Chapter 27- The Cake, Bus, & Birthday

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

I couldn't stop smiling like a pabo! Tonight was going to be so much fun between Norae coming over and celebrating Kiseop's birthday with a little surprise party. Dongho, Soohyun, Kibum, Alexander, and I were decorating our dorm. Kibum and Soohyun hung black and red streamers across the ceiling, while Alexander, Dongho, and I blew up what felt like a million balloons.

My phone rang:

"Hi Eli? What's up?"

"Hey Kevin. How much longer do I need to occupy Kiseop? He wants to eat and head back." asked Eli who had used the excuse of want to practice some taekwondo with him to keep him out of our hair.

"Hopefully not much longer. Norae said she'd be here around 6:30, but she isn't here yet." I told him glancing at the clock which read 6:15 pm.

"Okay, I'll make an excuse that I want him to take some pictures of me around the city for my sisters. I might get a small snack with him too and tell him that the guys wanted to eat supper with him on his birthday. Here he comes -I gotta go!" he said hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and down by Alexander and Dongho who were looking quite weary amongst all the balloons.

"Eolmana more balloons do we need to blow up? I'm running out of air" asked Dongho.

"Me too!' groaned Alexander.

"This should be pretty good. Let's tape them up now." I said to their relief surveying the balloons flooding the floor of the dorm's living area.

"Okay!" Dongho and Alexander happily agreed grabbing a roll of tape and balloons.

"Alexander, you put spots of tape up and dongho and I will stick up balloons on them." I said organizing our little team.

"Hey Kevin. What about food?" asked Soohyun.

"Don't worry it's all arranged." I said slyly

"What did you get?" asked Kibum.

"You'll see soon enough and Norae's bringing a cake. That might be it!" I said as the doorbell rang

"Palli, Palli. Come in! Let me take that Mrs. Lee!" I said taking the large containers she held in her hands.

"Gamsamnida Kevin. You're such a dear." she said smiling.

"Oooh you got Kiseop's Eomma to cook for us. He's going to be so happy!" said Soohyun.

"Neh, I made his favorite Curry too. Eodi is the Kitchen?" She said taking one container back as I led her to the kitchen.

I helped her organize the food in the kitchen to bring out once Kiseop got there and then the doorbell rang again.

"I got it!" Yelled Alexander. I heard him say "Come in, come in Norae. Let me take that and your jacket."

"Gamsamnida Alexander is it?" I heard her ask.

"Yep you got it!" he said cheerfully.

"Now let me guess the rest of you. You're Dongho, you're Kibum, and you're soohyun right?" 

"You're good!" said Soohyun dropping compliments like he always did.

"Gamsamnida! I'm pretty good at names and faces." I heard her say happily.

"Yah. Kevin did you hear me?" asked Mrs. Lee

"Oops! Mianhae, mwo did you say?" I asked her blushing a bit at being caught being jealous of Alexander.

"I asked eodi the plates were." she chuckled knowingly.

"Here you go." I said pulling out a stack of plates from our cupboard and putting them on the counter.

"Gamsamnida. Now go see your girl." she said before whispering the last part to me with a wink and pushed me towards the living room.

Norae's POV- a little earlier

Classes ended and I headed off to a cake shop to get a cake for Kiseop's birthday. I surveyed the glass cases of cakes and was overwhelmed by the options. 'Kevin said chocolate, so let's see what I can find that's chocolate. He said it was for one of the members' birthdays the first time I talked to him, but which one I'm not sure at the moment. Too bad I have just a basic flip phone or I could look it up.'

"Can I help you miss?" asked one of the pastrierres behind the counter.

"Sure, ummm which cake do you think a guy would like best for his birthday?" I asked.

"I'd reccomend one of the chocolate cakes with chocolate frosting, whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top." he replied.

"Okay, what size would you recommend for a party of about 10 people?" I asked.

"A six inch cake serves 6 to 8 salam, so that wouldn't work. I'd recommend an 8 inch cake that would serve 12-15 people and that way you'll have leftovers to share with your boyfriend." he said with a wink.

"....but...."  I started to state the fact that I didn't really have a boyfriend, but I stopped and instead asked "Do you have one of the chocolate cakes you recommended ready in an 8 inch size?" 

"Neh, you're in luck. We have one left! Shall I package it up for you?"

"Neh Jusaeyo! Eolmana does this cost?"

"26,000 won." he said 

"Here you go." I said pulling a couple bills out of my billfold. That was one thing about being an only child and having an over protective mother -she always gave me spending money I didn't really need nor ask for. I usually used what she gave me to buy groceries for us, since she was busy with work at the government agency she worked for and most nights came back late.

"Enjoy!" the pastrierre said handing me the cake box.

"Gamsamnida!" I said as I left. I looked at my watch and gasped. 6:10 PM I was going to be late at the rate I was moving. I saw my bus stopping at the station and I ran to catch it. The bus was just about to leave when the doors opened and a strong hand pulled me on.

"Gamsamnida!" I said before looking up -I sure was saying thank you a lot today! 

"No problem!" Said the guy smiling.

'Wow his smile is nice and he's so handsome too!I thought as I smiled back before pretending to watch out the bus windows. 

"Ileum-eun myoyayo?" asked the handsome stranger after a few minutes of riding along.

"Neh?" I asked confused when I realized the guy was talking to me as I totally spaced out.

"Ileum-eun myoyayo?" (What are you called?) he asked chuckling.

"Ileum-eun Song Norae Ibnida." (I am Song Norea called -translated literally) I said blushing

"That's yeppeuda! Ileum-eun Jay Park ibmnida." (Pretty. I am Jay Park called.) he said grinning even bigger.

"Dangsin-eul mannaseo bangabseubnida" (Nice to meet you) I said with a head bow as we stood bobbing along on the bus.

"Neh, dangsin-eul mannaseo bangabseubnida. Can I get your number?" he asked.

"Mwo?" I said shocked -'this guy must not be from Korea originally.'

"Mianhae I shouldn't have asked that." he said a little sheepishly.

"No here, please hold this." I said handing him the cake as I scribbled my number down on a sheet of paper. "There you go."  I said handing him my number 'I hope this wasn't a bad idea, but if needed I could always block his number or ignore his calls.' I reasoned.

"Gamsamnida." he said "I'll text you mine."

"Okay, Annyeong Jay-ssi! This is my stop." 

Jay's POV

"Annyeong Norae-ssi!" I said and waved as Norae bobbed off of the bus in a cute bouncy fashion.

'Wow I can't believe such a pretty girl gave me her number just like that! Today is my lucky day!' I thought grinning to myself.

Norae's POV -back in the present

I was busy sitting in the living room talking to the guys when Dongho gave me a little jab with his elbow. I looked up with a smile. "Hi Kevin!"

"Hi Norae! How were classes?" he asked sitting down next to me as the guys scootched over to make room for him.

"Okay." I lied not wanting to ruin the happy atmosphere.

"Good! You have to let me know if someone's giving you trouble though!" he said smiling.

"Neh" I said and he looked like he was going to ask me something else when his phone rang.

"Neh? Okay we'll be ready!" he said to whoever was on the other line.

"Okay guys and gals! Grab your confetti poppers and hide, so we can surprise Kiseop when he get's here in a couple minutes. Count to three when he walks in the door and then we pop out yelling 'Surprise!' and shoot the poppers." 

Everyone scrambled to find a hiding place. I looked around not sure were to go until Kevin grabbed my hand and pulled me down by him beind the couch. We all held our breaths as the door handle rattled and keving mouthed 'Hana, dul, set.' and then the room was filled with instant noise and chaos.

Kiseop's face got the hugest smile when he saw what the guys had done for him and he gave his mom a big hug when he saw her amongst us. We all sat around enjoying his mom's amazing chicken curry before singing happy birthday to him and chowing on the super rich chocolate cake. 

Frosting ended up all over our fingers and hands because Alexander decided it would be fun to put frosting on Dongho's cheek. Then he ran and hid behind Kibum who got frostinged by Dongho, which started an all out frosting smearing brawl! The boys got me full of frosting too, and the only one that didn't get all full of frosting was Mrs. Lee who watching laughing at us youngsters.

I wiped frosting off my cheek with my finger and it of "Mmm so yummy!" Kevin wiped some off of my cheek too and at it as well. "Yah! Get your own frosting." I said poking more onto his face. "This calls for payback!" he said playfully and started a mini frosting war between us. 

After we all were tired of goofing off we made ourselves un-sticky with wet cloths that Mrs. Lee brough around. I went to the kitchen to put my cloth in the sink and Kevin followed me. "You missed a spot!" he said. "Where?" I asked puzzled wiping my face some more with the cloth. He surprised me by giving me a peck on my cheek "There!" he said with a grin.

"Yah! There was no frosting there!" I yelled at him chasing him with the wet towel back into the living room before putting the cloth were I originally had intended with my trip to the kitchen.  Then we joined the rest of the guys for some games and singing before I headed home for the night.

Back home I lay in bed practically going crazy about what had happened -'Kevin had kissed me on the cheek! He likes me!'

My fangirling session was briefly interupted though when I got a text:

'Sweet dreams Norae-ssi! This is Jay-ssi.' said the strange number.

'Okay! You too!' I replied with a smile as I save his number into my contacts.

"Does this mean I have two guys that like me at one time?" I wondered out loud to myself as I headed off to dreamland that night.

 

Chapter Glossary:

Eolmana-얼마나 -How many, how much.

*Hi peeps! I wasn't really in the mood to do much of a glossary today even though I put in some new phrases and such, so instead I put the meanings in parenthesis just for this chapter. Also, please don't kill me for all the Kevin and Norae fluff! It needed to happen, but I've thrown a little plot twist in for good measure ;) Hope you enjoyed my extra long chapter today, and I'm hoping to do one that's predominantly "letters", emails, and/or texts to help speed up the story a bit soon. Excuse any gramatical errors -I'll check it over in the next couple days to fix any "boo-boos" I made, since I wanted to give you a chapter asap after being a bad author for such a long time :P