Chapter 38

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon reached the parking lot of the hospital and just abandoned his bike without any care. Right now, his main precedence was to check on Sungmin. And the midnight couldn’t prevent him from doing so.

He sprinted to the reception desk and startled the receptionist with his appearance.

“Lee Sungmin.” he panted. “The one who—” he gulped in some more air to steady his breathing, “—got admitted sometime around… after seven to eight in the evening.” he finally managed to complete his sentence.

“I’m sorry but visiting hours are long over. You have to come back tomorrow morning if you want to visit a patient.” She professionally yet politely declined his query.

Siwon hoisted his eyebrows at that. “I’m an intern here and my father serves as an oncologist in this very hospital. I’m not just a visitor.” He tried to negotiate but the receptionist did not budge from her position.

“I’m sorry. I do know that you are Doctor Choi’s son and are an intern here but rules are the same for all unless you are the one who brought the patient, are the guardian, are a family member or from the police to inquire about the violence or case whatsoever. If you are none, I’m afraid my duty doesn’t allow me to let you visit the patient this late after the visiting hours.” She politely apologized and he could do nothing but forfeit since really, she was just doing her job sincerely.

“At least tell me which ward and room he is in so that I can meet him the first thing tomorrow morning without wasting time here?” he had that pitiful look on his face that eventually made the receptionist soften at him.

She pressed some keys on the keyboard in front of her computer and searched for the said patient. Really, it was no question she knew who Lee Sungmin was because really, the staff knew every single intern and other professionals in the hospital and that particular intern had been the topic of discussion ever since their great and professionally skilled and arrogantly apt and capable pharmacist Doctor Cho Kyuhyun had slowly started changing his nature from the time when that intern started getting trained under him.

She skipped many patients on the screen and when she found the one patient Siwon was looking for, “Oh, Doctor Kyuhyun is still accompanying him?” poor her didn’t realize that she was voicing her thoughts out quite loudly for the other to here.

He’s here?

“Why is Doctor Kyuhyun allowed to stay back with Sungmin despite it being after visiting hours?” he skeptically inquired.

“He’s the one who had brought the patient and got him and his friend admitted. It was a painful sight to see. I had never seen Doctor Kyuhyun so hysteric and in frenzy before today. He was literally shouting profanities when he barged in with the patient in his arms. If we didn’t know better, we would have thought Doctor Kyuhyun was bringing his injured lover or wife in with the way he had made that appearance of his.” Hmm…. It is quite true when they say that females tend to talk and gossip about just anything unconsciously…

And that can also result in utter jealousy to someone unintentionally…

“What is the ward and room number again?” Siwon asked once again. Being replied with the answer, he deeply sighed took two steps back and bowed to the receptionist for her help and retreated back. He faced the hospital’s exit and took a step towards it for no matter what, the rules didn’t allow him to visit Sungmin after the visiting hours were over.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t break the rules…

He turned back and ran towards the direction that lead to the ward Sungmin was admitted in. And it goes without saying that the receptionist panicked and chased after him for a while, till she eventually gave up and called for help after returning back to her place behind the reception desk. All she could do for now was to wait for the ward boys to prevent Siwon from breaking the rule by preventing him from entering the room Sungmin was probably sleeping in.

 

………………………………………………………………….

 

 

Sungmin slightly shifted in his position. He was brought out of his long and tiring sleep after he felt some light weight on his stomach. He slowly cracked his eyes open and grimaced as the blinding light emitting from the ceiling hit his pupils. He tried stretching his neck to look at the cause of weight on his stomach and succeeded despite feeling the shooting pain he was now conscious of in his whole body.

A head covered with brown locks was resting on Sungmin’s stomach. He narrowed his eyes in confusion as the face of the person wasn’t visible since the person’s face was pressed down on Sungmin’s stomach. He then felt a hand tightening its hold on Sungmin’s left hand which wasn’t casted with any sort of dressing or bandage. The h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter