Chapter 9- Fans and Friends

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV:

Our first fan meeting was quite crazy. I didn't expect quite as many people, but we were met by a mob of pink clad KissMe's as our van pulled up to the curb. Security guards had to hold them back as the crowded in trying to see us as we hopped out! I smiled and waved at them as I walked along which brought on screams of "Saranghae Kevin oppa!" and similar phrases for all the other members as we entered the back of the building. 

Our manager quickly shut and locked the doors behind us and herded us into the dressing room. "Okay guys behave yourselves and put on a good show for everyone. The seats sold out much more quickly than we anticipated, so next time we'll set up a larger venue if all goes well."

Later that evening.

I was still hyped up from the fan meeting, so I pulled out Hana's letter and started reading.

November 26, 2009

Dear Kevin,

First off happy belated birthday too you and thank you so much for the CD! I love it and have been listening to it pretty much non-stop. Mary thinks I'm crazy to like K-pop, but then again she likes country music while I don't -I guess we're even now! For my birthday she drew me a picture of your group, which was amazing and I sent along a picture of it.

I chuckled and thought to myself 'She really got bit by the K-pop bug. It would be interesting to see how much she would fan-girl at a fan meeting. Her friend is awesome at art -it almost looks like a photo with all of our heads photoshopped onto a background of a music staff, notes, and some stars.'

My friends surprised me with a really nice birthday party, which was great since I was feeling kind of homesick not getting Mom's cake for the first time. I was studying when the lights flicked off freaking me out, and then came in carrying a chocolate cake full of candles. Matt gave me some cute little flower earrings, which was really thoughtful, but the best present was his kiss. We took a walk to the park, bought some hot cocoa, ate some cotton candy even though we'd surpassed our sugar quotas for the day, rode the Merry-Go-Round, and then surprised me with a kiss.

'It sounds like she had a great birthday, but I hope she's not moving to fast with that Matt guy. I mean they haven't been dating very long and they've already kissed?' I thought as I read along.

I'm still jazzed up on sugar and can't sleep, but I'm almost wondering if the kiss is partly to blame. I know it shouldn't really be that way since this wasn't my first kiss, but it was so different than my other ones. I guess I'm just a little worried that now he'll start to push me for more than just kisses, but if he does I'll have to draw the line or say goodbye.

I sighed 'Great, just what I need. More girl talk, but at least I know Hana is still is using her brain.' 

Sorry I'm probably boring you, but Mary is driving me bonkers asking me "when our wedding's going to be" or "how far we're going to go" since Matt Kissed me. I know Mary's not a , but she doesn't have a right to tell me that I shouldn't save myself for marriage like I'm hoping to. Yes, it's a little old fashioned, but I made a promise to myself and my parents. That was probably TMI, but I feel like you're one of the only people I can talk to without worrying.

'That was definitely interesting....in an almost overly personal way, but I'm glad she's willing to and feels comfortable telling me things.' I thought.

How was your birthday? What have you been up to lately? Has anything interesting happened? Did Jae tell you about her visit?

Your Friend, 

Hana

'Well that was quite the letter, but I'm not sure how I want to respond to it? I mean sure I can tell her about my birthday and answer her questions, but as far as responding to the content I'm a bit lost. Girls can be so weird sometimes!' I thought as I dug through the rest of the package she sent. I pulled out some pizza flavored combos 'Sweet! I haven't had these for ages, but I'll have to hide them somewhere from Eli.' and a warm grey and blue knitted scarf with blue K's knitted onto the ends. 'This will come in handy when going outside.' I thought to myself.