The Little Boy's Wish

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa rushed to geriatric ward, maybe his Grandpa is finding him by now. But gladly his Grandpa just went out of the room the time he reached.

 

“Did you wait too long Yonghwa?”

 

 

“Nope, Grandpa.” He smiled.

 

 

“Then let’s go home. Your Grandma cooked something delicious today.” His Grandpa tapped Yonghwa’s shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

Shinhye was getting curious why Doctor Minhyuk seldom visit in her room. Only the nurses are checking her.

 

“Nurse Unnie, when will Doctor Minhyuk go here?”

 

 

“Doctor Kang is busy at this moment, Shinhye.” The nurse replied.

 

 

“What’s keeping him so busy?” Shinhye asked.

 

 

“He is doing operations with Shin Junho, the little boy with leukemia.” The nurse said sadly.

 

 

“Junho? The grumpy kid?” She blurted.

 

 

“Do you know him?”

 

 

“I know him. Nurse Unnie, can you tell me what’s happening to Junho?”

 

 

“Maybe you should ask Doctor Kang, he knows. But as of now you can’t talk to him, he can’t entertain you Shinhye. He told me to take care of you while he’s away.” Nurse said.

 

 

“I understand Unnie.” She sighed.

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa saw her Grandma bought a lot of fresh fruits. He first thought of Shinhye. Maybe those fruits will make Clumsy better.

 

 

 

“Grandma, can I take some fruits?”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“I saw my friend back at the hospital, I think fruits will make her better.”

 

 

“Her? So it’s a girl?” His Grandma smiled.

 

 

“Yes, she’s a girl but it’s not what you think Grandma.” He smirked.

 

 

“Okay okay. I get it. You can take as much as you want Yonghwa. For your friend.”

 

 

Yonghwa scratched his head. “Grandma, can you peel it for me? I don’t know what to do with those?”

 

 

“This boy! When will you give it?” His Grandma asked.

 

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

 

“Okay, then I’ll will peel it later at night and cool it in the fridge.”

 

 

“Grandma, you are the best!”

 

 

“You should bring your friend sometime here.” Grandma stressed at the word friend.

 

 

“Grandma, stop it. It’s not what you think okay?” He sighed.

 

 

“Whatever you say, my Grandson.” She laughed.

 

 

Yonghwa just smiled with the childish attitude of his Grandma.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next day Doctor Kang went to the room of Shinhye.

 

“Shinhye ah, I’m sorry I can’t visit you that much.”

 

 

“It’s okay, but can you tell me what’s happening with Junho?”

 

 

“Who told you this?”

 

 

“Nurse Unnie.”

 

 

“She shouldn’t just say news about the other patients.”

 

 

“Don’t try to scold her Doctor. I know Junho went to an operation yesterday right?”

 

 

“Yes he had.”

 

 

“What happened?”

 

 

Doctor Minhyuk was afraid, he doesn’t want Shinhye to know that the case of the little kid Junho is getting worse. Or directly speaking, the disease completely killed the little boy’s body. It’s just matter of days or weeks that Junho can stay alive. He is afraid that Shinhye will lose confidence.

 

“Junho… he is getting better.” He completely said a dangerous lie.

 

Shinhye smiled with relief. “I knew it, coz Doctor Kang Minhyuk is the best! I’ll try to visit Junho later.”

 

“You can visit him later, he is just lying on his bed.” He touched his glasses.

 

 

“Is he can go play or something? You said he is getting better, I think he can go outside.”

 

 

“Junho is still weak, he is recovering. But if the kid want to go outside, I think it’s okay.” He said. Junho’s parents already know what will happen so they decided to let Junho to play and laugh like a kid. Even in his last days, maybe at least the little boy can have a good smile before leaving.

 

 

“I wonder when will I get better too?” She asked with an excitement on her eyes.

 

Doctor Kang can’t hide his tears. He feels guilty.

 

 

“Soon. Very soon. I promise you.”

 

 

“It’s a promise, okay?” She lends his pinky finger.

 

 

“Promise.” Doctor Minhyuk stated.

 

 

 

 

Someone knocked at the door.

 

“Maybe it’s Mom.”

 

 

Doctor Minhyuk opened the door for her. He was shocked whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter