Chapter 48- Oh what a tangled web we weave

Letters to U-kiss

Norae's POV

When I got Kevin's text that he couldn't make it I was fuming mad at him. 'I'm going to go out and have my own fun if he's going to ditch me for work all the time. If he really cared about me he'd put me above work too.' Without a second thought I called up Jay.

"Hey songbird! What's up?"

"Nothing much." I said with a sigh.

"You sound upset about something.....want to talk about it?"

"Kevin ditched me last minute again for work."

"That's irritating."

"Yeah." I said crossly.

"Do you want to hang out tonight instead?" he asked.

"Sure, if you can put up with crabby self."

He chuckled "Get dressed up and I'll pick you up in front of your apartment building in 15 minutes -okay?"

"Okay." I said with a smile. 'What to wear? Hmmm I guess my black mini-skirt and green halter top will do. Shoes? my black strappy heels will work. Now makeup? Let's do a green smokey eye and some bright pink lipstick.'

"Are you going on a date with Kevin tonight?" asked my mom stopping by the bathroom door as I finished applying my makeup.

"No, he ditched me for work."

"Oh, that's too bad. Are you going out with one of your friends?" she asked 

"Yes," I replied. 'I don't have any friends besides Jay and Kevin, but saying yes wouldn't be considered lying since I am going out with Jay.' 

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know."

"When will you be back?"

"I don't know -late. Are we playing 20 questions here or what?"

"Okay, I'll stop bugging you, but don't be back too late so you miss church."

"We'll see. I need to go, he's waiting for me out front."

"He?" I heard her ask as I headed out the door and didn't bother replying.

Mrs. Song's POV

I watched Norae get into a strange guy's car after giving him a hug. "What a mess you're getting yourself in Norae. If only you'd listen to me and learn from my mistakes."

I pulled out the old photo albums of my husband, our best friend, and I. We were all so happy together and seemingly carefree, as I wove my tangled web. 'I wonder what he would have been like now? I'm sure he'd still be the nice guy and responsible type -one that you could comfortably have a family without worry. My husband was the dreamer and wild child compared to him, but I guess every girl falls for a bad boy at some point.'

I traced his face in the pictures of just us two on dates. He was such a gentleman too, much like Kevin. Tears spilled from my eyes as the remorse of hurting someone so dear came hurtling back. 'Would he forgive me if he was still alive? I guess I'll never know. I wish I had told him sooner that I didn't love him like he loved me.'

Norae's POV

"Hi!" I said feeling more chipper as I gave Jay a hug.

"Feeling a little better already songbird?" said Jay with a dazzling smile and opening my car door.

"Mmmm yeah, I guess so. Where are we going?" 

"It's a surprise!" he smirked.

"Okay...." I said as we drove off into Hongdae.

He parked the car "We're here."

"Are we going clubbing?"

"Yep! I'll get your mind off of Kevin in no time. Have you been clubbing before?" he asked resting his chin on my opened car door.

"No." I said warily as I sat in the car.

"Don't be scared songbird. Just relax and have fun!" he said pulling me out and leading me into the thriving club.

"Want to dance or drink first?" he asked.

"I don't know."

"Let's have a drink first then. We'll take 2 Margaritas please." he said to a waitor who came back momentarily with the drinks. "Here you go."

I warily took a drink "Wow! This is pretty good."

"I thought you'd like Margaritas." he said.

"Mmmhmm." I said as I sipped on the drink. We chit chatted about various things until our drinks were gone then he pulled me to the dance floor.

"Now let's dance." he said seductively with his hands on my hips.

"Okay." I said placing my hands around his neck and danced away -'I love dancing! I wonder what Kevin would think about this? Wait! I'm not supposed to be thinking about Kevin. It's just Jay and I tonight, and that's all that matters."

We got tired after a while and plopped on a couch next to each other. Jay ordered us more to drink. After a while of more sipping and conversing Jay pulled my head towards him and kissed me. He deepened the kiss and I let him take it away. I got embarassed when things started to get more heated and pulled away. The kiss had confirmed something that I hadn't been willing to admit before tonight -'I've fallen in love with Jay without a doubt.'

"I probably shouldn't have done that."

"No, it's okay."

"Really?" he asked surprised

"Yeah." I said acting shy.

"I really like you Norae, and I've liked you from the moment we met. You just looked so beautiful tonight I couldn't help myself."

I blushed "I like you too Jay." 

He leaned in and we kissed again and again with each one becoming more entoxicating. 'I'm going to break up with Kevin next time we meet. I can't live lying to my heart, and Jay's the one that's taken my heart away.'