Chapter 28

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon was outside in the porch on his red and black bike, eagerly waiting for Sungmin to exit the Shin’s house.

Sungmin was late to go to the hospital and Donghae had already been picked up by Hyukjae early that morning.

Nari had planted that idea in the surgeon’s brain. No kidding.

On the other hand, Siwon had been waiting for Sungmin outside for more than an hour already. Yes, more than an hour in the scorching summer morning heat. And it wasn’t Sungmin’s fault to begin with. He didn’t even know some medical intern had been nurturing a big time crush on him and had decided to show up outside his new place to pick him up for the hospital.

With haste steps and dishevelled blonde hair, he exited the house; not before Nari stuffing a big piece of chicken sandwich into his mouth. The sandwich piece was half dangling from his mouth, threatening to fall off any moment if not held in time.

Siwon felt his heart flutter for two reasons:

Sungmin looked beautiful despite his messy self and stuffed-with-sandwich-mouth. It was his very first time seeing Sungmin early in the morning and he was about to do something he had never done before, ever.

He panicked when he saw Sungmin unconsciously ignoring him while stuffing his small notepad in his pink bag and running towards the sidewalk to get to the bus stop as he struggled to keep his white coat fixed on his left arm; all while letting his mouth do the chewing of the sandwich without much support from his hands.

Siwon ran towards the boy who was in hurry and grabbed Sungmin’s right wrist that was now holding the pink bag’s strap. Sungmin jerk backwards and steadied his steps as he turned around to look at who had stopped him.

“I’ll drop you to the hospital today.” Siwon barely let Sungmin register the other’s words and presence as he gently began dragging Sungmin towards his expensive motorbike.

“Siwon-ah, what are you doing here?” Sungmin asked as he continued being dragged by the taller male; removing the sandwich from his stuffed mouth in the process.

“I told you, I’m picking you up for the hospital.” Siwon replied as he stopped in front of his bike and left Sungmin’s wrist to grab a spare helmet from the backseat.

“Siwon, how long have you been waiting here?” Sungmin’s voice had started getting serious because he had noticed the sweating form of the other.

“Doesn’t matter. Let’s go. We are more than two hours late now.” Siwon tried to divert the topic but Sungmin was definitely a stubborn case.

“You have been waiting since before Donghae left, right?” Sungmin managed to ignore the helmet that Siwon had been offering to him since a while now.

Siwon couldn’t deny it anymore. His eyes turned softer before he spoke, “Sorry. I just wanted to go to the hospital together with you today.” he looked down as he placed the helmet back on the seat.

Sungmin softened. “Anything special Siwon-ah?” he softly asked. He couldn’t deny Siwon had been looking worn out and tired yet sad.

“Can we both go somewhere else today? I want to spend this day together with you.” For a moment there, Sungmin thought Siwon actually liked him the other way. But he got rid of the thought just as quick as it had invaded his mind.

“You did not answer my question.” Sungmin placed his right palm on Siwon’s slumped left shoulder as he looked into the other’s pleading eyes.

“It is my birthday today.” Siwon softly smiled.

Liar.

But Sungmin didn’t know that, right?

“Omo! Happy birthday, Siwon-ah!” he happily exclaimed and hugged the taller male, both the arms engulfing the intern by waist.

And Siwon was dumbfounded and frozen on his spot.

Lying about my birthday could give me this? He nervously smiled.

No he wasn’t bad. He was just insecure.

“Sungmin-ah, can we go to anywhere but hospital today?” Siwon again tried to persuade Sungmin and since the latter was blessed with a very soft and kind heart, he instantly agreed though he was worried about skipping a day of his training without a definite reason

“Where do you want to go to?” Sungmin asked with a very gentle smile.

And Siwon’s heart couldn’t have gotten crazier…

He wanted to say, anywhere as long as it is just you and me and not that preceptor of yours. But he instead said,

“This might sound weird but, to a zoo?” and Sungmin’s brighter-than-the-sunlight smile ensured him that he was definitely going to have a date with the other today.

“Let’s go.” Sungmin beamed and took the helmet from the seat and secured his head with it. “Hmm, Siwon-ah, what about my coat and bag?” he eyed his clean white coat in worry.

“Just hold onto it. We will take care of them later, okay?” his tone was very gentle. He was, after all, extremely happy. “Hold on tight to me when you sit comfortably. I’ll be speeding up to the zoo.” He was exceptionally excited to start his date with Sungmin.

Sungmin carefully sat on the seat behind Siwon and timidly clutched onto the latter’s jacket. It was his first time riding on a bike, after all.

“The waist, Sungmin-ah. You will fall.” And Sungmin placed his hands on Siwon’s waist as he was said to. Siwon started with a jerk and this made Sungmin yelp and unconsciously wrap his arms around Siwon’s waist. A secret smirk left Siwon’s face.

Though it is a clichéd drama trick; thank you, Heechul hyung.

The mastermind had to be thanked, alright!

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter