Chapter 20

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days after the burial; which was Friday; Sungmin returned back to the hospital. He had spent the previous day shifting to Donghae’s place after the whole family of three showed up at the door of his apartment and literally started packing his stuff up to move in with them despite him rejecting the offer whatsoever.

Stubborn and hyperactive family, the Shin Family. It was strange how Donghae had the surname as Lee while his parents shared Shin as their family name. Turns out that Donghae’s grandfather; who also happened to be Nari’s father, wanted his grandson to carry the surname. Hence, Lee Nari turned Mrs. Shin while Donghae got the ‘Lee’ attached to his name instead. Wait….

I got distracted again.

Anyways, Donghae was very, very, very…Hang on. His excitement can’t be expressed with more ‘very’. The boy was beyond that.

And thanks to that overwhelming excitement thrown at Sungmin throughout the whole night until the early morning —5:25am— Sungmin was exhausted and beat tired.

Again, it is an understatement. Throw another extreme word for exhausted and Sungmin would definitely match with it. Because not only was his sleep denied off him the previous night, but his three nights had passed without that particular sleep either.

And Sungmin was cranky.

For the reason as that, he was definitely not in the frame of mind to confront his culprit who went by the name of Doctor Cho Kyuhyun.

No matter how intense of a thought Sungmin gave to come up with any reason sensible enough for the older to suddenly kiss him out of the blue and steal his very first kiss, he still found it absurd.

I’m a boy! He had thought again and again. And he’s a male too!

He rung the first bell and entered the I.V. and TPN’s primary room.

He was brooding as he grabbed a new sealed packet of the surgical gown and the dark blue plastic shoe covers from the white cabinet and noticed his bag lying just in the very corner of the same cabinet. That bag reminded him of the reason he had left it behind with his cell phone inside to begin with. And his mood was ratty some more.

However, he didn’t know Kyuhyun had been stalking him with his eyes through the glass refrigerator in between the two rooms.

Kyuhyun was ogling at the shorter brooding and cranky male like a little kid at the candy shop who had been denied to have any candies by his parents.

Sungmin washed his hands thoroughly before drying them and wearing the latex gloves and then, ringing the second bell after which he put on his surgical mask on his face.

Kyuhyun hurried back to his table-place where the computer system was showing different windows displaying the progress of the infusion each nutrient was being used in. He pretended to be calculating the amount of nutrients and minerals required to be infused in the TPN infusion bag for the next preparation—which he had calculated long ago.

Sungmin frowned the very moment he saw his preceptor working nonchalantly.

How can he act so indifferently after doing that to me? Oh man, Sungmin was cantankerous big time.

“Oh! You are back intern Sungmin.” Kyuhyun spun on his chair and acted like he had not noticed the short intern.

So the two rings of the bells landed on the deaf ears? Umm… did I say that Sungmin was in a bad mood?

“Yes.” Sungmin’s reply couldn’t have been drier. And it was his very first time to have sounded like that to anyone.

Kyuhyun felt guilty needles pricking at his heart, though his ego was starting to get hurt by the dry treatment.

“You were absent for two days. Any specific reason?” Tell me about your mother’s death, please. He was internally begging. Did you hear that? He was begging! Though internally but still!

“I reported the reason to the authority. They are the ones I need to report to.” Sungmin replied with the same tone he had used earlier.

Though Kyuhyun's guilt was big, his ego was bigger. And he was suppressing his ego from lunging at the boy. Was Sungmin boring daggers into the pharmacist through his gaze? Kyuhyun felt he saw some of it leave the interns eyes. He couldn’t believe it though. I might be hallucinating again.

“I do not expect my interns to be rude to me.” He simply stated as he scrutinized the intern who had now moved to the other laminar hood that was tad bit away from Kyuhyun, and started opening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter