A plan for his special day

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Christmas break..

 

 

 

Shinhye and her Mom are busy planning and preparing what to do for Christmas. And of course Shinhye has plans for Yonghwa’s upcoming birthday. She wants to give the gift that will make Yonghwa happy. She want to even she has no definite answer to that.

 

 

 

Yonghwa rarely stay at home. He was always lurking on Jungshin’s house. He doesn’t wanna see his Dad bugging him to have lunch or even just to have simple talk.

 

 

Shinhye accidentally met Yonghwa’s Dad while crossing their road. At that time she got the right timing to talk to his Dad.

 

 

“How are you, Mr. Jung?” Shinhye greeted Yonghwa’s Dad with a beautiful smile.

 

 

“Shinhye ah? Nice to meet you again. Is your house nearby from ours?”

 

 

“A little.”

 

 

“It’s snowing so hard, you shouldn’t walk around if there’s nothing important to do, lovely girl.”

 

 

“I’m okay, Mr Jung.”

 

 

“Do you want some hot chocolate?”

 

 

“I’d love too. Is Yonghwa around?”

 

 

Mr Jung sighed. “No he’s not. He’s probably on Jungshin’s house again. He is always avoiding me.”

 

 

“Can we talk about you and Yonghwa while having some hot chocolate, Mr Jung?” She asked beautifully.

 

 

Mr Jung tapped Shinhye’s head. “Just what you said to me a while ago, I’d love too.”

 

 

Mr Jung and Shinhye reached Yonghwa’s grandparents’ house. Luckily they can talk honestly and heartily because the seniors are gone to run some errands for Christmas.

 

 

Yonghwa’s Dad top Shinhye’s drink with little marshmallows.

 

 

“Whoa, it smells yummy. Thanks Mr Jung.”

 

 

“You can call me Uncle instead.” He demanded.

 

 

Shinhye replied a shy smile.

 

 

“What do you want to know my son and me?” Mr Jung asked after sipping his drink.

 

Shinhye began to talk. “Yonghwa said to me that his Mom left you and him.”

 

 

Mr Jung was shocked. “He told you about that?”

 

Shinhye nodded.

 

 

“So I guess Yonghwa is so comfortable with you then. Thank you for being a listener to my son.”

 

 

“Your son is a good person. Really a good person.”

 

 

“He is, he’s always been a good boy. It’s my fault why did he become like that to me. I did jerk things before and neglected him as my son. He was the one holding on to me but I pushed him away. Then after that incident he really left me.”

 

 

Shinhye was filling with the marshmallow but then she stop when she heard something about the incident. “What happened with that incident that made him left you?” She asked politely.

 

 

Mr Jung took a deep breath. “That night, I was really drunk and took home a girl from a bar. Yonghwa was waiting for me every night when I got addicted to girls and casino. I was hurt that time because his Mom left me but then again all I think is myself.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter