Start of a beautiful friendship

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dr Kang scanned the results from Shinhye’s monthly general check-up. The progress of her disease was never affected the time she passed out but it’s not saying that she is getting any better. Not a little bit.

 

Dr Kang went to Shinhye’s room.

 

“Shinhye ah..”

 

 

“Dr Minhyuk, it’s been a week. Oppa said it will just take three days for me to stay here.”

 

 

“What do you feel in your body?”

 

 

“Doctor, it’s the nth time you asked me that question. It’s irritating me. I said just like always I feel tired and stuffs. Nothing else.”

 

 

“I’m sorry Shinhye. I think you are right when you said that I’m not a good doctor. I haven’t done anything to make you feel better in the past years.” Dr Kang sighed.

 

 

Shinhye felt Dr Minhyuk’s sincerity.

 

“Doctor, you are making me feel guilty. You know I said that because I’m confused last time. I didn’t know what’s happening in my body and life.”

 

 

“I understand. I promise you Shinhye, I will do whatever it takes for you to live like a normal girl. You are just fifteen, once you got cured on this there’s a whole new happy life waiting for you..”

 

 

“But what if I didn’t get cured?” Shinhye’s voice is trembling.

 

Dr. Minhyuk looked in the eyes of Shinhye. He felt very sorry. He knows Hodgkin’s Lymphoma don’t have a concrete antidote or medication for now. But he has confidence about it, with Shinhye’s eagerness to live.

 

“I promise, you will have a brand new life once you got cured.” Doctor Kang smiled at her.

 

 

“You don’t need to promise anything Doctor.” Shinhye smiled back.

 

 

“I really came here to say that you will be discharged tomorrow. And you can go to school also. But I remind you don’t let your body drenched in the rain, okay?”

 

 

“Thank you Doctor. I will take care of my body very seriously from now on.”

 

 

 

 

Mrs Park and Shiyoon were happy looking Shinhye back to normal.

 

“Mommy, I miss school already.”

 

 

“You sure you are going to school tomorrow? You can go on Monday next week if you want to rest. I already talked to Teacher Lee.”

 

 

“I’m okay Mommy. I miss my classmates.”

 

 

“I will take to your classroom tomorrow then.” Shiyoon said.

 

 

“You don’t need to do that Oppa. I’m okay now.”

 

 

“I want to do it Shin ah.”

 

 

Shinhye smiled. “Oppa is really caring right Mom?”

 

“You are right Shin, how can we live without Shiyoon? Ever since he was here helping us.”

 

 

“It’s nothing Mrs Park, my Mom is your best friend so I’m here for Shinhye too.”

 

 

“You are such a good son.”

 

 

“And a good Oppa too!” Shinhye shouted.

 

 

Next day Shiyoon take Shinhye to her class. They’ve been there so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter