Chapter 55- In for the Landing

Letters to U-kiss

Deanna's POV

I was so excited that Hana was coming to visit that I hardly slept all night. Since I couldn't sleep I decided to go into super-sonic cleaning mode & I called Kevin to chat for a bit.

"Hey sis!"

"Hey Kev!"

"What's up? Wait are you vaccuming?"

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep so I decided to call you and clean at the same time."

"Don't drop your phone and it up with the vaccume cleaner!"

"Nah, that will never happen."

"Noona stranger things have happened."

"Arraso, Arraso I'll be careful Kev."

"So what's keeping you up Making you spiff up your place?"

"I'm just really excited Hana's flying in tomorrow afternoon."

He chuckled "I haven't heard you this excited for a while."

"Yeah, I enjoyed hanging out with her and Jae at the beginning of summer."

"Mhmmm, Hana really enjoyed spending time with you too."

"Did she tell you that?"

"Yep, she's only told me about a million times how much fun she had with you."

"Are you bluffing?"

"Why would I bluff?"

"I don't know, because that's what little brothers do when the want something. Spill it!"

"I really wasn't bluffing, but I do want you to make her feel at home & not to embarass me by showing her my middle school pictures."

"Of course I will Kev, but I can't guaruntee about the pictures -that would be something you'd have to talk to mom about."

"Right.....I really hope she doesn't pull those out. I look like such a baby in those pictures."

"Oh come on Kev, every girl likes seeing the guy she likes as a kid."

"Did she say she liked me?"

"No, but she obviously doesn't hate you if she's your friend."

"That's not rocket science Dea."

"I know, but she is currently unattached."

"Dea, I'm not going to pounce on someone who just broke up with someone."

"That's honorable Kev, but what if someone else snatches her before you can?"

"I'll take my chances being a good guy."

"Okay Kev, whatever you think is best. I'll do my best to get her thinking of you though."

"Thanks Dea, I appreciate it."

"Well, I think I've vaccumed my carpet enough and now I'm getting sleepy."

"Arraso, sweet dreams Dea & tell Hana I say hi okay?"

"Arraso Kev -work hard! Bye Bye."

"Bye Dea."

The next day............

I slept in way late because I had stayed up so late, but that's okay since I had finished the cleaning I had wanted to do last night. I still needed to go grocery shopping and pick up some things for me & Hana to eat. I jotted a few staples down on my shopping list that I was running low on, and headed out to the store. I figured I could wing the rest of the items.

'Hmmmmm what should I get to make for her first meal here? Maybe something Korean or would an American comfort food be better? Probably American food, but I'll get stuff to make some Jjajangmyeon tomorrow for dinner. Omma & Appa both like it and they wanted to come over for dinner anyways. For tonight though I guess I'll just get some mac and cheese to whip up quick.'

I headed home and stashed my stuff in the proper places before making myself some lunch. I got out things to make the mac and cheese tonight when we got home, since it would probably be pretty late in the evening. Omma called me as I was filling the pan with water.

"Hello?"

"Hi dear, don't forget to get Hana later."

"I won't omma, I'm planning on heading there in a little bit."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, we'll be fine and besides you'll see her tomorrow at church."

"Okay dear, we'll talk to you soon."

"Yep, bye omma."

"Bye Deanna."

Soon enough it was time to get on the train to meet her at the airport. The train blew into the station and I stepped aboard fiding a pole to grab, since the seats were full on a busy saturday evening. 'I hope Hana will be okay with her first time on the trains being so busy. I'm sure she'll do fine though. She seems to adapt pretty quickly to change. At least I'll be here to help her out.'

The train pulled into the station at the airport and I got off at the parking garage stop to go in and figure out the best place to meet Hana at. I decided by the baggage claim for her plane would be best. It looked like her plane was on time per the schedule, but it hadn't docked yet. I decided to take a seat on one of the currently unused baggage claims until I found out more details.

Hana's POV

"Passengers ensure that your trays are up and your seat belts are buckled. We will begin our descent shortly."

I leaned forward a bit to see what I could see of the sky and area as we started to land. There was a bit of turbulence from our descent and I put my hands under my legs nervously. I took a deep breath and told myself 'You'll be fine Hana, God won't let anything bad happen to you that he didn't already plan.' Soon enough the plane landed on the ground with a jolt & my heart did a flip flop as I felt the plane waver a little bit as it implemented the stopping gear on the wings.

The plane eventually slowed to a reasonable pace without flipping on it's side like I had imagined it would moments before. We docked at our gate shortly after that and the seat belt sign was turned off indicating passengers could get up and leave. I waited until the person in my row got up and I gathered my carry on bag and purse.

 We stayed single file in the plane slowly creeping forward in what seemed to be an eternity until we were out of the plane and on the jet walk. I hurried along to the terminal to figure out where my bags were going to be and how to get there. I took an escalator down to the baggage claim once I found where they were shipping our bags.

When I found the area I looked around, since Deanna had texted me telling me where she was. I quickly picked her out of the crowd of waiting individuals and hurried over. "Dea!" I called to get her attention.

"Hana! Welcome to San Fran!" she said grinning and giving me a hug.

"Thanks Dea!" 

"How was your flight?"

"Pretty good. There was a little turbulence towards the end and landing was a little scary, but otherwise it was okay."

"That's good! I hate landing too." she said wrinkling her nose. "I always feel like the plane's going to burst apart when it hits the ground."

"Yeah."

"My parents are really excited to see you after seeing the pictures from the wedding and everything." said Dea.

"I'm excited to see them too after all these years. How long has it been?"

"Probably almost 7 or 8 years?" she said thinking.

"That sounds about right." I agreed. "That was way too long."

"I know! I'm so glad we all got back in touch now. I missed having a little sister."

"I think I missed having two older sisters?" I said with a hint of deviousness.

"Of course you did! You & Kevin are exactly the same." she laughed and rolled her eyes. "Let's get your bags now & head home. They're starting to get put out on the carousel."

"Okay!" I agreed happily.