a CF with the girls in airs.

But really, her mom never fails to surprise her.

 

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes at her daughter. “Oh god, Hye Jung. I’ve known it since H.O.T’s ‘high five of teenagers’.” She told and Hye Jung’s jaw dropped, some of the 12 too while Mr. Kim just sighed. Don’t start this Hye Jung-ah. Please.

Mrs. Kim saw her daughter’s reaction and raised a brow. “Are you sure you want to hear the whole story?” she asked with a smirk. This is going to be a loooooooong story. Even the old lady knew it.

“No, please.” Mr. Kim prayed in a whisper. Not again. He knew this is going to be a long story and no one could leave the table once it starts.

 

Hye Jung looked at his mother before sighing. “No it’s fine.” The daughter said and Mr. Kim thanked the heavens for that. “But about k-pop…” Hye Jung said and rested his chin on her palms before grinning widely.

It was the 12’s turn to look at their mother in horror as they were about to face their worst nightmare. Maldo andwe!  “…do you know the band Big Bang?!” she asked excitedly and Mrs. Kim let out a fangirl squeal.

“OMMO! Kim Hye Jung! You really are my daughter!” the grandmother cheered along with her daughter. “My bias is TOP!” the grandma declared and Hye Jung gasped with a judging expression before crossing her arms.

 

 

 

“FINE! But GD’s mine!” the mother said and the children and the grandpa could only sigh. It has started.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

I PASSED ALL OF MY SUBJECTS YEOREOBEUN!!!

And I'm sharing my happiness with you

With this update ~

Love me well <3 ~