Chapter 68

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a double update. Make sure you read Chapter 67 first.

Hope you like this update.

It was like a déjà vu to Kyuhyun as he sat outside the treatment room where Sungmin was breathing into the artificial oxygen through the mask. The operation was a success and it was a relief to the preceptor when he was informed about his lover not being injured severely. The hard hit had left the boy with a few fractures to his legs nevertheless. Oh, and Sungmin had to go through a few stitches on the parietal part of his scalp as an injury on the scalp had been established as a proof of his blonde hair turning red with the blood tricking off and damping the centre of the head where they were covering it.

However, a possibility of losing his memories had been expressed to the preceptor.

How does that mean that he isn’t severely injured then?

Well, the thought of Sungmin forgetting anything and everything regarding Kyuhyun and their love was haunting Kyuhyun. And that was a horrifying thought to the tall pharmacist.

But his Sungmin making it alive after that even more appalling accident was what had mattered to Kyuhyun the most; making him take a sigh of relief nevertheless.

He remembered how he had first confessed to Sungmin in a similar situation with Sungmin being on the hospital bed and all; remembering how similar his adrenaline rush and heartbeat and actions were from back then as he did the same shouting and screaming and crying while bringing Sungmin’s bleeding body to the Emergency Room. And how could he not? He loved him too much to not care.

Which had also been the reason for him to go back to the crime scene and retrieve Sungmin’s fallen bag; all while crying as a small baby.

So here he was, hugging the very bag like his life depended on it.

He chuckled at the memory in which a sulking Sungmin was brooding about losing his pink bag and his things within when he had last gotten out of the hospital bed as a patient.

He wasn’t the kind to invade someone’s privacy, much less go through their stuff. Nonetheless, here he was, listening to his heart begging him to go through Sungmin’s bag and touch the things it contained; feel them like he wanted to feel what Sungmin might have been feeling as he used them.

And that’s when his left hand brought out the pink book.

Pink, the colour he is obsessed with. He chuckled at the thought.

But his chuckle didn’t last long as he opened the book and came across lonely and sad and depressing passages that had been entered in the diary for the past week.

And his heart broke even further as he read that line…

I think Dr. Kyuhyun has started to fall out of love with me.

 

………………………………………………………………….

 

A cynical smile had been outlined on the previously dirty face. He was now wiping his face that he had just washed off with excess of soap and water.

He recalled how he had put all his strength on the accelerator pedal and drove on the road with eyes only watching one person he had gotten his eyes and mind on.

Lee Sungmin

“Now I can make you mine without feeling that rage of you stabbing me back then. Just make it alive though.”

A knock on the cracked and dirty washroom’s door made him groan.

“What is it?”

“Boss, he made it alive.” came the voice from behind the closed door.

And the cynical smile was back on his face.

“I’m pleased to hear that you made it alive, beautiful.”

 

………………………………………………………………….

 

A small whimper escaped the m-shaped lips as he started gaining consciousness after a long sleep.

Managing to open his eyes slowly; which he also quickly shut back as the sharp light of the room hurt them; he whimpered some more and tilted his head to the left; finally gaining the comfort to open the lids back.

Raising his left hand a bit which had a needle attached, he felt the oxygen mask and pulled it off his face and gently placed it on his edge of his chin; taking a sharp inhalation of the oxygen in the room instead.

He groaned a bit more as he tried to sit up and rest his back on the bed’s backrest.

His mind was still clouded with confusion as he took in the surroundings of the room and his own body on the bed.

“What happened?” his throat hurt and his voice croaked as he spoke to no one in particular since there really was no one in the room other than him. “Why am I on the hospital bed again?”

No sooner, someone emerged from the washroom in the room and tiredly looked down on the floor as he ruffled his already unkempt hair. The person then slowly looked towards the patient’s bed and his eyes widened at the sight.

“You’re awake!”

“Doctor Kyuhyun?” Sungmin’s hoarse voice spoke once again.

Kyuhyun hurriedly went towards the bed and touched Sungmin’s left cheek tenderly.

“You didn’t lose your memories. You didn’t forget me.”

“What are you talking about?” Sungmin asked out in confusion.

“You were hit by a car last night. Do you not remember?” Kyuhyun’s concern was apparent as he dragged the chair nearer and took a seat on it; reaching out for the glass of water he had prepared beforehand in thought of giving it to the younger boy once he were to wake up.

“I was hit by a car?”

“But you survived. And I’m proud of you for doing that. Not to forget, I’m thankful too.” Kyuhyun breathed out in relief. He handed the glass of water to Sungmin and sighed again as Sungmin took it and drank a bit.

“I can’t remember it though.” Sungmin pouted. He looked up at the preceptor and his eyes turned soft as he noticed the dark circles apparent under Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Did you stay by my side all this while?”

“It would be impossible of me not doing that.” Kyuhyun replied.

“How about Nari umma and all then? Did they not come by?”

“They did. In fact, she is a crying mess at the moment in one of the washrooms of the hospital. But fortunately, everything is fine. Just a few fractures on your legs and a few stitches on your scalp, but you sure made it out alive.” Kyuhyun took the glass from Sungmin’s grasp and placed it on the side table he had earlier picked it from; soon replacing the glass previously in Sungmin’s hand with his own hand. “I really am thankful about that.”

Suddenly, all the feelings of insecurity about Kyuhyun slipping away from him invaded Sungmin’s mind out of nowhere and he reluctantly pulled his hand away from within Kyuhyun’s grasp.

Somehow, Kyuhyun understood the reason behind that action. And so, he wasted no time in taking hold of Sungmin’s hand once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter