The Act of an Angel

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

December 17th. The day Yonghwa’s Dad been waiting for. This special day that made possible by Shinhye. Yonghwa’s Dad got up early and talked to his Mother and Father.

 

“Mother, is Yonghwa awake now?” He asked his Mother.

 

 

His Mother sighed deeply. “Son, it’s only six am. Look, the sun hasn’t got up too.”

 

 

Yonghwa’s Dad stared at their window, all he can see is a dark greyish sky above, and snow is the only thing you can see in the ground. “Maybe, I’m just too excited for his birthday..”

 

 

“You’re son is seventeen now. He is becoming an all grown up man soon. But I can still remember his whining when he is still a little kid.” Old man Jung said.

 

 

“I miss that little kid too, Father.”

 

His Father tapped his head. “He’ll comeback soon. That little kid we all missed. He will.”

 

 

“Are we going to have party for his birthday or something? We should invite his friends.” His Mother interrupted.

 

 

Yonghwa’s Dad didn’t reply. He doesn’t know what to, whether to have a party or just a simple celebration. He talked about what the plans on Shinhye but she just said that she will handle it. Shinhye said that all his Dad will do was to relax and smile brightly on Yonghwa. That’s all. He was very clueless what will really happen.

 

 

 

“This guys, you’re not answering me again. Okay, I’ll just make Yonghwa’s favourite food.” His Mother blurted.

 

 

 

Exactly eight in the morning, Yonghwa got up on his bed. The first thing on his mind is to get out of this house because for sure the elders will make him stay at home, of course because it’s his birthday. But even he feels sorry for his grandparents, he really just wants this day to be a normal one as possible. Anyways it’s just a birthday, nothing really special.

 

He directly had a cold bath and wears the blue coat. The snow is heavier than the past days. He get downstairs and his Grandma greeted him with a pretty smile.

 

 

“My Yong! Happy birthday to you, my grandson.” She hugged his grandson tightly.

 

 

His Grandma’s hug was the warmest of all. She was the most precious woman on Yonghwa’s life. “Thank you, Grandma. Thank you for being with me always.”

 

 

“Until my last breath, Yong. I will be here for you.” Her eyes are hinting some hot tears.

 

 

“Come with me at the kitchen, I made some hot drinks for you..” She added.

 

 

Yonghwa couldn’t refuse his Grandma. And also he is craving for hot drink to soothe his cold mouth.

 

 

On the kitchen, his Father and Grandfather was there.

 

“Yong ah, happy birthday..” His Grandpa said.

 

 

Yonghwa bowed. “Thanks Grandpa.”

 

 

His Dad couldn’t utter the words happy birthday my beloved son because he was afraid that being ignored. His ego is knocking again. Yonghwa was sitted infront of him but didn’t even share a glance. His Dad got his self together, he must trash away his pride or the fear of being ignored.

 

 

“S-son…” He whispered.

 

 

Yonghwa didn’t stare back, pretending he didn’t hear a thing.

 

 

“H-happy birthday…don’t forget that I love you, my s-son.” He said with all his heart.

 

 

Yonghwa finished his drink immediately and didn’t even replied on his Dad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter