Ever since... (An Autumn Fairytale)

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mom..” Shinhye whispered on her Mom. She went to her Mom’s room and sleep beside her.

 

 

“Shinhye ah…why?” Her Mom moved and faced her daughter.

 

 

“I just wonder if you know me better than myself..”

 

 

Her Mom caresses and fixed her hair and put some of it behind her ears. “Hmm? What do you mean?”

 

 

“About everything about me, how I feel, how I speak, I wonder if you know my feelings just even by breathing..”

 

 

“I know if something is bothering you, if something makes you happy, if you feel angry or such. I know it but I think every mother in this world possessed that. It’s an instinct for us. But even I know all of that, you can still hide particular feelings and you can still lie..It’s up to one’s self.”

 

 

“Mom…”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Why it’s so hard for me the things I want to do? I have a lot of dreams and goals to achieve but the more I dream, the more it gets hard. And I only blame this disease for everything.”


 

Mrs Park hugged her daughter tightly. “Then you should dream a little bit more bigger than what you are thinking. I know it’s not that easy once it’s done but try to think more of that than what Hodgkin’s gives to you.”

 

 

“Thanks Mom..for being there all along with me. For letting me do what ever I want..”

 

 

“I will keep doing that, because it’s my instinct, you first before anything.”

 

 

“Can I sleep here with you tonight?”

 

 

“Of course you may, my sweet daughter. Sleep now you’ll going to be busy tomorrow for your trip.”

 

 

 

 

***

 

Mid-autumn breeze curls up Shinhye while walking to school. She sighed. It’s autumn again.. She feels sad about the season but thankful because she is breathing and walking comfortably.

 

 

 

 

“Oppa, comeback faster okay? On the second day you must be here before the sun rises.” Soojung said.

 

 

“What an attitude of you, Soojung.” He said while arranging his stuffs on the compartment of the mini bus.

 

 

“I don’t have anybody to accompany me, Oppa. You should take care of me.”

 

 

“When did I became your baby sitter? And please at least make some friends on your block.” He laughs.

 

 

“I’m not a baby! Stop doing that to me.” She shouted.

 

 

“Soojung ah, why are you such making a fuss over this? Just go to your class now.”

 

 

“I’m not making a commotion here, just get back faster okay?”

 

 

Shinhye arrived and start to get her bag on the compartment also.

 

 

“Let me get those, Clum.”

 

 

Shinhye stopped his hand. “No, I can do it. It’s not heavy.”

 

 

“Even it’s not heavy, you still can’t bring it properly.” He giggled and attempt to get her bags.

 

 

“I said I can do it.. don’t treat me like a lousy person. I can do this.” She said in a high tone.

 

 

“Who said I treat you like that?”

 

 

“Don’t bother.” She said last and went to the mini bus. She sat beside the window.

 

 

Yonghwa followed her and sat beside her. “Did I do something wrong? You’re angry again.”

 

 

“I said don’t bother.”

 

 

“You’re always in bad mood, sometimes you pass on me when we see each other, you don’t talk to me like before. What did I do wrong?” He asked.

 

 

“Nothing.”

 

 

Yonghwa stared at the window. He saw falling leaves on the trees. “Is it because of autumn?”


 

 

 

Shinhye didn’t reply.

 

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa didn’t dare to speak up.

 

 

 

 

At the camp site, the boys started to build their tents. The whole class are refreshed with the nature. The weather is perfect for outdoor sleeping and activities.

 

 

 

“Shinhye ah, you look tired.” Jungshin touched her forehead.

 

 

“I just didn’t get some good sleep last night. But I’m okay.” She said.

 

 

 

Yonghwa was just watching the conversation of the two.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter