Second lead in a novel

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Pass two in the dawn when finally Yonghwa was able to send Shinhye home. The two was not speaking while they’re walking but enough that their minds can understand each other. No words, just the breathing of snow falling in their heads are the very sign they can hear each other.

 

 

“Thanks for the gift, Smiley.”

 

 

“It’s Christmas anyways, time to spread love and gift presents. Don’t have to thank me a dozen times.” He giggled.

 

 

She smiled back. “You should go home now. Maybe your Dad must be worried about you right now. It’s too late. The sun will rise soon.”

 

 

“You don’t have too worry about me, Clum.”

 

 

“Don’t forget to come here later at night with your family, okay? My Mom’s dishes are the best especially when times like this.”

 

 

“We will. Go inside now and take some rest.”

 

 

“Okay, you too Smiley.” She turn around went inside their house. Yonghwa followed her with his sight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The night of the 25th, Shinhye’s Mom was done preparing all the things she needs to do. Food, lights, good music and some presents are all good. She bought Shinhye a beautiful white dress that she’ll wear on the dinner.

 

 

“Beautiful like an angel…my daughter.” Mrs Park blurted.

 

 

“Thanks Mom, I will accept that whole heartedly even you are my mom.” She smiled.

 

 

Mrs Park shed a tear while staring at her daughter. Once again, the worriness on her daughter’s state is arousing in her head. She can’t help thinking of it on the times their happiness is breaking off the limit. She is always scared when she is being so much happy because she doesn’t know when or where sadness will come and tear her down.

 

 

“Mom…” She wiped her Mom’s tears.

 

 

“I’m sorry for being like this Shinhye. I can’t help it.”

 

 

“Mom… let’s just think and concentrate on the things what we have now. I mean let’s not think about what will happen on the next months or years. Let’s focus on what we have now and cherish of all those.”

 

 

“I’m your Mom and I’m the one who supposed to say that to you. But Shinhye, I’m really scared everyday. Everytime I open my eyes in the morning I rushed to your room to see if you’re sleeping soundly or not. I’m so scared and worried.”

 

 

“Don’t be scared from now on Mom, coz I will not leave your side. I promise.” She hugged her Mom so tight. She wants to give her Mom the confidence she had to survive her disease.

 

 

The doorbell rang. Shinhye stood and check who is their first visitor. It’s her Doctor.

 

 

“Doctor Minhyuk! You’re early than we expect.” She shouted in her excitement.

 

 

“I just did what you told me, I’m off duty on this day so I’m early.”

 

 

“That’s great then. Woah, you can put those presents over there.”

 

 

“I’m afraid you’ll never let me enter if you saw I have gone here in bare hands.”

 

 

“Hmmm, maybe?” Shinhye laughed cutely.

 

 

 

 

“These two, enough with those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter