Chapter 63- Reading time

Letters to U-kiss

Mary's POV

I heard the scrape of a key in the door of our dorm room and heard it swing open. 

"Hi" I said without looking up from my textbook. My tummy was starting to rumble, but I decided I'd wait to get supper until later. 

"Hey" she replied cheerily. 

"Did something good happen?" I asked looking up.

"Yeah," she grinned "I got a letter from Kevin, Jen invited me to birthday party for Haley, and Mr. Perry the guy that works at the mail desk invited me over for dinner with him & his wife sometime."

"That all sounds nice, although the mail guy asking you out for dinner is kind of weird."

"He didn't ask me out, I just told him I'd like to meet his wife sometime because we got to talking and he said they were childhood sweethearts. He told me he'd talk to the Mrs. and see what he could arrange."

"Well if you go, you shouldn't go alone even if he says he has a Mrs."

"I know, I was planning on asking you and then asking him when we set something up if you could come."

"Okay, good." I didn't want her to get in trouble like I did with some creepy old guy. 

"I'll stop bugging you, so you can get back to studying."

"No, I think I'm going to head out and grab some supper. My stomach is yelling louder than my brain can organizing things in there."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye, enjoy your letter!"

"Bye, I will." she called back as I scurried out the door. 

Hana's POV

As soon as she closed the door, I hopped on my bed and slit the envelope with excitement. 

September 12, 2010

Dear Hana, 

I feel bad that I can't be there in person for you when things have been rough. It breaks my heart to hear about everything you've gone through, but I know you can pull through anything with God as your focus. He's pulled me through some difficult times too. 

I'm so happy that you hit it off so well with my family again. Skyping with all of you really made my day. Whether you fell in love with Cali or my family, I'm sure you can use either excuse to visit them whenever you can. ^_^

I miss both a lot, especially now that my mom moved back to the states permanantly. That must have been tough for her and dad, living apart for long spans of time while she stayed with me in Korea. I'm thankful she did though because I'd be super homesick if she hadn't done that. I still get homesick though -it's one illness that can never be completely cured. 

Dea is quite the social butterfly isn't she?! She was always taking me under her wing after you left. I sure moped after you moved away for quite some time, but I did eventually make some new friends. They never were as good of friends as you though. I chuckle thinking about all the silly things we did together as kids. 

It's easier to learn from people other than your parents isn't it?! It reminds me when I had first started training and had debuted. If my mom had been teaching me the choreography or how to sing, I would be awful, but since I learned from another person that's what made the difference. My mom could support me, but actually teaching me is a whole different story. 

If we ever get to see each other again, I'll have to have you cook me something to show off your skills that you learned from my mom. Just try not to make the food into hockey pucks or blubbering messes, but either way I'll try it just because you cooked it.

I hope you school year has been going well? How have things been with Matt being there? I hope he hasn't been bothering you too much, or at all really. As long as you remember to stand up for yourself and remember why Matt wasn't a good guy, it will be easier to keep your heart from wavering.

Besides, maybe this was God's way of saying hey 'You probably shouldn't have been dating someone that obviously doesn't share the same values as you.' I hope that didn't sound harsh or condescending, but you deserve a guy that not only treats you with respect and values your relationship with God. If a guy doesn't do either, he isn't worth a second glance. 

Love will never be simple because we are all selfish and insecure in our own ways. We can make love more simple by loving others as we love ourselves. If we consume ourselves with ensuring others are pleased, we'll focus less on our own selfish and insecure ways. You can never make a mistake by being kind to someone, even if they've hurt you in some way, but if you act harshly, what good will that do anyone?

You are so right, that love seems to bring out both the best and worst sides of people. People so often put up fronts at first to hide who they truly are, but once you are able to crack that shell, you see their true self come out. It's kind of like when I have to act happy for all my fans, but on the inside I'm feeling grumpy, tired, or maybe even a little sad. Being known by a lot of people doesn't make you feel less lonely, but more isolated because it's hard to know who to trust and who not to. I guess I found this out dealing with Norae cheating on me too.

We should skype sometime soon again when you're not too busy studying and when I have a few free moments. I usually have some time middle of the week, but I can never tell exactly what day or time that would be for you. Times zones are a pain, aren't they?!

I'm thankful you initiated the reconnection. I had wanted to do that, but I guess you could say I didn't have the guts to, which is silly now in thinking about all that we could have talked about or shared with each other. God had a purpose for keeping us from talking for a while, but now He's brought us back into each other's life for hopefully a long time. 

I'm definitely keeping busy, but work isn't all that hard because if you do something you love, it's not really like working at all. Sure, early practices and late nights do wear on a person after a while, but we all have to do that to some extent -I'm sure you get your fair share of that too with exams and things! 

Anything new with you? How's school going?

Love, 

Kevin

I decided to write my reply right away so I wouldn't have it slip my mind. Plus, that way I could check with Mr. Perry if he had checked with his wife about having me over for dinner sometime. 

*Hello! Hope everyone has been doing well. I've been studying like crazy for my big exam this summer -I finally have a date set for it, so now the pressure is on to cram everything in my brain that I learned the past few years in school. :P I'm not sure how soon I'll update again, but I think you'll like the next chapter idea I have cooking in my brain. Love in Christ! ~AA