Chapter 13

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was waiting for Sungmin in the cafeteria. It was going to be the last day of the month on Monday, two days from now and Sungmin had been very excited about the whole issue. After all, he was going to get transferred to the outpatient department starting the next week and that meant that he would finally get to experience the joys of dispensing, counselling the patients —and getting released from his current preceptor, he wanted to add; but Donghae had done the job of pronouncing that out loud already.

There was one more thing that had been making Sungmin go all happy and giddy but deep down, he was sad for the same reason too. It would be his mom’s forty-second birthday on the first of June; her last birthday. The two boys had decided to plan something big for her despite her wanting to keep it low.

However at the moment, Sungmin was nowhere to be found in the cafeteria. Donghae had been waiting for his —self-proclaimed— best friend for about ten minutes now. He looked at random people in the cafeteria with a very bored out expression and bent down to capture the straw between his lips and on it by contracting the lip and cheek muscles, feeling the bliss of his chocolate milkshake going down his oesophagus. He liked to think using the medical terminologies. He believed he could outshine the medical interns and arrogant doctors if he would think in a more sophisticated manner.

This chocolate flavoured and collared fluid descending through my oesophagus tastes like perfect heaven. He blissfully thought. I must add this in the ‘Must drink’ list for the party on Monday. He seriously nodded his head at his own words as he made that mental note. It was the last day of the week and the staff cafeteria was flooded with so many people that Donghae just awed at the amount of staff the cafeteria could fit in —all while dreamily drinking his milkshake.

He was so immersed in his observation that he failed to notice how a pair of chocolate brown orbs watched him with dazed expression and decided to finally take an initiative to strike some decent conversation with the brunette; who had been occupying one of the many tables in the cafeteria.

“Ex—” the voice of someone clearing their throat resonated from above the shorter male’s head. “Excuse me.” He heard again and innocently looked up at the slightly taller guy standing next to his table. He released the straw from between his teeth and blinked at the guy like a little lost kid. “I…” the taller guy cleared his throat again, “Can I sit here?” he saw the stranger talk again. Donghae continued to blink in confusion.

“You want me to go from here?” he asked puzzled. I have been sitting here ever since so this should be my seat until I decide to get off it myself. He scowled at his thought. He eyed at the stethoscope peeking out from the guy’s lab coat pocket and furrowed his eyebrows even further. “It seems like I finally encountered an arrogant MBBS degree holder.” He spoke out, loud and clear.

It was so loud and clear that Hyukjae —yes, that was him— visibly gulped his saliva in. The bubbly, happy-go-lucky, bouncy male had just turned cold towards him. What did I do now? the thought crossed his mind.

“But I’m not arrogant.” Hyukjae pouted. Donghae cocked an eyebrow at those words.

“You’re an MBBS professional. You have to be arrogant!” he was so sure.

“Yes, I’m a surgeon. But No! I’m not arrogant!” Hyukjae childishly whined.

“You sure?” Donghae tried to confirm to which Hyukjae hastily nodded his head at such a speed, one could think he was getting seizures… “But you asked if you could sit here, which means you want me to get up from this chair and leave.” Donghae added, proud about his theory all along.

“Yes, I did ask if I could sit here. But I never said you have to get up from here so that I could sit. It meant that I could sit next to you or across you.” The way Hyukjae was profusely pouting and trying to prove his innocence was such a sight one could only assume as the one seated to be the senior while the one standing clad in white coat was the intern under the other. But truth was just the other way around.

“Are you sure you didn’t mean what I thought you meant but meant what you thought you meant and I mistook your meaning and didn’t understand what you meant?” honestly speaking, I’m as confused about what Donghae meant by that whole nonsense; just like neither of the two understood. But Donghae had pride to not acknowledge his nonsense in front of the other medical specie. However, Hyukjae still nodded at the shorter boy uncertainly. “In that case, hello! I’m Lee Donghae!” the child in Donghae was back.

Did I just stumble upon another bipolar case? However, the thought quickly left him as he took a seat across the other boy and the said boy offered his most blinding, crooked smile that sent warm tingly feelings through the older guy’s heart. I guess I can handle one more bipolar sample in my life as long as it is this happy pill I’m talking about. “Hi. Lee Hyukjae is the name.” he confidently introduced himself.

“Whose name?” Donghae confusedly inquired.

“My name. My name is Lee Hyukjae”

“You didn’t have to complicate that introduction.”

Hyukjae was quite flabbergasted at how daunting – stupid, actually – Donghae’s retorts were.

“I was just –” he took a deep, dejected sigh. It’s okay, Hyukjae. You can handle this. He was at loss of words anyway.

However, Donghae’s frown soon turned into a wide grin, “I like your style though.” taking the older male by surprise; and they shook hands finally, sending waves of electricity through the taller doctor’s palms.

He’s a bit childish, but not bad for some innocent entertainment. I can feast my eyes on this eye candy without any guilt now. I swear I’ll not corrupt him, hopefully.

………………………………………………………………….

 

“Siwon-ssi, how about we go shopping at evening?” Sungmin asked without looking at the guy walking beside him as he kept scanning the list in his left hand and kept typing something on his cell phone. Siwon was so lost in observing the former th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter