Chapter 4

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being brought up in an upper class household, the brunette pharmacist was usually an elegant, exquisite drinker who enjoyed the expensive wine as the soothing sound of jazz filled his ears every evening. But tonight was different. Tonight, he was experiencing a whirlpool of emotions that had filled his day.

The loud music booming and the multicoloured lights flashing in the dimmed club weren’t enough to calm the anger of the young pharmacist down. He was nowhere near drunk yet as he downed another shot of the vodka he had ordered the bartender to prepare.

He opted for tasteless vodka and a loud, noisy club instead of the sophisticated wine and soothing jazz. Something was definitely off.

How could you do this to your family, Cho Kyuhyun! And when were you planning on coming out of the closet!?

He gulped another shot in one go as he recalled the words his father had spat on him after his return to home earlier that evening.

Sungmin. My name is Lee Sungmin, doctor.

And he smiled at the memory he recalled.

“Hey buddy! I somehow expected to find you here.” A hand was felt on his left shoulder as the owner of the said hand seated himself on the vacant chair on the pharmacist’s left.

“After my parents witnessing us making out in front of my porch last evening, where else do you think I’d head to with all the on-going drama at home?” the trademark smirk of the pharmacist made its way to his lips.

“Yeah, right. I have been through the same experience years back. Though I don’t suffer with the drama at home anymore, I miss those people in some way. You are lucky you have your folks alive at least.” A sad smile surfaced on the person’s lips. “Anyways, I can see there is more to it than just the drama going on at your place. What is it, Kyu?” he added on as he gestured the bartender to prepare him a mocktail.

“Nothing special.” was the only reply Kyuhyun got off his mouth as he gulped another shot of his vodka. He was drinking heavily, but he wasn’t drunk yet.

“Don’t ‘nothing’ me. I’m your best friend. Making out with each other once doesn’t change that.” He eyed the other suspiciously. “Furthermore, the moment I find you in a place like this, I know things aren’t going the way Mr. Perfect wants them to.”

“Okay. I met a cute and a very innocent guy today. And I’m strangely attracted to him at first sight.” He managed to huff as he bit on a sour lemon piece.

“Are you talking about the intern you were accompanied by today?” the gummy smile slowly started to spread on the one who asked the question, slowly getting the hint of the whole situation.

“How did you know?”

“I’m the doctor in the same hospital and I was having my break at the same time as you, duh.” A smirk crept up the gummy smile.

“You really notice me a lot, Hyukjae. Are you sure you don’t have a thing for me?” this time, the signature smirk was back on Kyuhyun’s lips as the smile was wiped off Hyukjae; scowl replacing that gummy smile altogether.

“You wish. It wasn’t even me who kissed you! You forced your weird lips on me ‘cause you wanted to see if you really were in a closet or were just going through a phase.” Hyukjae’s frown deepened. “And just to make it clear, I don’t do annoying, arrogant best friends.” he poked his tongue out so as to tease his best friend. Removing the straw that was hindering his sweet drinking time, he took a sip from his mocktail. “That kiss wasn’t even worth the entire fiasco that resulted afterwards. Your parents weren’t fond of me in the past and now they witnessed that debacle last evening. I’m banned at your place for life; that I know for sure.” he added distastefully, shooting an abhorred look at the other.

“Jokes apart, are you serious about this whole heart fluttering thing you’re talking about? Don’t go around breaking another heart by playing with it till you get bored.”

“Not planning to, this time around.” a sigh escaped his lips. “Can you believe; for once, I’m totally ignorant of my desires? Heck! It’s not girls I’m talking about anymore. And I felt I was gay or bi but never had I felt that attraction towards men as I’ve felt this morning towards that boy.” his voice had started getting indistinct as the effect of the alcohol finally started taking a toll on the twenty-six year old pharmacist.

“What are you planning next? Are you going to act on your weird attraction or are you going to be as discreet as I had been initially?”

“It’s no more about ‘Am I going to.’ It’s more about, ‘How am I going to.’ now.” and another gulp of vodka in one go was downed by the pharmacist as a smirk laced at his plump lips and his hazy eyes lost focus, with him finally collapsing on the counter. A sigh escaped his best friend’s lips,

“I really pity the person he’s set his eyes on. You should have at least made clear about what you meant with that last line. Anyways, time to get you home buddy.” and he struggled to carry the unconscious one on his back all the way to his ride after paying for the countless drinks the former had consumed.

I can’t believe I’m spending on this arrogant bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter