Chapter 77- Thinking and Giving Thanks

Letters to U-kiss

Matt's POV

'How would I pay 10,000 dollars?' I thought running my hand through my hair 'My mom would never pay for this. I have no savings. I'll have to work. If I have to work, I won't be able to take as many classes. If I have to drop classes, I won't be able to stay on the team as a part time student. If I'm not on the team, I won't be scouted by the NBA. If I'm not in a professional sport, I may not be as likely to get a job as a sports writer. Plus, who wants a 5th or 6th year college graduate?'

'This is all Hana's fault. Why did I ever like her? What did I do to deserve all of this? She's ruined my life.'

She came up to me after the trial and said words I didn't understand "I forgive you." 

I just stared at her blankly 'Why should she forgive me? She should be the one begging for forgiveness for ruining my life.' 

I watched her walk away with her friends. My lawyer spoke to me as we got up to leave. "Are you going to be able to pay what the court ordered?" 

"What do you think? I'm a college student?"

"That's what I assumed Mr. Granger." said the lawyer. "We can petition to have the court order to be lowered, or just leave it as it is and work something out?"

"Well, if we can get it lowered, that would be ideal."

"Then I'll get to work on filing a dispute about the court ruling."

"Thank you. Let me know when you have something figured out." I said walking away from where we had stopped walking. 

"Certainly Mr. Granger."

Hana's POV

I was so relieved that Matt had relinquished his claims on the baby, and that some justice had be served at least. He looked at me so blankly when I said "I forgive you." to me. I couldn't help, but wonder, what was going through his mind then? 

I texted Kevin as soon as we got out of court.

'Court is adjourned. Matt has no right to the baby now, and has to pay a fine. Some justice has been served at least.'

'That's great! Now you can start working on the baby's adoption with Jae and Rob right?' he asked. 

'Yeah, that will be the next thing to work out, when this semester ends.'

'Well, that should be a lot easier than all of what's happened so far at least!!'

'Yes it should, but who knows if it will.'

'I need to go, but I'll ttys again okay?' 

'Okay Kev! Love you & ttys!'

'Thanks! Love you too!' 

"Are you talking to your boyfriend again?" teased Mary.

"Ugh Mary, he's not my boyfriend, he's a boy friend." I scowled.

"That's what they all say." she said rolling her eyes

"Whatever, I was just letting him know how court went today."

"Suuuuurrrreeee. I saw you smiling at your phone." 

"You're real mature Mary, real mature." I said with a sigh. 

"Do you two want to go on your date now?" asked Ellie.

"Well, I think we should ask Hana if she minds first." said Kris. 

"I don't mind. You two go have a nice time." I said smiling at them. 

"Are you sure Hana? We could go on a date another time if you wanted to celebrate today?"

"No, it's really okay Mary. We can do something a different day." I assured her.

"Well, if that's the case. I guess I'll borrow this lovely lady from your company and give her back to you later." said Kris putting an arm over Mary's shoulder. 

"Okay, have fun you two!" said Ellie shooing them off. 

"Bye!" I waved as they left.

"Well, now that they're gone. Should we go get a tasty treat ourselves?" Ellie asked me linking arms. 

"Sure, that would be nice." I said. 

"Then let's go get one! I know just the place." she said pulling me along excitedly. 

"Slow down! I'm going to fall on my face if we keep walking so fast." I laughed. 

"Sorry! I get a little over exhuberant, now and then." she apologized. 

"I know, and I love it! " I said with a wink.

Ellie led the way to a cute little cafe nearby. It had a vintage, shabby chic look to it. 

"This is so adorable Ellie. How did you find it?" I asked sipping on some ginger tea. 

"It was shortly after our son died. I was walking home from work and it started raining. I ducked into the first store that looked open to see if I could wait out the rain, and it happened to be here."

"How did you deal with losing you son?" I asked.

"Well, I knew he was with the Lord, so that was a comfort in and of itself, but it was still hard. A lot of prayer, Carl, friends, and resting in the Lord helped me carry on. If I had a choice, I would not want to go through something like that again."

"I can understand that. I definitely wouldn't choose that or what I'm going through myself. At least there are some positives to all of this though. Jae and Robert will have a baby that's partially related to them through adoption; and I'll be able to finish school after all is done."

"God lets us have lots of lemons sometimes, just so we can make lemonade with all the 'sugar' he gives us."

"Yeah, even though we sometimes feel like we don't have enough of His 'sugar' at times to make lemonade out of those lemons." 

"That's where trust comes in. God will provide for our needs and often with a lot more than we need."

"Yep, it would be nice sometimes if we didn't have to trust him completely though."

"Yes, but who wants a half comitted person as their friend?"

"Not me! I know what that's like." I said wrinkling my nose. 

"Me neither! Should we head back home?" she asked. 

"Yeah, let's free up the table for some other people."

"Good idea. We can shop for some things to make supper on our way home too."

"That sounds like a plan." I said getting up and gathering my things.

We shopped at a few shops on the way home and got some things for a wonderful sounding pasta dish Ellie had planned. It felt good to not have to be preoccupied by the court case anymore, and school felt a little safer with that restraining order in place against Matt.

"So, do you think anything will ever come out of your friendship with that guy....Kevin is it?" Ellie asked. 

"Yeah, it's Kevin. I don't know right now Ellie. He's a really nice guy and I do think he's attractive, but I don't think it's the right time to think about such things. I know he was willing to give up his career for me  and come back to help me when all this happened, but I made him stay there. I probably would offer the same for him, so we do care for each other. It's just complicated?"

"Wow, that is a keeper of a friend you have there either way Hana."

"Yeah, he really is. I didn't realize how much I missed his friendship until we reconnected."

"Sometimes you have to lose things for a while in order to appreciate them more. Do you think you would have the same relationship if you had stayed in touch all these years?"

"Probably not. He'd probably be stuck forever in the friend zone even if I did find him attractive." 

"See, God had a purpose for you two being apart for a while."

"Yes, he did. Without the space, I don't think Kevin would be halfway across the world in a career he loves either."

"What does he do again?"

"He's a singer in a K-pop group."

"Oh really? You hadn't mentioned that before to me. How long has he been in that industry?"

"Hmmmmm about 4 or 5 years? He debuted with the first group he was in at the end of 2006, and he debuted with U-Kiss in 2008."

"Mucus is the name of his group?"

"No," I said shaking with laughter, "You like, you and I, and Kiss."

"Oh," she said laughing "I thought that sounded kind of strange."

"Yeah, that would be a weird group name."

"Mmmhmm, you should show me some of his music later." 

"Okay! I'd love to."

"Okay, I'm looking forward to hearing it." she said as we headed up the steps to their apartment.

This was going to be fun. 

 

*Hello all, thank you again for the patience. Life's been a little rough lately, which means I'm pretty exhausted mentally and physically to put together chapters for you all. It's all been going a little bit better, but still. :P Anyways, hope you all are well! God speed ~AA