Chapter 40

The one I lost my first kiss to...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari tiptoed into the room and silently pushed the curtains to the corners from the middle, letting the warm rays of the sun enter the white room and fall on the two sleeping males. Sungmin was sleeping on the bed while Kyuhyun was sitting on the chair and dozing off as his head rested on the small space on the bed near Sungmin’s legs. No doubt, the older male would be sporting a stiff neck and back after he wakes up from his slumber.

She couldn’t help but giggle at the sight and snuck a camera out of her pant pocket and clicked several snapshots of the two males.

Kyuhyun slightly moved a little in his sleep and started opening his eyelids slowly upon the warmth of the sunlight falling on his eyes.

He basically caught the fangirl clicking pictures red-hand but decided to ignore the crime. However, he definitely sat upright and corrected his pose so as to appear humble and charming to his supposed future in-law. Oh, his neck and back were stiff indeed though, the abrupt upright position causing them to make a cracking sound whatsoever.

But…He already got high expectations out of that kiss from the previous night? Wow…

Nari snickered and slowly approached the two where Sungmin was still busy playing sleeping beauty.

“Kyuhyun-ah, why don’t you wake your sleeping beauty up with a romantic lifesaving kiss?” she dreamily clasped her hands with her camera between them and started imagining the scene in that fangirl mind of hers.

Yes, Kyuhyun choked on his saliva upon her suggestion.

“E-excuse m-me?”

“Oh honey, don’t be such a shy boy.” She waved her right hand once in front of his face as if that was the most normal thing she had ever said. “You two were very hot last night. And don’t worry about your morning breath.” She magically produced a mint candy from her pant pocket and handed it in his right palm by force…gently. “I got this for you from the reception. Now, give that magic kiss to him in front of me.” Kyuhyun swore he would get blind by the intensity of the light emitting off her wide, dazzling smile.

It was creepy, by the way.

Kyuhyun was contemplating if he should obey her words or not. To be honest, it was tempting. But he didn’t want to steal another kiss of Sungmin’s without the latter’s consent.

However, Nari’s creepy yet scary grin was kind of working as an invisible push to his face towards Sungmin’s.

He gave one last pitiful look to Nari and looked back at Sungmin’s sleeping face, slowly standing off his chair and going towards Sungmin’s upper body. As he reached Sungmin’s face, he slowly leaned towards Sungmin’s beautiful sleeping face and timidly placed his lips on the plump, pink lips of the shorter boy, giving him a very short and chaste kiss.

Nari didn’t hold back her squeals this time around—Shindong wasn’t there after all— and that caused Kyuhyun to stumble back in astonishment. Well, at least Sungmin woke up from his sleep due to it.

“Awww… my little baby is up from his sleep. Now give your Prince charming a hot French kiss.” Yes. That was Nari.

“What!” and those were the two flabbergasted males.

“Don’t worry about the morning breaths,—” Fishing out another mint candy, “I’ve got lots of these for you two.” And that creepy grin of hers was freaking the two out.

 

………………………………………………………………….

 

Kyuhyun was feeding Sungmin another spoonful of the soup from the baby-blue coloured bowl that Nari had forced in his hands for Sungmin’s breakfast.

Oh boy, the two just wanted to dig up a hole and hide in it and blush to their hearts content. But that was basically useless since Nari always knew just where to spot them.

Yes, she was a deadly one.

But she knew when to give the two some privacy. Hence she handed the bowl to Kyuhyun and left the two while giggling like a maniac on loose.

Gulping another spoonful of the delicious soup that Nari had made, Sungmin looked up to Kyuhyun’s face, “Why did you not go to the pharmacy today?” he finally asked the question that he had wanted to ask ever since he woke up from his slumber.

Without even giving it another thought, “You are more important than work.” was what Kyuhyun had replied as he fed another spoonful to Sungmin.

Sungmin’s wide eyes made the older realize that he had thought that out aloud actually.

“I… I mean, it’s okay to skip once in a while.” Sungmin nearly choked on his soup upon hearing Kyuhyun’s answer.

“Are you really Doctor Kyuhyun?” he timidly asked.

“Y-yes. Why?”

“Because the Doctor Kyuhyun I know never skips work.” Sungmin innocently replied back.

What Sungmin said made Kyuhyun ponder on the thought too. It was true. As long as he remembers, he never allowed himself to skip or get late to his work but that started changing ever since his mind and heart started getting clouded with Sungmin, Sungmin and more Sungmin.

“Maybe, I have changed for good?” Kyuhyun reluctantly said. Sungmin gently shook his head.

“You have changed for good. There is no maybe in it.” And Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun’s heart was again busy doing summersaults.

Kyuhyun placed the spoon in the now empty bowl, set it aside on the overbed table and carefully removed the table away from Sungmin’s bed; successfully removing the furniture without hurting Sungmin’s dangling left leg. He then returned back to his seat next to the bed and looked at Sungmin’s eyes, trying to read Sungmin’s soul. He was above happy to finally look into those doe-like eyes without scaring the other. Lifting his slightly trembling right hand from his lap, he reached for Sungmin’s left cheek.

“I.. I can touch you now, right?” his voice evidently showed that he was nervous of the other’s reaction.

Sungmin merely nodded with a deep blush adorning his face. Kyuhyun heaved a sigh of r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter