Chapter 31

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Monday morning was calm. The normal routine was running smoothly for almost everyone. Kyuhyun was busy with his own inspection rounds that he had to do and Sungmin was assisting him as long as he was asked to, Siwon was trying to concentrate on his work instead of his thoughts lingering to Sungmin and his happy face back in the zoo, Heechul was out of the city for a fashion show he was holding in Daegu.

But that wasn’t really the case with Donghae and Hyukjae.

Donghae was sulking in Hyukjae’s cabin as he was seated on the soft leather couch from across the office table that Hyukjae was seated on and Hyukjae had a very pitiful look in his eyes which led him to deeply sigh and bury his face in his palms that were resting on his office table.

The two had an argument concerning their own best friends.

Flashback

Hyukjae had picked up Donghae yet again early that morning and Nari had a big fangirl spazzing attack. However, Donghae didn’t really mind and dragged Hyukjae outside with a very wide and sweet grin.

When both reached the hospital earlier than required, Hyukjae proposed to spend some time with each other in his cabin.

No, they weren’t past the kissing and hugging stage.

erts…

Donghae quickly took the seat on the black leather couch and waited for his boyfriend to join him there so that they could cuddle and talk sweet nothings with each other.

Soon, the sweet nothings in the form of words turned into sweet and slow kisses. These two really can’t get enough of each other…

Hyukjae was amazed at how good Donghae’s kissing skills had gotten just after a mere week of them being together.

Donghae was on Hyukjae’s upper lip when the thought of a very depressed and moody Kyuhyun made its way into the latter’s mind. He couldn’t even understand why he was thinking about his best friend’s depressed state in the midst of a very heated make out session with his precious Donghae. But he did think of discussing it with his boyfriend—the thought of calling Donghae his boyfriend alone brought back the butterflies in his stomach that were having a dance battle on break dance on the dance floor a.k.a. his stomach’s pyloric anthrum.

He heaved a cold sigh of contentment as Donghae released his plump flesh. He couldn’t take his eyes off Donghae’s sweet, smiling face. He found himself pecking softly at the boy’s lips as he cupped Donghae’s face from sides gently.

“Hae, I want to talk to you about something.” Hyukjae began softly. He was rewarded with a curious look on his boyfriend’s beautiful and innocent face. “It’s about our best friends.” He added. Donghae frowned at that.

“What about our best friends? Did something happen with Sungminnie again?” the frown stayed on Donghae’s forehead.

“Not to Sungmin. It is my best friend who I’m more worried about.” Donghae’s face relaxed upon the knowledge of Sungmin not being in a problem.

“What about Doctor Kyuhyun?” to be honest, Donghae was least interested in Kyuhyun’s life. He really despised him for all the stress Sungmin had gone through due to that particular pharmacist. So when he asked that question to Hyukjae, his voice was too nonchalant to be normal.

And Hyukjae noticed it.

“He’s hopeless.” Hyukjae answered nevertheless. Donghae looked up at him with a knowing glint.

“Tell me about it. He hopelessly tortured Sungminnie.” Donghae commented.

“What I meant to say was that he is hopelessly in love with your best friend, Sungmin.” Hyukjae clarified. And Donghae’s eyes couldn’t get wider than they already were as the information dawned into his little brain.

“In love?” he stuttered. “You mean, love in the sense we love each other?” he tried clarifying his doubt. Hyukjae felt his heart flutter once more. Donghae considered them to be in love.

“Yes, Hae. He loves Sungmin in the way I love you. But he just can’t express it.” Hyukjae’s voice was soft yet staid.

“But he can’t fall in love with Sungminnie! He’s a bad person!” Donghae was suddenly angry. Hyukjae was taken aback by Donghae’s reaction. He sure loved Donghae but that didn’t mean he loved his own best friend any less.

“Hae, he is not a bad person.” Hyukjae was controlling his protective best friend side from coming out. Hence his voice was strained but gentle.

“He is! Sungminnie has cried a lot of times because of him!” Donghae got off the couch and rounded the coffee table to pace around in the closed cabin.

“I agree your best friend cried because Kyu stole his first kiss and he did that on the day his mother passed away. But he is not a bad person!” Hyukjae’s voice had started to rise.

Donghae gasped at the new information. “Sungmin’s first kiss was stolen by him? And what more, it was when his umma passed away?” Hyukjae’s eyes enlarged at that. Did he just give a secret away that was kept from Donghae by Sungmin? “So that was why he was more broken that day when he heard of his umma’s death?” Donghae was flaring with rage.

“But he regretted it later. Hae, you have to listen to me calmly. Please. You can’t get angry when I’m trying to talk to you about something serious.” Hyukjae was beginning to get his composure back.

“He is mean!” Donghae was behaving stubbornly and that led Hyukjae to get off the couch as well and go and sit on his office chair across his office table after Donghae sat back on the couch.

“We have to talk to Sungmin about this. Please. We have to make him aware of Kyu’s situation.” Hyukjae tried convincing his lover.

“I’m not making Sungminnie commit suicide by getting him together with that mean pharmacist.” Donghae grumpily crossed his arms across his chest and looked away from Hyukjae. Hyukjae heaved a heavy sigh of annoyance and buried his face in his palms.

End of flashback.

And here they are, stuck in the same position after two minutes of that retort Donghae had thrown at the surgeon.

Hyukjae looked up at his sulking lover. The pursed thin lips of Donghae had made his fingers twitch to touch them but he had some other serious matter to take care of at the moment and his needy lips could wait till that matter was taken care of.

He heaved another heavy sigh and this made Donghae look up at him. “Hae, he has been with me ever since we became friends. He has always been by my side whenever I needed him. He isn’t a bad person. He isn’t mean. He’s just struggling with his more than messed up life. And I don’t want him to struggle with his first ever real love too. Please. Try to understand. I really want you to understand me. Kyu is as important to me as Sungmin is important to you, if not more.” And Donghae had finally started getting his frown off his forehead. The vulnerable look in Hyukjae’s eyes was melting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter