Chapter 43

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed after that confession Siwon threw at Sungmin. The latter was gradually recovering from his injuries and the only recovery really left was his left ankle though his left wrist had kept hurting him slightly. Despite his speeding recovery, he wasn’t that happy for he had been wishing against all odds of reversing his decision he had announced to the two males; who had now been too eagerly courting him, trying to woo him and grab his heart. No, it wasn’t that he didn’t like them. He was mostly regretting what he had said because now, both Kyuhyun and Siwon were treating him like some fragile princess by bringing him flowers and chocolates and bouquets and whatnot and that was actually proving to be a big blow to the smaller male’s manly ego.

Nari’s excitement and enthusiasm to shove Kyuhyun on Sungmin again and again wasn’t helping on the other hand.

And Heechul was making sure Siwon was no way behind in courting Sungmin either.

That diva was giving some good competition to Nari.

So, Sungmin decided to finally calm his mind down by taking in some fresh air in the garden area of the hospital while being seated on his wheelchair. Yes, unfortunately, he still had to use that for the next a few days to let his leg heal completely. But he was free to go home now and rest there. A day more and he would be officially discharged from the hospital.

Nari had been by his side whenever he wanted to do things like those and she was always happy to do so— most of the time, she dumped Sungmin on Kyuhyun to watch her supposed gay romance bloom in front of her *Ahem Ahem*.

And alas, unknown to Sungmin, today was one of those days…

Nari cunningly took an excuse to use the female washroom as she abandoned Sungmin in the middle of the garden and quickly sent a message to Kyuhyun on her way to Donghae’s hospital room.

The reply from the taller pharmacist was as if almost on cue. On my way in 5! :D

I wonder if he’s not needed in his pharmacy anymore…

Sungmin was smiling at the display of affection in front of him between a few kids and their parents in the garden he was currently in.

He missed his time with his mother but he didn’t let the memories weaken him. Instead, he smiled at them as he recalled the vivid memories he had created with his mother all along.

“Oppa?” came a voice from behind him and he slightly craned his neck to the direction of the voice. The owner of the voice however didn’t let him make much effort hence rounded from behind him and stood in front of him with a slight smile.

Sungmin was confused at first but the smile on the other’s face turned brighter and wider as the owner of that now beaming smile leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on his right cheek.

“And that’s my second kiss to a boy.” the person’s smile got huge and shy with slight hues of red and pink adorning their cheeks.

Something clicked in Sungmin’s mind as he recalled the person standing in front of him. His eyes widened upon realization and he was quick to exclaim with, “Hyemi-ah!” with all smiles.

The five-year-old giggled in happiness and quickly wrapped her small arms around Sungmin’s neck, hugging him tight with all her might in hopes to transfer her happiness through the gesture into the boy she was currently hugging.

“Oppa I missed you! And I was so sad I couldn’t ask for your name back then.” She released the boy and her smile was replaced by a very cute pout. “What is your name, oppa?” she blinked and Sungmin chuckled at the cuteness.

Well… Kyuhyun had been watching the girl interacting with his love for some while and he didn’t want the girl to succeed in taking his love away from him. So, when the girl threw that question to Sungmin and Sungmin chuckled in response, the alarm made a loud ring in his mind.

Hell I’ll let him tell his name! I’ll call him instead and that’ll mean she didn’t get to hear his name from his own beautiful mouth!

Too immature to be called a pharmacist… to think that he is acting that way just because of a name…

It’s already bad enough to have Siwon competing against me to win my Minnie’s heart and now a five-year-old will not add in to my love problems! Heck she hugged him too! That little monster…

Mister Exaggerate, I see.

“Sungmin!” he exclaimed as he walked towards the said boy in an unusually fast pace. He looked at the little girl for a mere second and shifted his gaze back to Sungmin. The latter looked at him in confusion but unconsciously, the smile had still remained. “Nari-ssi told me to accompany you because Donghae needed her help for something.”

Sungmin’s smile was replaced with an uneasy pout all of a sudden as he realized he was indeed abandoned by Nari yet again.

And no, Kyuhyun hadn’t made up that excuse. Nari had efficiently helped him out with one.

Kyuhyun noticed the change in the expression and quickly diverted the topic. “Oh! What a cute little girl!” he exclaimed and kneeled down to Hyemi’s level. He knew Sungmin was looking at them so he tried to act friendly towards the girl despite imagining to strangle the little soul in his evil mind. Did I mention he was laughing darkly while doing so? In his mind, of course.

The scowl on the girl’s face brought him out of his; merry, if I may add; imagination and he inwardly returned it back with one of his own trademark scowls.

“What’s your name, cutie?” he asked with clenched teeth and a forced smile and gladly, Sungmin didn’t find anything odd about it.

“Kim Hyemi” she replied back in the same manner.

Oh, so she does tit for tat? Kyuhyun grimaced inwardly.

Hyemi gave her attention back to Sungmin. “I don’t like this ahjussi.” The scowl had remained but she soon smiled with twinkling eyes, “Let’s spend time together, oppa.” She happily clapped her hands as she hurried and gave another kiss on Sungmin’s right cheek. Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped at the audacity of the girl and he worriedly looked at Sungmin who was now chuckling at what the girl had said.

She.Freaking.Called.Me.An.Ahjussi!

And Kissed His Cheek!

Do I sense the volcanic eruption?

“Okay sweetie, let’s do that.” And Sungmin’s response ignited the flames even more. Kyuhyun, however, maintained his outer composure. Outer. Keep that in mind.

Hyemi beamed at the endearment and smugly looked at Kyuhyun as if telling him, “I’m winning this, old man.” Kyuhyun swore he read her mind when she showed him a teasing tongue.

Sungmin gave his attention back to his preceptor and worriedly asked, “Aren’t you supposed to be busy with outpatient pharmacy, Doctor Kyuhyun?”

Truth be told, Kyuhyun really was busy and had lots of things to do back in the pharmacy but the threat named Hyemi in the disguise of an angel was compelling him to stay with Sungmin no matter what.

Work can be taken care of by others. I can’t let my Minnie be alone with this devil! Who knows she’ll actually grow secret fangs and his blood dry like those vampires Hyukjae is obsessed with in English dramas? Or maybe, she’ll him! Oh no! I can’t let that happen! Over my deadbody!

No. he was never this immature. He was never so stupid and unrealistic. He had in fact never even considered fairy tales or those baseless vampire fantasies or anything before this whatsoever.

Oh boy, I never thought he would show me this side of him someday.

And so, a string of lies came out of his mouth with ease considering the supposedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter