I understand you, because you are my son

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pass two in the dawn, Yonghwa finished reading all the paper plane letters. He compiled it and kept it in a wooden box. His tears where dried on his cheeks. He took a very deep sigh and tried to close his tired eyes and get some sleep…

 

 

 

 

The morning breeze woke him up. He rubbed his eyes and saw snow falling graciously through his window. He lit a small smile.

 

 

“Good morning, Grandson..” His Grandmother greeted him as soon as he reached downstairs.

 

 

 

His Dad is sitting and having coffee while reading some headlines on the newspapers. Yonghwa stole a glance on his Dad.

 

 

“Grandma, I’m hungry. Do we have something to eat?” Yonghwa demanded and sat with the same table with his Dad.

 

 

“Call you Grandpa first then we’ll gonna eat breakfast.”

 

 

“Don’t have to, I’m here already.” Grandpa said.

 

 

Yonghwa helped his Grandma with the breakfast dishes to be set on the table.

 

 

“Did you have a nice sleep, Yong? It seems to me that you’re in a good mood..”

 

 

Yonghwa smiled. “Let’s eat. I’m hungry.”

 

 

 

 

Son.. I want to eat with you heartily.. I want to see you sitting next to me…

 

 

 

Yonghwa remembered the line on the letter his Dad gave him. As he tries to steal a glance on his Dad, his Dad is staring at him.

 

 

 His Dad smile at him. “Eat slowly…”

 

 

Yonghwa don’t have anything to say. He just nodded.

 

 

 

His Dad was surprised when Yonghwa response. Yes, it was just a simple nod but it’s the first time his son did not ignore him.

 

 

 

 

“You’re not going out today, Yong?” Grandpa asks.

 

 

“It’s freezing outside.” He said.

 

Grandpa looked at his wife and smiled.

 

 

 

They finished their breakfast. Yonghwa goes upstairs again because h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter