Chapter 30- Chips, CRU, & a Letter too

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV- February 16th

I walked purposefully to the dining hall carrying the shrimp chips in my hands and an envelope in my shoulder bag with a letter and chocolate bar in it. The weather was pleasant for february and the sun was shining, so the air had a fresh bite to it. I tipped my head back closing my eyes and stretching out my arms. Out of nowhere I felt someone wrap me in a hug and kiss me on the lips. I couldn't help hugging him back and I snuggled my head on his chest after I pulled away.

"Good morning beautiful" said Matt.

"Morning" I murmered before looking up at him and asking "Are you heading to breakfast?"

"No, I ate between practice for the team and now I'm heading to the Journalism Club meeting. I thought I'd come this way and surprise you though." he answered.

I sighed, 'This is what you get with a busy boyfriend I guess.'

"Don't look so down! How about I eat with you tomorrow at 7:15 after practice?" he asked.

"Sure, I have an early class tomorrow too, so that would work."

"All Right! See you tomorrow beautiful." He said grinning before giving me a peck and rushing off to his meeting.

I stood watching him go for a minute before sighing again and heading into the cafeteria to eat breakfast. Looking around at my options I settled on a banana and some oatmeal I scanned the room to locate Kris 'Ah! There he is by the far left side of the room.'

I walked over to the table where Kris was sitting. “Catch!” I said as I tossed the shrimp chips at him with him looking at me in surprise.

“What’s this?” he asked puzzled looking at the bag with little shrimps on it and Korean writing.

“Shrimp Chips that my friend Kevin from Korea sent to me. Neither Mary or I cared for their taste, so now we’re gifting them to you.” I explained.

“Oh, Okay. Hey do you want to join me for breakfast?” he asked.

“Mmm I guess?” I reluctantly agreed assessing the sea of packed tables all over the dining hall.

“Great!” he said with a smile as I set down my tray and bag across from him. “How’s school going for you?”

“Fine, how is yours going?” I asked politely.

“Really good! The teachers seem a lot better here compared to Kentucky, but I’m not sure if they’ll take me on the baseball team.” He said a bit glumly.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Well, since I was scouted for Kentucky and had a scholarship there things got a little messy when I transferred out of the blue. My coaches there weren’t too happy about me leaving and although NYU had offered me a team position at the time I was scouted, they may not have a position open for me now.”

“So you’re saying you gave up baseball and your scholarship for Mary?” I said with wide eyes.

“Yeah, the loss of the scholarship was a huge hit to me and my family financially, but once I graduate I should be able to get a decent job to pay the loans off. As far as baseball, yeah it was my dream to go pro, but if I had to choose between baseball and the girl I love –the girl I love would take priority.”

“Wow, I didn’t realize that you’d given up so much.” I said contemplating everything he had just told me.

 “Yeah, I should have just picked NYU in the first place and none of this would have happened.” He sighed.

“What are you studying again?” I asked.

“Physician’s Assistant.” He said.

“Ah, I thought you were studying sports medicine?” I said puzzled

“Nope, I wasn’t sure I wanted a degree in that, so I changed majors when I transferred here.”

“I see. Well I better get going now or I’ll be late for my class.” I said stuffing the last spoonful of oatmeal in my mouth and picking up the tray.

“Hey wait, I have one quick question.” He asked.

“Shoot.” I told him.

“Are you involved with the CRU?” asked Kris.

“Yeah, why?” I asked caught a little off guard, since Kris had said he was agnostic when Mary and he were still dating.

“I’d like to come to a meeting if I could?” he asked.

“Sure, we have meetings Wednesday night at 6:00 in the literature building student lounge.” I told him.

“Cool! I’ll see you tomorrow then and nice talking to you Hana!”

“Same to you Kris. Bye.” I waved before sauntering off my first class of the day. ‘Well that was interesting. I’ll have to tell Mary about what all happened with Kris and what he just asked me. Although, I wonder if that will stop her from trying out CRU? I guess I’ll just have to wait and see how everything falls in place. ~God please help everything to work out and to draw Mary and Kris to you as they’re seeking in this time of testing. In your name, Amen.’

Kevin's POV- February 28th

Life had been so busy lately and it felt like U-KISS was really gaining popularity across asia. Our manager had scheduled us shows in Japan, the Phillipines, and a couple of other countries. It seemed like we were almost moving non-stop. Hana's letter had sat in my mail pile for a few days before I found it because every spare moment was spent either eating a quick bite or sleeping in between things.

February 15th, 2010

Dear Kevin,

You really didn't have to give me a CD, but I loved it and all the messages from the guys were so sweet. You're spoiling me to bits! ^_^ How are promotions and all your activities going? I know you're busy, but I thought I'd just touch base with you. Sorry I haven't emailed you much lately. Classes have been really time consuming this semester, but I'm starting to get a hang of coordinating my schedule, work, study time, and extra things better.

Mary and I enjoyed the grape candy a lot & I think we're going to give ourselves a cavity on them all this week. You're right that the candy is more realistic than American candy because I usually hate grape stuff, but this was awesome! Are there any candies that don't really taste like what they're supposed to or are just plain weird? Mary and I went to a fiesta party once and there were Mexican candies that had chilli powder in them -I mean strawberries with chili powder? No Thanks! I prefer enjoying my candy to burning my mouth off. ;)

We tried the shrimp chips too, which was definitely a unique experience. Mary nor I loved them, but we made some of our friends try them and I'm gifting the rest of the chips to Kris. He really loves fish in any way, shape, or form. Did I tell you he had transferred to NYU? I thought I did, but I swear my brain lately is in ten places at once.

Kris took me on a nice date for valentines day yesterday. He surprised me with tickets to a movie I had been dying to see and then we went out afterwards for ice cream. He made me sit down while he ordered for me, so I was a little worried what he'd pick out -I'm a bit fussy when if comes to ice cream! Surprisingly enough he got me a sundae of vanilla ice cream with raspberries and chocolate chunks -my absolute favorite! I wonder if Mary told him that or not? Either way it was really sweet and I found out that his favorite sundae was hot fudge sauce with cookie dough like my Dad. Do you have a favorite sundae combination or ice cream flavor? Are there any good ice cream places in Korea or other frozen treats that are good?

Did you end up going on a nice date with the girl you like? If so, I hope you two had a nice time & that you'd tell me about it!

Hope you are well & God bless!

~Hana

 

*Hope you enjoyed this chapter I wanted to put Kevin's reply letter on here too, but I decided to save it for the next chapter. ~AA