The Paper Planes and a Secret Kiss

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

After a while, she heard the boys where inside chatting. They must have been finished carrying the woods.

 

 

 

“Clumsy, where are you?” Yonghwa shouted downstairs.

 

Shinhye immediately went out of his room and pretended she just accidentally went upstairs because she is looking for the bathroom.

 

 

“I thought the bathroom was upstairs..” Shinhye said and even herself acknowledge his dumbness with the lie she just told.

 

 

Yonghwa smiled and tapped her head. “Aigoo…”

 

 

They gather at the living room beside the chimney. Jungshin is being playful telling things about Yonghwa at school.

 

 

“Yong is really good at playing basketball, Uncle.”

 

Yonghwa stared at Jungshin, telling him to stop saying nonsense things. But Jungshin is very sociable to elders.

 

 

His Dad is smiling all along with the things he heard about Yonghwa. At that rate, even they couldn’t talk personally, his friends are speaking on behalf of him.

 

 

 

 

“It’s been ages since I hear joyful voices on this house..” His Grandmother is back from market.

 

 

“It’s seems to me that they are all enjoying, Mrs Jung.” Shinhye’s Mom added. They run each other on the same road so they decided to stick together.

 

 

Shinhye was surprised that her Mom was with Yonghwa’s Grandma.

 

 

“Mommy...it’s freezing outside, right? ” She went and rubbed her hand with the knitted gloves on to her Mom.

 

 

“I’m okay, Shinhye ah. I bought a cake for Sm--- . For Yonghwa.” Her Mom tried not to giggle.

 

 

“Whoa, really? You’re so sweet, Mom..”

 

 

“I will assist you Mrs Jung on cooking.” Her Mom demanded.

 

 

“No, you are a visitor. You and Shinhye can go with the boys.”

 

 

“Grandma, please? Let us help you…” Shinhye pouted.

 

 

“This girl, do you do that a lot when you are begging?” Grandma laughed.

 

 

“What do you mean, Grandma?”

 

 

“Aigoo ya.. So you don’t even know…”

 

 

“Mrs Jung, my daughter doesn’t know at all about that.”

 

 

Shinhye couldn’t understand at all the conversation and just scratched her head instead.

 

 

Grandma, Shinhye and her Mom prepared everything for Yonghwa’s dinner celebration. His Grandma prepared all the side dishes and a special seaweed soup for her grandson. Shinhye assisted on her Mom decorated the whole dining area.

 

 

 

Exactly six in the evening, Shinhye dragged the boys specially Yonghwa and Jungshin on the dining area.

 

 

“The celebration will start now!” Shinhye shouted with so much excitement.

 

 

 

Yonghwa can’t do anything with what’s happening. He can’t just go upstairs and ignore all the things they did because Shinhye was there and her Mom too. Simply, those two are the reason why he is keeping up to be on the vibe of “birthday”.

 

 

Shinhye put a cute party hat on Yonghwa’s head. “The birthday celebrant must wear that. Look, yours is much special than others..”

 

 

“I’m not a kid anymore, why need to pull these things?”

 

 

“You just turned seventeen. You’re still a kid, Yonghwa.” Mrs Park defended her daughter.

 

 

Shinhye stick her tongue out.

 

 

“Don’t stick your tongue like that to me, I’m older than you now..” Yonghwa coldly said.

 

 

“Tccch, dream on. Even if you are a thousand older than me I’m gonna still knock your head.” Shinhye laughed.

 

 

 

“Okay, okay. Enough with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter