Chapter 15

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He strode to the taller boy who was currently hugging the embarrassed, stark red cheeked shorter intern and threw a hard punch on that Choi Siwon.

Trust me; that was how Kyuhyun had wanted the scenario to be like. But Sungmin’s mother’s eyes were attentively watching him, studying him. And hence he forced the whole of his will power to subside that anger that was flaring within him.

I can’t spoil her last birthday. That thought had done the magic.

On the other hand, Sungmin was feeling way too uncomfortable than words could describe. First, his preceptor shows up at his mother’s birthday party without his knowledge. And it isn’t a secret of how much Sungmin enjoys his preceptor’s presence around him.

That was sarcastic by the way.

Then Siwon; who he was still formal with; sneaks from behind and back hugs him out of the blue. And Siwon’s surprise doesn’t stop there. He kisses his cheek! He freaking kisses his cheek! That was not supposed to happen! He is a boy! And Siwon is never someone to do something like this. The most embarrassing part was that it happened in front of everyone!

Well…. Sungmin’s thoughts are always extreme…like these exclamations.

Releasing himself from Siwon’s shocking embrace, Sungmin took his mom to the extreme corner of the room as he glanced at Kyuhyun—who had been shooting daggers at Siwon from his still standing position.

“Umma, what is Doctor Kyuhyun doing here?” his voice was dripping with confusion.

“I invited him; with Donghae’s help of course.” she gave him a very angelic smile. Sungmin was further than being confused.

“How did you come to know him? Did you meet him before today? If yes, then how did you meet? If no, then why did you invite him here? And why did he even agree to attend this party when he’s always so busy and…moody?” the last word was said more in a whisper.

His mother chuckled at her son. “Breath my baby, breath.” she covered with her right palm to prevent her girly giggles at her son’s rattled state. “I met him last week when he came to inspect my case. And I liked him genuinely. So, I did what every normal person does if they like someone and have a party being thrown. I invited him.” she said like it was the most natural thing to say and smiled again. She felt slightly dizzy at the exertion of emotions and Sungmin caught her just in time.

“Why are you not having your infusion on?” Sungmin’s expression turned sombre as he helped her reach her bed.

The guests noticed her change in health and both Kyuhyun and Siwon went forward to help the lady—Siwon was rather quicker to act as he was a little closer to the mother and son.

Oh boy, a pharmacist was flaring up somewhere in the room.

Giving his best to calm his anger down —again—, he went to where Sungmin, his mother and Siwon were. The others didn’t really need to help the lady since she was under the care of three people specialized in health care.

Kyuhyun was about to help her with reattaching the infusion tubing, when Siwon intruded again. “I’m a doctor, hence I’ll do it.” he looked at Kyuhyun with the same expression as he had done earlier. But it wouldn’t be Kyuhyun if he would just stay silent, right?

Right.

“You are an intern while I’m an experienced, capable, talented and successful doctor who guides and trains interns under him.” Kyuhyun was stressing on each and every quality of his like he was dropping venom and malevolence with every word he said directed to the medical intern.

And Sungmin was just watching them both back and forth; dumbfounded. So much to flaunt… he mocked at the two childish grownups without even realizing it.

As the two tall boys were busy with their mental clash, Sungmin had already brought in the nurse and was getting the infusion tubing reattached to his mom’s left hand.

“I hope you both start enjoying the small party now.” Sungmin’s mom’s chuckling voice broke the heated staring between the pharmacist and the medical intern. The amusement was so clear in her voice that both Siwon and Kyuhyun blushed at it in embarrassment. And Sungmin was astonished yet again.

My arrogant and cold preceptor blushes too? He should really start realizing that he unconsciously insults his preceptor every opportunity he gets.

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Sungmin gasped loudly at the informality his mother opted to while addressing his preceptor. “how have you been?” she continued. Kyuhyun felt a sort of happiness at the endearment.

“Umma, how can you talk to him so informally? He’s Doctor Cho Kyuhyun!” Sungmin gritted his teeth as he murmured softly in his mom’s left ear. However, Kyuhyun had heard him.

His mother chuckled again, “But I’ll be informal with him.” And Kyuhyun felt that same sense of happiness again. He was, no doubt, admiring the lady on the bed.

If only eomonie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter