Chapter 21

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Siwon strode behind Sungmin’s retreating form while Heechul kept Donghae and a very desperate Hyukjae busy at the café near the entrance or rather, the exit at this moment in time.

“Hey Sungmin-ah!” Siwon half yelled as he neared the shorter black-haired boy.

Sungmin paused and slightly flinched at the informal attempt the taller had thrown at him. It wasn’t that he wanted respect or anything like that. They were past all that since they were friends for more than a month now. But he had still not recovered from the unnecessary actions the other had pulled on his now late mother’s birthday party. He felt sad as he recalled his mother’s last night with him but soon calmed himself down so as not to cry in front of others. Moreover, his frustration was still not over and done with him.

He heard the hurried steps approaching him from behind and shut his eyes in pure aggravation as he took a deep sigh.

“Sungmin-ah! Thank God you finally stopped.” He heard the taller intern’s voice behind him whose voice was strained with panting. Sungmin didn’t bother to turn himself around to face the other. Noticing this, Siwon did the honours of going in front of the shorter boy and offered him a dimpled smile as he scanned Sungmin’s face with his eyes lovingly. “I was wondering if I could tag along with you to your apartment?” Siwon voiced his thought out for the boy in front of him to hear.

Sungmin softened at the look in the taller one’s eyes. No matter what, Siwon was after all a friend of his. He decided to talk to Siwon and clear things out with him and maybe, being alone with him for a while on his way to his previous home might be the chance he was waiting for. And hence, Sungmin nodded his head in approval, much to Siwon's delight.

They both made their way to the hospital exit when Donghae crashed into Sungmin from behind as he came running full speed to the two and this resulted in Sungmin falling into Siwon’s embrace.

Wow, what a scene. Heechul smirked at the sight and eyed Kyuhyun who had just made his presence in the reception area. Heechul was the only one who had noticed the pharmacist —who had stiffened at the scene displayed outside the hospital entrance. I must thank Jungmo for breaking up with me at a time like this. This is much more fun than brooding over a failed relationship. His grin widened as he kept looking to and fro the scene outside where a scarlet-red faced short boy was unconsciously engulfed by none other than Heechul’s own taller best friend while a very stiffened and angry pharmacist was glaring daggers standing from the reception towards that particular best friend of his.

Donghae hadn’t bothered to apologize and got to his point straight on. “Why are you leaving without me?!” Donghae had started to whine.

“Donghae-ah, Nari-ssi is waiting for you. You should go and have your lunch by the time I get my remaining stuff from the flat.” Sungmin calmly explained. He was really good at restraining his frustration from showing. He wasn’t frustrated at people. He was frustrated at his lack of sleep.

“But Siwonnie is going with you.” Donghae was pouting and both Heechul and Hyukjae were melting at the sight—how could you not expect the desperate surgeon following the hyperactive intern as a love-struck puppy?

And Heechul had good eyesight….

“Hae, please?” Sungmin gave his best friend an appealing look, matching the pout of the brunette.

Donghae pouted more at that and dejectedly said, “Okay. Only because you are cute and tired am I giving up. I’ll save your portion of food so don’t be late.” Donghae finished as his pout never left his thin lips.

Someone stop that surgeon from melting please.

However, Heechul was enjoying the raged expression on the senior pharmacist’s face; who wasn’t so subtle to hide his clenched fists and flaring nostrils.

Both Sungmin and Siwon bowed to the surgeon since he was a senior despite his actions shouting otherwise, and started crossing the road carefully.

Someone give Kyuhyun a pair of binoculars please. He’ll get a sprain in his neck by the intensity of stretching he’s doing to look at the duo crossing the road from his spot.

Or he’ll get a neck as long as a giraffe’s…

“Be careful Sungmin-ah.” Siwon said as he carefully crossed the road along with the shorter boy; his right hand resting on Sungmin’s waist. Sungmin politely removed Siwon’s hand off his waist and smiled at the boy as he crossed the road successfully. Siwon realized his unconscious action and blushed out of embarrassment and followed Sungmin across the road.

They reached just on time and got into the green bus that had been waiting for all the passengers to get in. Luckily, the bus wasn’t packed filled hence both Siwon and Sungmin were able to grab the seats at the backside. Siwon sat next to Sungmin who had claimed the window seat as a habit.

“I’ll be seeing your old home for the first time today.” Siwon tried to start a conversation to which Sungmin just smiled politely. Sungmin was contemplating on how to start the actual talk with his friend without embarrassing anyone in the process.

“Siwon-ssi,” Siwon flinched at the seriousness and formality Sungmin used with that one word alone. “I hope this doesn’t embarrass either of us, but I really need to talk to you about something.” Sungmin faced Siwon with uncertainty. Siwon felt his heart race. He somehow felt like he knew what the other wanted to talk about.

“This is about the evening we held umma’s party.” Sungmin began the serious talk. He was refraining himself from crying upon mentioning his mom’s last night because he really had to get done with feeling awkward around Siwon if Siwon had no such intentions as Sungmin and Donghae had started suspecting.

And Siwon felt cold sweat breaking on his forehead. Good thing he could use the warm weather as an excuse.

“Siwon-ssi—”

“Can you please drop that ‘ssi’? We are friends and I don’t want you to be formal with me. Address me informally as you address Donghae hyung.” Siwon cut Sungmin’s sentence midway.

Sungmin sighed at that. “I can’t do that unless and until I clear this out with you. Why did you hug me from behind out of the blue that evening? And what was the need to kiss me on my cheek after that? And why were you having a cold war with Doctor Kyuhyun?” Sungmin finally spoke his mind out. He was still very angry at the pharmacist about the forced kiss but Siwon or anyone else didn’t really need to know that. Hence he kept his calm while throwing his questions at Siwon.

“Did you hate it?” Siwon looked into the doe-like eyes of the boy he was crushing on, looking for any discomfort the shorter could show upon hearing the question. And he sure did find that emotion in the other’s eyes. He felt dejected but he still waited for the response whatsoever.

“I was uncomfortable. To be honest, don’t get me wrong but; I thought you had feelings for me in a way a boy shouldn’t be having on the other boy. Please tell me I’m wrong.” Sungmin had that pitiful yet hopeful look in his eyes that Siwon couldn’t help himself from saying,

“Don’t worry. I was just teasing you with that sudden hug and kiss. As for how I acted around Doctor Kyuhyun; that was because I just don’t like him genuinely.” Siwon put on a very bright smile on his face which Sungmin didn’t notice was anything but real. Sungmin’s reaction calmed Siwon.

Sungmin smiled brightly, showing his rabbit-like front teeth, “I’m so relieved! I’m glad I cleared this out with you. To be honest, I was scared I’ll lose another friend; especially you, because I really feel close to you as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter