Chapter 52- Planning

Letters to U-kiss

Jae's POV- later that day

When Hana told me everything that was going on with her and Matt, I saw myself. The me I wasn't proud of, but I had been scared too and didn't konw quite where to turn for help. My had left me scarred and mistrusting of men for so many years until I met Robert. I was glad my friends had supported me breaking up with Josh those many years ago, but I wish I had listened to my parents and broke up with him before any of that happened.

When Hana was trying on some clothes in the dressing room I decided to call Dea.

"Hey Dea!"

"Jae! How are you?"

"Pretty good. Yourself?"

"Good. What's up?"

"I called to see if I could ask you or your family a favor."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Hana's been having some boy trouble and she needs to get away after she breaks up with him for her safety and sanity. So, I was wondering if there would be any way she could stay with you or your parents if she flew out there in the near future?"

"It would be fine with me if she came out and I'm sure my mom would love to have her visit. When was she thinking?"

"I honestly don't know, but she has to be back at school by the 25th."

"Okay, I'll be out of town for one of the weekends before then, but she can either live in my place by herself or stay with my parents that weekend. Just let me know what the plan is."

"Will do, I'll talk to her more this afternoon & see what she's thinking."

"Sounds good! I need to go get ready for something now, but I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay, and thank you a ton Dea!"

"No problem! Bye Jae."

"Bye."

"What do you think Jae?" asked Hana modeling one of the shirts she tried on.

"Mmmmm the color looks good on you, but I'm not a huge fan of the style."

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Who were you talking to?"

"Dea."

"Did you ask her about staying with her or the Woo's?"

"Yes, and Dea said it would be fine with her."

"Awwwww I'm so happy. Dea's such a sweetheart."

"Yes she is. When are you thinking about going out there?"

"I'd need to figure out something with my job, and get my things packed up for school....."

"Could you tell them you have a family emergency and need to leave right away and stay there until school starts again?"

"I guess? Wouldn't that be lying?"

"Not really because you're the family emergency, and you're trying to escape from an abusive situation."

"I guess I'll just be honest with my supervisor about what's going on. Besides there's only one week of camp left."

"So you want to finish the week of Camp, break up with Matt on saturday, and fly out later that day?" 

"I guess so? I wish Mary could come with."

"Who says she couldn't?"

"That would be a lot to impose on Dea with a second person."

"I could ask her if you could?"

"Really?" was her query back to which I nodded.

"Yeah, I'll text her later since she's at a function this afternoon and tell her more details."

"Okay. I need to talk to Mary and let her know what's going on too, so I guess I'll do that tomorrow once I see what Dea says."

"I'll text you when I find out. Should we head home now or are you still in a shopping mood?"

"I'm thinking home. I'm getting kind of bored."

"Okay Nana. I have one store I want to stop at and then we can head back." she said walking purposefully for a store kiddy korner to where we were shopping.

"Why are we going into an accessories store?" she said looking at me puzzled.

"I wanted to buy something." 

"Oh okay."

"Let's see......too big, too boring, too ugly......this one will be perfect. Try them on Nana." 

"Me?"

"No, the manequine over there -Of course I mean you Nana!"

"Okay." she said trying them on and looking in one of the mirrors.

"What do you think?"

"I like them." she said giving me a thumbs up.

"Good, they're your present so you can look cool after breaking up with Matt, and so that you're ready to soak up some California sunshine."

"Thanks Jae! You really are the best sister ever." she said giving me a hug.

"Nah, I'm the only sister you've got."

"It's true!"

"Nana, stop trying to flatter me."

"But it's fun seeing you embarassed!"

"Oh dear, I think I need to call some Monkeys to carry off Nana for lunch." I said to her as I was paying for the glasses and the cashier gave me a strange look.

"Hey! I don't want to be eaten!"

"Just kidding! Let's go home now." I said handing her the bag with the sunglasses and grabbing the car keys out of my purse.

Hana's POV 

Jae texted me that evening and siad Mary coming along would be okay, so I texted Mary that I wanted to get together tomorrow. I decided to talk to my parents about everything too. Mom hugged me and told me she was proud of me -Dad was working that evening, but I'm sure mom would fill him in tomorrow. 

Mary and I decided to bike to the lake again and enjoy some of the sunshine while we had a picnic.

"Mary, what are you doing the next couple of weeks?"

"Probably babysitting my siblings a lot, since my Dad's taking my mom on a business trip with him."

"Oh, okay."

"Why?"

"I'm going to California for a couple weeks until school starts."

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?!"

"It kind of just came up. Mary, I'm breaking up with Matt."

"Really? I thought things were going better?"

"Not really, he's become very controlling and manipulative lately."

"Oh no. Has he tried to hurt you?"

I nodded. "That's mainly why I'm leaving after I break up with him this next weekend."

"That jerk!" she fumed. "How did he hurt you?"

"He just pushed me over, but I'm scared he'll do worse if I stay in a relationship with him. I don't want to be like Jae."

"What happened with Jae?"

"She got by her last ex, ended up pregnant, and had an abortion that made her so she can't have kids."

"Yikes! I certainly don't want you to go through that either!"

"Yeah, so my plan is to leave saturday afternoon for California and stay with Dea. She said I could bring you if I wanted."

"I'd love to go, but my parents need me to keep the peace here."

"I know." I sighed.

"Who's taking you to the airport?"

"My mom or dad will probably take me directly there after breaking it off with Matt."

"If you want to come along for that, you could."

"I think I should be able to."

"Cool, but I have a big favor to ask you."

"Sure, what do you need?"

"Could you bring my things to school for me that I can't fit in my suitcase?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not?"

"I'll have everything packed up in boxes so you'll just have to grab them and toss them in the car."

"Sounds great. Won't Matt get suspicious of you packing up all your stuff so soon?"

"I hadn't really thought of that...but he wouldn't know what my pre-semester packing routine is like anyways, so I think I'll be okay."

"That's true," she said "but are you excited about going to stay with your sister-in-law?"

"My what?!" I said bewildered until I realized what she was thinking. "MARY!" I said shooting her a scowl.

"What? I'm planning on my side of the bet to come true, so this would be a logical explanation to your relationship with Dea."

"What am I going to do with you Mary?"

"Hmmmm you'll thank me someday." she said with a smirk.

 

*Annyeong lovelies! Hope you've all been well! I'm sorry I haven't updated much until the past few days -I always seem to write more when I'm frazzled from school and work like this week. Anyways, I was in Texas for a school lab a couple weeks ago and I started classes at a new college then too, so I haven't had a lot of extra time being gone and all. I'm currently studying for my last final of my associates degree and trying to keep up with my new classes in addition has been tough. I've been trying to focus on my relationship with God & spend as much time as I can with friends & family lately too.

Love in Christ,

~AA