Chapter 34- Letters of Life

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin’s POV

I got a letter from Hana the day before we left for yet another event and we were flying on the airplane when I opened her letter to read it. The guys all got their little letters from Hana too that I distributed to each of them. The guys kept teasing me that I should stop being such a player talking to two girls at once, but what can you do when you have a girlfriend and another friend that’s a girl? Girls and guys can just be friends right?

April 18, 2009

Dear Kevin,

Thanks again! You’re too kind. I’m glad you trust your friends and their little letters are a lot of fun to receive. Alexander always cracks me up with his jokes! Hehe, I’m glad my assessment of Soohyun was quite accurate, and I’m glad to hear he’s got the right attitude when it comes to not only lead you all but hopefully in Love someday. I’m getting to know all the guys a little bit better with every letter -It’s nice becoming friends with your friends and co-workers.

You sure do sound busy! Again, I cannot stress that you shouldn’t underestimate your popularity and success so far. I can understand your frustration about working hard and not getting the recognition or prize you think you deserve. Remember that science fair when we were kids and how I worked so hard on my project about creating a liquid that would test the acidity of various household substances? I was so disappointed that I didn’t even place, and do you remember how I cried like a baby? I can imagine you must feel that way now.

It sure is hard to say if you had debuted sooner or a year later if you’d be more popular or not. You’re right there were a lot of talented and popular groups that debuted the same year as you. Don’t apologize for the rant! We all need to rant sometimes and I know it’s not easy trying to spill your heart out to your family or friends that you see all the time sometimes. There’s times I don’t spill to Mary or my sister Jae because, like you said, they just wouldn’t seem to get no matter how close I am with them.

That makes sense about the ginseng candy! Korean culture is pretty big on respecting authority and parents, so I can understand how you wouldn’t want to offend your manager by being “impudent”. It sounds like you probably will enjoy the chili candies, but thanks for being willing to take my advice on them. I’d love to try the walnut candies, but take your time because I know you’re super busy right now.

I remember all those easter hunts and being so delighted opening the eggs to find the Jelly Nougats, other candies, or money they held. It was like Christmas in Spring –almost! Don’t remind me about the bunny and chick costumes –ugh! I hope she doesn’t show that picture ever for my sake either. I’ve never shown Mary it and I’m sure she’ll pretty near keel over laughing at the sight of it. That must be so embarrassing having to cross dress because of your company. It has to be so hard doing things you don’t agree with in order to not get fired for you job. I don’t know if I could ever do that or how I would handle it if I was in your position.

It was very disconcerting to see him there, but he has made a huge change. He’s been attending CRU every week and has been asking a lot of questions. It seems like he’s either really thinking about accepting Christ into his life or has and just is trying to get his “footing” following God. I got Mary to attend CRU once this semester, but she seemed rather indifferent about it and didn’t want to really talk about it either. I wish Matt would come to CRU sometime too, but he’s always saying he’s busy or has practice whenever they’re meeting. Thankfully they did for you and keep shining your light brightly to others as much as you can. It is quite like a little campus ministry I’ve got going on isn’t it? I never really thought of it that way before. Thanks for the prayers for both of them!

I can see how leaving Paran for U-KISS was a big decision, especially when you’re so young and not sure exactly how things are going to go or work out. Mary’s been a little less frazzled lately, but she still just seems off from her normal self. Being kidnapped really struck her and I don’t blame her! With a little more time and tlc I think she’ll get back to being her old self in no time, although that won’t ever erase what happened 100%.

Hehe I was kind of hoping you had forgotten about my little tantrums over the ice cream. I was such a cry baby back then, but I had to tough it up when I moved out east and didn’t have you to coddle me. Your mom is one of the sweetest ever, besides my own of course, and I really have missed seeing her around. It was really nice of her to help my mom out by watching Jae and I while she was busy at the bakery.

I’m getting so excited for Jae and Robert’s wedding! I don’t know if I told you or not, but Deana and I have been talking over ideas for Jae’s bridal shower and bachelorette party. She really liked the cheesecake sundae idea for the bachelorette party too. It’s been fun planning with her and she had some great ideas –we’re doing a teal tea party style bridal shower and we found lots of good ideas online for it too. :) I will definitely give patbingsu a chance if I ever get to Korea for a visit!

Yeah, I was such a scardy cat about Pepita when she was such a sweet dog. No, I hadn’t heard she had passed away and I wish I hadn’t been so nervous about her when I was little. She was such a happy dog as long as she had a ball along and all her tricks were pretty cool in looking back. I’m a lot better with small dogs now, but big dogs still frighten me a bit.

Glad to hear that dating is going well with Norae! You’re so right about the give or take and so far Matt’s been a pretty respectful guy most of the time. There have been moments when I wonder about him though –he’s not a Christian so that’s definitely a minus and at times he’s a bit flirty with other girls, which has been driving me batty lately. We’ll see how things go.

I loved the letters from the guys and I’ll keep writing to them if they keep writing to me. I have been studying like crazy lately and finals going to be coming up pretty quick. Keep working hard and keep your focus on God in all things.

Your friend,

~Hana

P.S. –I’ll let Kris know about the shrimp chips. He’s been dying to know XD

 

Dear, Dongho,

You’re such a sweetheart! I’ve always wanted to be a big sister, so you can be my honorary little brother –I don’t think you’d be any more trouble than Kevin when he was younger.

There’s nothing better than a good night’s sleep in your own bed after a long trip! I hope you’ve rested well and have enough energy for all your activities lately.

Your Noona,

~Hana

 

Dear Soohyun,

Hehe you are smooth talker whether you know it or not ;) Thank you for the flattery and I’m lucky to have a friend like Kevin! Sending you back lots of love, and prayers for endurance in all your promotional activities.

~Hana

 

Dear Kiseop,

You’re very welcome for the support and encouragement! I really enjoy you guys’ music and it seems like you have so much fun doing it. I wish I could travel more, but school, lack of time, and lack of funds won’t allow it to happen for a while.

I am getting very close to finals. We only have a couple weeks left of regular classes and then it will be major study time for the last couple of weeks. My studies are going well & I hope all your work and activities are going well too.

~Hana

 

Dear Eli,

Wow, Kevin is sure a goofball! Why talk about boring ol’ me when he could talk nonstop about his girl. Yeah, I guess I wouldn’t want you to kill his happiness, but if he is really bugging you I’d recommend shutting him up with food –that always worked well when we were kids. If we did something wrong and he was going to “spill the beans” I’d give him sticky candy to eat so he couldn’t tell his Omma what had happened. Boy was I a troublesome little kid.

Ooooh I love trying different foods! I’ll have to try making the Charsiew and doctored up ramen when I’m home on break this summer. I’m not very good at cooking though, so my attempts will most likely end in disaster –I definitely didn’t get the cooking genes from my mom like Jae.

If I ever get that way and run into your sister’s I’d definitely say hi! I’d love to meet them sometime. I can imagine how much you miss them –being away at school from Jae  and when Jae was away at school was hard enough. Plus adding a huge time difference to things makes it even worse. I’m sure you’ll get to see them in the near future though!

Best wishes in your promotions!

~Hana

 

Dear Alexander,

You’re laugh break was perfect! Thank you so much. J You must brighten all the guys’ days each moment because you sure brightened mine. Hope you’re enjoying promotions and everything is going well! I’ve been praying for all of you.

~Hana

 

*Sorry for the long break! I've had a lot going on lately school and work-wise, so I probably won't be updating much for at least a couple more weeks. Things have been a little frazzling, but pray that I get my assignments done on time so I can graduate this fall. :P Hope you've had a blessed several weeks since my last update! Yours truly is now another year older and wiser as of a couple days ago. ^_^ God be with you! ~AA 

p.s. -I hope there's not too many gramatical or spelling errors because I didn't proofread this chapter like I usually do before posting it.