The childhood friend, Soojung

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nice to meet you..” Shinhye extended her hand onto Soojung.

 

 

“Me too Unnie.. We’re going to be school mates. I transferred here also, I’m your junior.”

 

 

“That’s great. I look forward being with you then..”

 

 

 

 

 

Jung Soojung, a girl with a pretty face but her expressions make her look like a cold brat girl. Yonghwa’s family and hers are close friends so they know each other since they were little kids. Yonghwa is a year older than her. They were schoolmates and summer buddies on music lessons when they are young. But after Soojung turned eight,  her Dad decides to live in States.

 

 

 

“Clum, after this where are you going?” Yonghwa asked Shinhye. It’s been more than a month since she saw her. He noticed that Shinhye is getting thinner than what she used to be last winter. Her hair also, growing up to her back, making her a pretty lady but looking pale all over.

 

 

“I’ll go to Mrs Shin’s house.”

 

 

“Can I go with you? I want to see Mrs Shin also. It’s been a while.”

 

 

Soojung at the back heard their convo. “Oppa, you’re gonna leave me here?!”

 

 

Yonghwa sighed. He completely forgot about Soojung. He’s attention is back again to Clumsy, nothing else. But he can’t just leave Soojung because first of all she doesn’t know where to go. “I will send you home first.”

 

 

 

 

“You don’t have to go with me. You need to rest too. You just got back to Seoul. I bet you two are tired.” Shinhye clearly said.

 

 

“Shinhye Unnie is right, Oppa.” Soojung mumbled.

 

 

“But..”   But I want to talk to you, I want to catch up what happen to your summer, Clum. Only in his thoughts, he can say it. Only he can hear what he wanted to say.

 

 

“Okay then..” He added.

 

 

 

Shinhye faced on Junho’s grave. “Junho ya, I’m going now.. I will meet your pretty Mom.”

 

 

“I’m going now, Soojung. Please take a good rest and let’s see each other at school.” She said to Soojung and just stared at Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

“See you, Clum….”

 

 

 

 

 

While Soojung and Yonghwa are walking, she can’t help to ask everything about Shinhye.

 

 

“Oppa, I heard that name a lot of Uncle but you, you don’t even utter her name back when we are at Seoul. So I never thought that you guys are close.”

 

 

“My Dad is talking about her? When?”

 

 

“When you are not around.” Soojung laughed.

 

 

“What did he tell about her?”

 

 

“All I remember was she was an angel to Uncle.” Soojung said and looked confuse.

 

 

Yonghwa smiled. “He did tell that?”

 

 

Soojung nodded. “But to you, I’m your angel right?”

 

 

“You? An angel? Seriously Soojung..stop it.”

 

 

 

“The air here is so fresh unlike in Seoul. I think I will like here for this time being.” Soojung diverted their topic.

 

 

“Why did your Dad decided to live near us, Soojung? I mean, your family has a good state of living in Seoul, rather than here.”

 

 

“Maybe my Dad missed your Dad very much. You know they we’re best of friends right? And I know he is worried about you and Uncle. Because of your Mom…” Soojung shooked her head.

 

 

 

“We’ve absolutely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter