Chapter 37- Forgive, forget, and first fight.

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV 4.30.2009

I had nightmares about what had happened last night, so I woke up looking like a panda. Mary was up and bustling about getting ready for the day when I decided to roll out of bed. "Good Morning!" she said cheerily, but then corrected herself "Well, not a good morning, but it's morning none the less. Didn't sleep well last night?" 

I shook my head as she handed me a cup of coffee. "Thanks, not that the caffeine will really help me much." 

"You're welcome and I know....are you doing okay?" she said.

"Yeah, a little out of sorts, but not terrible." I said tilting my arms side to side like a scale. 

"Mmmm" she mumbled holding bobby pins in . 

"Well, I'm off to eat then."

"Okay! No, wait! I'll walk with you if you don't want to go alone." she babbled as she placed the last bobby pins in her messy bun.

"Sure, that would be nice. You ready?"

"Yep! Lets take this world and show it who's boss."

I just rolled my eyes at her and that brought her into a giggle fit as we headed to breakfast before classes. I scanned the caffeteria for any signs of Matt, but I breathed a sigh of relief when he wasn't in sight. I honestly didn't see him until I was walking back from my last class of the day alone.

"Hana, wait up!" he called.

I ignored him and walked more quickly, although I knew he'd catch up to me sooner rather than later. I felt his hand grab my arm and I flinched. "Let. Go. Of. Me." I said through gritted teeth.

"I will only if you'll stay and let me talk." he said and I nodded.

I nodded and turned towards him with a glare and crossed my arms at him. "Talk." I ordered.

"I.....I really don't know what to say to you. I'm sorry I was jealous. I'm sorry I didn't trust you. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry you had to see me like that -it won't happen again. I......I......I," he broke down crying "I....feel like the worst guy in the world for what I did last night to both you and Kris. Will you....Are you able to forgive me? I understand if you want to break up, but I really don't want to lose you. You're pretty much all I've got. My dad could care less about me, and my mom just cares about herself. I've been so lonely until I met you."

"I don't know if I can trust you anymore. You nearly me when you already knew I want to wait until I get married to go to that level. You beat up my best friend's ex and my friend. You called me a liar....you've scarred me in more ways than one. I don't know if I can believe you about that happening again unless you quit drinking."

"Then I'll quit for you! I can find other ways to cope. Are you going to press charges?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm not sure yet and I'd like to see you quit drinking and clean up your act before I consider taking you back. Also, I want you to come with me to CRU -No excuses!"

"I'll do anything for you and I'll got to CRU with you if it makes you happy."

"Okay, I'll see you wednesday night at the chapel for CRU then and I want a reports every day on the drinking front."

"Yes ma'am!" he said saluting like a soldier as I left him standing on the walkway.

As I walked away I spun around and told him, "I don't think I'm comfortable being alone with you for the time being either, so no meetings without someone present."

"Okay! Bye!" he said grinning and I watched him walk off. 'G​od, why do I like him so much? Should I have given him a second chance? Maybe I shouldn't have, but I guess time will tell the truth -right?'

Kevin's POV

I woke up early for some reason, so I pulled out my computer to check my email. I saw a new message from Hana -I wonder what she's decided or if she's decided anything.

Date: 4.30.2009

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Subject: Hey!

Hey Kevin, 

I think the situation is controlled at the moment, but thanks for offering! I'm not sure if I'll press charges or not, but I guess I'll see what Kris does. I'm not sure about saying good bye completely either -it just doesn't feel right. Matt said he's going to quit drinking for me, come with to CRU, and agreed to not meet privately for now. If he doesn't hold up his promises though I'll be telling him to hit the road. Do you think this sounds like a reasonable plan? Mary seemed to think it was okay, but I just don't know. I feel so confused.

-Hana

Seriously?! She's giving him another chance? This girl! I know forgiveness is important and one thing, but giving someone that's not likely to change a second chance to play with your heart is just dumb. Golly this is so frustrating. I wish I could talk some sense into her....maybe I'll call her.

"Hey Kevin!" said Hana in a smiling voice

"Hey. How are you doing?" I asked with concern

"Okay," she said with a drooping voice.

"I got your email....." I said.

"Ah, so what do you think?" she asked.

"I really don't know what to think." I said trying not to make my frustration seem to obvious.

"You don't think I should give him another chance do you?" she asked in a dissappointed tone.

"No, I don't."

"Why?"

"A guy like him isn't going to change or get worse and I don't want you getting hurt because of it." 

"But he said he'd change?"

"He won't." 

"How do you know?" she said in a bit defensively.

"It happens all the time." I said sadly. "A girl I liked in middle school had dated a guy that got her into a similar situation as yours and like Matt, he promised he'd change but never did. She eventually broke up with him and now is dating someone else."

"Oh, but that was just once incident and God can change people."

"True, God can change people, but I have a bad feeling about this Hana. I really don't want you to get hurt worse....." I said trying to hold the anger and sadness in my voice back.

"I know, but I think he will change."

"How can you be so sure? Your email made it seem like you were even having doubts." I said raising my voice a little bit.

"You must be reading between the lines. I just wanted another set of eyes on the situation to see if my plan seemed okay, but apparently you don't think so." she said raising her voice back.

"No I don't!"

"Well, I'm going to stick with my plan and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Fine! Don't take my advice then."

"I won't! Bye!"

"Bye!"

 

* Kevin and Hana have their first fight :( Who do you think is right? Hana giving him a chance or Kevin telling her to break it off with Matt. I won't tell you what the plotline has in store, or I'll spoil it, but I want to hear your thoughts. ~AA