Chapter 49

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmin had decided to confess to his—yes, his; he realized it by now— Doctor Kyuhyun at an appropriate time.

Maybe it was cliché how the two couldn’t really spend time together, let alone with each other in privacy; so that Sungmin could confess his feelings to Kyuhyun but in all honesty, Kyuhyun really was extremely busy that whole Monday.

It was all thanks to the big emergency case falling upon them of primary school kids being poisoned by pesticides and the whole team of potential and expert health providers were all busy and worried at solving the case the sooner they could manage, if not solve it at the very least and try saving those precious little lives. And not really knowing which particular pesticide or possibly, pesticides; had bestowed the emergency medical crisis upon them had been proving to be an even bigger challenge to them.

And it goes without saying that one of the most capable pharmacists who went by the name of Doctor Cho Kyuhyun had been one among those in the team of the health providers, along with the Chief pharmacist.

Sungmin’s world was filled with pouts and more pouts that whole day. Oh, include long and continuous sighs in the list too. After all, he was finally in love and he was nervous yet excited to confess his love to his preceptor and now that he was about to confess after going to that unforgettable date he had with the other, it seemed like the whole world had planned to keep Kyuhyun away from him before he could bring up the nerves to confess!

Just when the day was up and Sungmin’s day of the training had gotten over —he had been helping out other pharmacist the whole day— he decided that he would not leave the hospital without speaking to Kyuhyun.

He had decided to man up!

Sungmin was sitting on a chair near the wall, facing Kyuhyun’s office room. He had been waiting since past two hours now but there was no sign of Kyuhyun whatsoever.

He saw Kyuhyun rushing into the office in lightning speed and before the intern could even approach the taller senior pharmacist, Kyuhyun dashed out of his office without even closing the door and ran to the elevators using the same speed he had come with; all while carrying a BNF in his hand.

Maybe he’s too busy at the moment. I’ll wait for him some more then. He thought to himself.

Seeing the opened office door, Sungmin decided to wait for the elder inside instead of becoming the attention and talk of those passing by, by sitting out; which he had already started to become, by the way.

He entered the room and closed the door from inside, scanning the room and reminiscing how he had entered the very same room almost three months back; when Kyuhyun was still that arrogant and PMSing preceptor of his who had bombarded him with evaluation questions he had never known were supposed to be answered with what answers. But he had managed to answer almost all of those questions in his second try in this very same room.

He remembered the room was kind of different back then. Examining the wall across Kyuhyun’s office table, he concluded that it was reconstructed and repainted since there was still some sign of dent visible on it.

He also noticed that almost every furniture in the room was different from the last time he had come here. Paperholder, the chairs, the table, penholder and whatnot; they were all new.

Maybe all the offices had a renovation. He simply assumed.

He was inspecting Kyuhyun’s office to pass time until Kyuhyun would finally come back. After all, the latter had to retrieve his bag and laptop case. So there was no way Sungmin couldn’t meet him then, right?

Right. He thought with determination while giving off a hard determined nod.

But maybe, God really didn’t want him to confess to Kyuhyun today.

The last meal he had was at ten in the morning and he had now skipped his lunch considering it was way past lunch time; four in the evening to be precise. Skipping his meal for more than three to four hours had striked him with his previously controlled anaemic attack.

He lost consciousness behind the big couch.

And no, he didn’t get that stupid yet much needed consciousness back even when Kyuhyun tiredly entered his office after extra three hours of dealing with the case.

The taller was too worried about many things but the priority was his intern. He was worried about missing out on his daily dose of Sungmin and the first thing that came to his mind while approaching the door to his office was, I should rush to Sungmin’s house. And hence he dashed to his table to retrieve his stuff and rush to Sungmin’s house to meet the male who had trapped his heart and peace of mind since past three months now.

Seriously, can’t they have just have a confession to each other normally? Why are so many obstacles in a day required just to get across a confession from Sungmin to Kyuhyun?

Coming back to the pharmacist who was in a hurry to get to Sungmin’s house, he exited his office in haste and locked his cabin on the way; hurrying towards his car that he had parked in the usual spot allotted for him.

Maybe, the unexpected rain pouring down and hitting the windowsills of his car he was seated in was indicating him not to go; not to leave the hospital yet.

Maybe, after keeping the two apart for the whole day, God felt pity towards them and decided to help them out once again.

And maybe, his phone was a medium of the two getting together again that evening as when he dug his pocket to fish out the electronic device to inform at Sungmin’s new smartphone about his supposed arrival to their house, he remembered he had actually dumped it in hurry on the big couch of his cabin when the emergency announcement through the speakers had caught him off guard.

Scurrying back into the hospital and then to his locked office door with rain water dripping off him from top to bottom, he clicked the lock open and ran to the big cream-colored couch, grabbing his smartphone with a bunch of dried tissues kept on his table and began rushing back to the exit of the room when he decided to give that pending call to Sungmin’s cell instead of delaying it till he got out of the hospital.

That’s when a faint vibration from behind the couch caught his sharp ears.

Curiosity getting the best of him; he went towards the big couch and rounded it, gasping upon coming across the sight of a very familiar and beautiful boy clad in pink plain shirt and khaki pants, lying on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter