Chapter 19

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was restless, way too restless. He had been waiting for Sungmin to show up since an hour and a half already. The entire time he had been waiting for the younger went by with him anticipating the first bell to

Just ring, damn it!

Did I scare him off too bad with the sudden kiss? But he was at fault! If not for mocking at me unconsciously, I wouldn’t have lost my control. But….

I want to taste his lips again.

They were so soft, so luscious, so plump, so juicy. Though he did not kiss me back, it was still the best kiss I ever had.

He then remembered the slap he received after the intern was forced kissed by him and his thoughts turned from fluffy to angry.

He shouldn’t have slapped me though.

Idiot forgot he was slapped because he stole the other’s first kiss.

Oh right, I stole his first kiss.

Congratulations, guess he got his memory back.

His thoughts were filled with Sungmin, Sungmin, Sungmin and add some more Sungmin in the list please.

With thoughts filled with his unknown (to him, obviously) obsession, he was dissolving Vancomycin powder in the glass vials using the water for injection in a sterilized injection.

And he waited some more.

I miss him.

 

The break was approaching with just a minute more to go.

He was sitting and mindlessly looking at the laminar hood and then he simply shifted his gaze to his other surroundings, finally resting his eyes at the surgical table just next to the laminar hood where Sungmin was now sticking the labels on the infusion bags with the same look of discomfort and a pout.

A pout? Wait, he’s here?

He was about to reach his hand out to the figure but his fingers grazed the thin air. And just like that, the figure disappeared.

Conclusion. He had been imagining the shorter intern.

Great. Now I’m hallucinating as well. He scowled at his own thought but then remembered the kiss he had with the intern just less than twenty-four hours ago.

….which also reminded him to check the time —10:15am.

“. I wasted fifteen minutes of my break.” He loudly cursed —since really, nobody was going to listen to him anyways as he was the only living human in the room at the moment— and sprang off his chair, successfully stripping himself off the protection materials as he reached the main entrance; or exit; and running out of the I.V. and TPN preparation room.

“If only I had his cell phone number…” and that’s when it clicked to him about seeing the abandoned or to be more specific, forgotten pink bag of the intern lying on one of the cabinets of the same room in the I.V. and TPN department he had just exited.

And that creepy leer was half back on his lips. You know what he thought of, right?

He quickly dialled his useless best friend since he knew that if anyone knew about Sungmin’s whereabouts, it would be either Donghae; for his own best friend was clearly pretty beaten up by the other shorter intern; or Sungmin’s mother.

Sungmin’s mother!

Right! He could just go and check for him in the cancer patient ward on the fifth floor. He was finally getting his lost senses back.

As he rushed to the elevators to go to the fifth floor, his friend’s voice boomed through the device pressed against his right ear.

“I’m waiting for you at the cafeteria, bastard.”

“Stop whining and listen. Since I know how beaten you are by that short brunette of a pharmacist intern, you should be knowing where his best friend; who also happens to be my intern; is. Ask him, if he’s with you.”

“Firstly, stop beating around the bush and simply say you are on your quest to search your treasure called Sungmin.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at that. “And secondly, Donghae isn’t in the hospital as far as I’m concerned.” Kyuhyun could identify the sudden sorrow in the surgeon’s voice. Kyuhyun didn’t mind much about the brunette’s absence. However, another question clicked in his genius of a mind.

“What about your intern, that horse like Choi Siwon?” Kyuhyun grunted at the nickname he had just recently invented for the said medical intern. Since when did I start nicknaming people?

The elevators dinged and the doors opened up to a long hallway with many baby-blue coloured rooms on each side. He had arrived at the fifth floor, the cancer ward.

“It’s very weird but he did not come to the hospital either.” He heard his best friend’s uncertain reply. Now this was something he had not been expecting.

“Why is it weird?” Kyuhyun asked with his right eyebrow hoisted up. He was reaching his destination, Sungmin’s mother’s room. He was nervous to face her after what happened the day before yesterday at her birthday party. No matter what, he had come to respect the lady a lot and the way she had been literally reading him that day and the way he reacted towards her son and his friend in front of her was not something he had wanted her to see.

“Because he never skips. And what is even weirder is that Doctor Choi has not attended the hospital today along with his son.”

At that, Kyuhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter