사랑해, 내 동생 (I love you, my little brother)

OUR BIG MAMA

“Yah! KIM HYE JUNG! GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE, YOU !” the man hollered and Mrs. Kim had to hold back her two sons from charging the ahjussi.

 

“Just stay here you two.” She told Minseok and Wufan who was confusedly looking at their drunken ex-step-father. “He won’t hurt me.” She assured but the two stayed alert in case their ex-step-father do something wrong. The kids were confused since he was a good dad to all of them until Mrs. Kim got pregnant. They didn’t know why he suddenly changed and left as their mother never told them the reasons and just cried when the man left.

 

“Yah, Cheondo! What are you doing here?” Mrs. Kim hissed. “Stop this and go away!” she told but the ahjussi just glared at her. “YOU!” he pointed at her with a voice full of hatred. “You !” he cursed and Mrs. Kim just let him be, sending her sons a warning look not to interfere once in a while. “You ruined our family!” he told his voice starting to tremble. “I accepted you and your children. I loved you!” he said with teary eyes. “But you chose that boy instead of me. Instead of our family!” he said and Mrs. Kim stiffened at his words.

“I told you I’d accept you if you get rid of that ’s son.” He kneeled down crying, unaware of the children’s reactions. “But you chose that demon and left me.”

 

“Cheondo-ya. Stop this.” Mrs. Kim said nervously as she tried to help the man up to his feet and turned to see all her sons peeking at the door. Even Sehun was there, carried by Luhan, most of them were looking at their step-dad with shocked eyes except Chanyeol and the younger ones.

Chanyeol didn’t remember anything about his father because he was just two when he left them.

 

“Gege, who’th that ahjuthi? Why ith he cwaying?” they heard Sehun ask Luhan and the older brother just hugged his little brother so he won’t see any further. “Shh. Ahjussi is just sad.” Luhan told and handed the five year-old for Yixing to carry.

 

 

“NO!” the man slapped away his ex-wife’s hands. “You abandoned me! You love that demon more than me and your sons!” he told and turned to see his son, Chanyeol, looking at him. And beside his son stood a little boy with wide eyes looking at him that made his blood boil. He furiously turned his attention to the ahjumma and glared. “Is that the little demon you chose instead of me?!” he asked pointing at the startled Kyungsoo. “Is that the reason why you abandoned me? That made you think that your sons and my Chanyeol are better off without a father?” “THAT ’S SO—“ SLAP

 

Everyone fell silent as they looked at the drunken man on the ground holding his burning cheek, instantly sober up by the slap he received from his ex-wife who was now giving her the coldest eyes ever. The kids were startled and even the hyungs were, especially Kyungsoo. He didn’t know the man and why he was so angry at him, but the boy sure understood that the ahjussi was somewhat blaming him for what was happening to him and to their family.

A 's son. The kid’s mind repeated the man’s harsh words.

 

“Listen here, Park Cheondo.” The woman told with low and the coldest voice ever heard. “Firstly, no one abandoned you.” “You left us a week after I told you the truth and took all the money I saved up for my son's school uniform.” “Secondly, you know what happened to me and I never wanted that to happen. What? You think I’d like to get in the middle of the night?”

“And thirdly, my son is not to blame for what happened to you nor to us. You left on your own when I told you I will keep him. He may be a son of a stranger, but he’ll never be like his father. He’s just an innocent loving good boy and I love him as much as his other brothers.” She told with a shaking voice while the man was still gaping at him.

“And how dare you, the man who abandoned his family with his wife’s money, come back here and cause a ruckus like this blaming us because of your sad life?” “You don’t have the right to show yourself in front of us like this when you are the one who abandoned me and my sons alone.”

You were the one who left us, but did you even hear anything from me? Did I ask anything for our child’s support? I didn’t! So you better get your away from us and never show yourself, you piece of failure.” She told and walked away from the man to see if her sons were okay. She heard some sniffles and the mother was sure that some of her sons were already crying. But the man was fast and took hold of the ahjumma’s ankle making her gasp and struggle out of the hurtful bind. “Let me go you—“

 

“I hate you!” the man told and the ahjumma remained unaffected by it. “I don’t care.” She shot back making the man curse and pull harshly making Mrs. Kim fall on the ground.

“You bit—“ the man was about to hit the ahjumma when Mr. Park’s feet was suddenly pulled and dragged away.

The man cursed and looked up to see his ex-step son, Luhan harshly pulling his feet with red angry face. “Let go of me you son of a b—“ he was about to curse but Luhan twisted the ahjussi’s foot making him yelp in pain and when the man tried to kick Luhan with his other foot, he was knocked out by a quick and painful hit on the stomach. It was the 7 year old Tao who used his new wushu moves he learned this past two years.

 

Even though the kid knocked a full grown up man, the kid shook in terror and cried, startled at what he had done. For the kid, everything happened so fast that when he saw his Lulu hyung let go of his little brother Sehun, he let go of his Joonmyeon hyung’s hand and ran after his older hyung and when he saw the ahjussi was about to kick his hyung, he ran as fast as he could and kicked the man’s rib that he was sure he broke when the ahjussi stopped moving.

“Ommaaaaaa!!” Tao cried, frozen on his spot and Mrs. Kim immediately carried her son and hugged him. Wufan called the police while Minseok went to make sure their mother and little brother were fine.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

After the ruckus with the police, cleaning and repairing the broken window, Mrs. Kim and her twelve sons have finally got themselves alone in their house again. Tao fell asleep crying beside Jongin who also cried seeing his Tao hyung cry and was taken upstairs to their mother’s bed to sleep comfortably while the others sat around the dining table quietly, still shocked of what just happened. Baby Sehunnie was still awake sitting on his Jongdae hyung’s lap confusedly watching his brothers and mother’s every move with his innocent eyes.

 

“Minseokkie, could you make Sehunnie’s formula for me please.” Mrs. Kim told with a tired voice and the eldest stood up obeying their mother’s words while the others sat and looked at their mom with worried eyes. Silence filled the whole house until Minseok came back from the kitchen with Sehun’s milk.

“Sehunnie, it’s time to sleep.” Minseok told with a smile handing the maknae his warm milk he always drinks before sleeping. The maknae took the bottled warm milk and smiled at his hyungs before saying his thanks. “Kamthahabnida hyuung ~” the maknae told that lit the whole house for a second and Minseok patted his dongsaeng’s head lovingly.

Jongdae then stood up carrying Sehun who was drinking his milk. “I’ll put him to bed.” He told and went upstairs while listening and answering Sehun’s innocent questions. “Did Mrs. Cow make this again?” they heard the maknae’s voice ask as the two made their way up. And with the maknae falling asleep, the kids and their mom were left in silence in the dining room again.

 

Mrs. Kim finally looked at her sons’ eyes and felt guilty. She heaved a big sigh and gave them a sorry smile. “Sorry for what happened. You all must be shocked." she told and the kids remained silent. "Can you hear omma’s explanation?” she asked gently and the brothers looked at each other first before nodding. “Thank you.” She smiled gently and looked at his 10th born son. “Kyungsoo-ya ~” she called and the 8 year old son looked at her with those big round, fear filled eyes. She knew he heard what her ex-husband told and felt sorry for her baby. “Come and sit beside omma, ne?” she told and Kyungsoo, avoiding his mother’s eyes, went beside her.

 

“You guys remember something I told you about your fathers, right?” she asked and the boys unsurely nodded except Kyungsoo. “Mom told you what happened to them too, right?” she asked and they chorused a weak “yes” except for one who was silent, looking on the floor.

“Minnie’s appa died in a plane crash when omma was in the hospital giving birth to out Minmin hyung.” She told and they all nodded not really affected by it since no one got the chance to meet the man. Minseok accepted his father’s death when he was 6 and he had no problem with it since he had 11 fathers that followed his.

“Lulu hyung’s papa is in China and is friends with omma” Baekhyun told and the ahjumma nodded with a smile (the part of being friends was a lie but the younger ones doesn’t really have to know that and the 5 oldest only knows about how they were struggling not to have Luhan taken away from them).

“Benben’s appa is with Yixing’s, Sehunnie’s, and my appa in heaven too” Minseok added with a soft smile.

“Tao's papa just got remarried and he's got a new little brother in China." Yixing told with a smile. "Joonmyeon and Jongin's abeoji has their own familes too." he added and the mother smiled, happy for her ex-husband's happiness. "That's right."

“Then we have our Baekhyunnie hyung and Jongdae hyung's appa in that big building, right?” Chanyeol asked and everyone nodded, the oldest knew that the big building was actually a prison while Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and the little ones thought of it as school or something in similar. The mother thought they were too young to know about these things and just left it like that for the youngsters.

“And we also have Chanyeol’s dad who is a little bit special.” Mrs. Kim added and Chanyeol looked at her with fear and confusion in his eyes. “Come here, omma’s baby.” She told and the 9 year old Chanyeol quickly went. “I did tell you that Channie’s appa was mad at omma and left, right?” she asked and Chanyeol nodded.

“You said abeoji was mad at you because of an unfortunate situation.” The 7th born continued and the mother nodded. “That’s right.” She told making Kyungsoo flinch. Am I the unfortunate situation? Kyungsoo silently asked himself.

 

Mrs. Kim noticed Kyungsoo flinch and knew what her son was thinking. It hurt her a lot knowing that the child of young age was dealing with something this complicated and, sad.

“You see, there was a situation back then when mom was still together with Chanyeol’s appa. I was on my way home when I got kidnapped by a man.” She told and the kids listened, the eldest trying to control their anger upon hearing the truth of their mother getting treated like that. “They put me to sleep and when I woke up the next morning, I was alone in a room.” She told like she was telling them a bed time story but her voice were shaking. It was traumatic for her not to mention tell this to her sons, but she won’t break down, not when her sons are startled and hurting.

Not now. They deserve the truth. I will not let them hurt. Not ever. She told herself.

She knows the elders understood every well what she was saying, but she also knew that they will never blame their little brother Kyungsoo because of what happened. They will of course get mad at their little brother’s father but if she explains this carefully and well, they will understand her heart. And also, she knows how they love their little brother too much to blame him and they are well aware that the little Kyungsoo never did anything wrong. It was his father who deserves to punishment, not their dongsaeng.

 

“Did that man hurt omma?” Chanyeol asked frowning and Kyungsoo flinched again. Omma got hurt because of me.

“A little.” Mrs. Kim chuckled and kissed Chanyeol’s cheek to erase the frown that was forming on his forehead. “But that stranger made mom sleep and gave Kyungsoo to us.” She told and Kyungsoo blinked at his mother. “The one that kidnapped omma gave us Kyungsoo to love.” She told and some were confused, especially Kyungsoo.

“That kidnapper ahjussi is Kyungsoo’s appa.” She told and Kyungsoo didn’t know what to think.

My appa is a kidnapper and made omma suffer? He was confused but chose to listen to every word their mother said. After all, this was the first time he was hearing about his dad.

 

“At first, I was scared at him, and hated him because he kidnapped me and made me scared.” The mother continued. “But then, when Kyungsoo was born, I felt thankful.” “Thankful because he gave me a wonderful son and brother for me and you guys to love.” She added and Kyungsoo felt a little bit happy. The brothers’ anger towards Kyungsoo’s father seemed to lighten down because if it wasn't for him, they won't have such adorable brother now.

“That time, when I first held the little Kyungsoo in my arms, all my anger towards Kyungsoo’s appa, that scary night and all the tears I shed after that incident, they were forgotten because I was too happy.” She said tears forming in her eyes. “I was happy because despite of the pain, something good happened again into my life.” She continued tears falling from her eyes as she looked at her son, Kyungsoo. “That despite of being scared and all the curses omma received, I still gained another treasure to love and to keep. And that is you, Kyunggie. You and your brothers. You are omma’s strength and happiness.”

“Even though omma was having hard hard haaarrd time, I'll just look at the 12 of you and I feel I'm strong again.” She told and Kyungsoo hugged her mother as he sobbed silently. Please don’t cry, ommoni.

“So If I were to meet your father again, I’ll give him my best smile and thank him from the bottom of my heart. Because if he didn’t kidnap me that night, I won’t have my baby Kyungsoo today and maybe, Tao, Jongin, and Sehunnie won’t be here with us either.” She said and everyone kind of agreed. “So please don’t take omma’s misfortune as a bad thing because it was a blessing in disguise.”

 

“And Kyungsoo” she called and the little boy looked up to her with tear drenched face. She wiped the tears and smiled gently as her son. “We may not know your father, and he might be a bad person but we don’t know anything about that, but the fact that you are my son and that you have a good heart will always be the one you should be proud of.” She told. “You are different from your father. You are Kim Kyungsoo, Kim Hye Jung’s smart, caring, sweet and responsible son and brother. And that is what really matters.” She continued and the brothers agreed smiling at their little brother some patting him to cheer him up.

“I-I’m not a demon then?” the little one asked and Mrs. Kim quickly shook her head and denied it. “Of course not, my love! You’re one of omma’s little angels and Chanyeol’s appa just said that because he wasn’t thinking straight.” She told and the kid believed her words. “Channie’s appa just needed some explanation and omma will talk to him so he’ll be happy again. Maybe not with us but at least he’ll be happy.” She told looking at Chanyeol with a smile and the child returned it with another.

 

Chanyeol, not having to know and see his father until now, understood his mother and somehow felt that his father living with them will not really result his mother and brothers happiness and for the 9 year old kid, if his mom and brother are not happy, he won’t be as well.

“As long as omma, hyungs, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongin and Sehunnie are happy. Chanyeol is happy.” The 8th born said with a toothy smile before turning to his little brother Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo-yah, sorry about abeoji. He doesn't know well and he doesn’t know us really well. He was just mad, but omma will talk to him so he won’t be mad at us anymore.” He told and wiped his little brother’s tears. “And even if we have different fathers, even if my dad is mad at you, I’m not. And we’re still brothers and we all love you.” He told everything he had to say from his heart.

“Other people may say mean things to omma and to us a lot because we have different fathers and we cause trouble a lot, but we don’t have to believe in everything they say because we all know each other too well. We trust each other and protect each other forever, ne?”

“Ne, hyung.” The little Kyungsoo replied with a sniffle.

“Kyungsoo-ya.”

“Ne?”

“Saranghae nae dongsaeng (I love you my little brother)” Chanyeol said with a smile and hugged his brother with the warmest smile and the others slowly joined the hug having the little Kyungsoo in the middle crying happily and thanking his dad for kidnapping his mother that night 8 years ago. Mrs. Kim and the brothers also crying happy to have such loving brothers.

 

End of the flashback . . .

 

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

I'm crying yeoreobeun TT

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

the flashback is finished

Now the next chapter will be the last xmas special

hope you like the story ~

I'll work hard :)

Love me well <3 ~

PS: I edited this chapter since I confused Tao's dad with Yixing's

Tao's dad is alive and got a new family while Yixing's dad died in a ship wreck

thanks to the one who commented this to me <3