Chapter 25

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the last week of the second month and Hyukjae was taking the medical interns under him on a round of the trauma and accident unit. And his team included Siwon as well since he was directly Siwon’s personal preceptor. When it came to his profession, he was a true professional and this meant that no matter what his best friend’s relationship or rivalry status with one of his intern’s was, he wouldn’t let that affect him while on duty. Hyukjae was so into his work and teaching that Donghae’s arrival to the area along with other outpatient pharmacy interns following a random pharmacist was gone totally unnoticed by him.

Donghae had never thought he’d be witnessing a very serious and professional side of Hyukjae ever. To him, the older surgeon was always someone who could match his own energy and sugar. But the new side of this very surgeon highly impressed him.

He looks cool! He was gawking at the surgeon with astonishment.

The storage of emergency medications and refilling of those that were fast moving medications got no attention from Donghae. His precious attention was all on the now cool surgeon who was busy instructing the interns on how to deal with an accident case.

No, Donghae wasn’t gay either.

Suddenly, the whole unit was in chaos as an emergency case of victims in a big truck crash disarrayed the whole atmosphere.

“All the surgeons are requested to report to the emergency department immediately. I repeat, all the surgeons are requested to report to the emergency department immediately.” The loud announcement through the loudspeaker couldn’t go unheard by anyone in the entire hospital.

“Sorry young doctors but seems like our lesson ends here. You’re free to go.” Hyukjae hurriedly said and ran to report to the emergency department.

Donghae had been observing the whole scenario and he could wish for only one thing at the very moment,

Can I please get to see him playing a hero?

“Interns, seems like it is a lucky day for you all as learners. I just got the orders from the chief pharmacist to let three from amongst you to volunteer assisting the surgeons for this emergency. So, hurry up and decide who those three volunteers will be and the rest are free to call it a day.” The pharmacist said with a simple smile. He was already used to see all this hence the gory situation of blood and amputated limbs didn’t really bother him much.

I’d be a fool to bail out on this one. Wish Sungminnie was here too… Donghae quickly raised his hand to show that he was volunteering and two more random interns volunteered soon after Donghae initiated.

“Great. The others are free to leave or help out in the outpatient pharmacy. Now you three doctors,—” he pointed at Donghae and the other two interns, “—hurry up. We have to report to the emergency department too. Speed up your steps.” And the pharmacist took a flight towards the destined area, closely followed behind by the three interns.

 

………………………………………………………………….

 

Kyuhyun was actually busy explaining Sungmin on how to correctly prepare the magnesium sulphate injection since it was a high alert medication. And he was just done demonstrating when a very out-of-breath pharmacist rushed into the preparation room with just shoe-covers on.

“Doctor Kyuhyun, emergency. You are required in the trauma and emergency unit for the recent accident case.” The pharmacist didn’t need to tell much since Kyuhyun knew that when he was on call, the case was definitely a very complicated and serious one.

“I’ll report soon.” Kyuhyun nodded as he scurried off his chair in haste and took quick steps to the door after the pharmacist from earlier left as quickly as he had showed up. He turned around and watched a very confused Sungmin who was probably wondering what he was supposed to do now without his preceptor. “You can assist me if you want.” Kyuhyun offered Sungmin. Sungmin’s face lit up.

I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter