Chapter 5

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The much anticipated break by Siwon, Kyuhyun and Sungmin was just five minutes from striking 11:30. All three had special reasons to look forward to it. Where Siwon was anticipating it to know Sungmin better for reasons he hadn’t really known himself, Kyuhyun was eager to spend another thirty minutes of the day with the intern he had developed a very strong and indescribable attraction for while, Sungmin wanted to fill his stomach and relax.

The minute hand 11:30 and the three finally left for the staff cafeteria; Sungmin literally ran towards the elevator that would take him to the thirteenth floor of the hospital and finally to the —as he described it to his mom previously— heavenly cafeteria. He badly needed this break to get over the harsh treatment and snarky comments he had been showered with by his pharmacist-in-charge after the incident in the outpatient pharmacy was witnessed by the latter. What he didn’t really comprehend was,

Why is he behaving so harshly when the pregnant lady in the emergency received the emergency medication on time and didn’t really reach the stage of developing eclampsia? That thought hadn’t left him all through the past two hours of the strong torture he was putting up with.

Kyuhyun, on the other hand; was still dealing with his own mood swings and anger but the view of Sungmin literally running to the elevator and coming across Siwon in it without even waiting for Kyuhyun to get into that little box was just fuelling his anger further.

By the time Kyuhyun reached the staff cafeteria (alone, he added in his mind), Siwon and Sungmin were already getting their orders handed over by the kitchen helpers. And the sight of Sungmin being all chirpy and Siwon not-so-secretly smiling —according to Kyuhyun— at the shorter male just further amplified the frustration meter of his temper. All he could think of was that his intern was too happy around Siwon for his own good. Well, he assumed so would be more proper to say. He didn’t know that the happiness exhibited in the former’s body language was due to the food in his tray.

He watched the two as they headed to an unoccupied table and settled on two of the respective chairs across each other.

Calming his torrid and extremely steaming mind down, he approached the food counter and ordered himself a cup of Americano along with two cheese croissants, paid for them and stomped to the place he had been eyeing even before he had stepped into the cafeteria.

“Hey buddy. Slow down the hormones and walk with your usual calm demeanour.” And he inwardly groaned at his best friend’s sudden appearance which nearly caused him to drop his tray in shock.

“Can you at least inform me before getting all ninja? God! I can’t believe I lose my rationality of acting around you. And I don’t mean it in a good way therefore stop giving me that creepy gummy smile.” His frown deepened but he nevertheless kept walking towards the oblivious interns who were in one of the tables in a corner.

Giving a glance to the food counter behind him, “You go ahead and I’ll get my strawberry cheesecake and milk and join you three.” Hyukjae turned serious all of a sudden and ditched his best friend to go and fetch himself some of his strawberry obsession.

Somehow, he suddenly calmed down knowing that his precious thirty minutes with his intern weren’t completely ruined by the other intern he had started detesting unconsciously; the intern seated across his intern at the very moment.

“Hey~ I’m joining you both as well!” and he saw a very hyper and exceedingly bouncy male plopping on a chair between Sungmin and Siwon…and he groaned.

He eyed the only vacant chair left on the left side of Sungmin and the right of Siwon and scampered to claim the chair with long and quick steps before someone else could show up and claim it.

“Ahem ahem” he faked a cough as he stood beside Sungmin to take a seat. But the one who got his attention wasn’t the boy who was intently eating and stuffing his mouth with whatever he found on his plate. Instead, it was the one who had been intently observing the former with shy smiles.

Oh! The hyperactive Donghae had noticed the pharmacist too.

“Ahem!” Kyuhyun made sure his cough this time was loud enough to grab his intern’s attention. He didn’t really bother about the unnecessary attention he had been getting from the others on that table though, and those next to it. However, he still failed to achieve his purpose.

Sensing the atmosphere, Siwon slowly reached out to the boy across him —who had been enjoying his food like he had been starving since decades— and got a hold of his left hand that was about to stuff his already filled mouth with a sip of fresh pumpkin juice.

…Something flickered within Kyuhyun, a fire probably; upon witnessing the innocent skin contact.

Upon feeling Siwon’s touch on his hand, Sungmin finally looked up and away from his food and looked at Siwon with a blessed face. Nevertheless, the bliss was short-lived as Siwon directed his eyes to the person standing next to him, and Sungmin’s expression fell.

“If you have stuffed your face enough for the tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter