Chapter 81- Epilogue

Letters to U-kiss

~Five years later~

Kevin's POV

"Are you sure everything's set?" I said nervously adjusting the suit I was wearing and talking on the phone. 

"Don't worry Kevin" said Eli, "we've got things under control. I'm picking her up in just a few minutes and the guys are on their way now."

"Okay. Everything must go perfectly." I said. 

"I think it will Kevin. Just breath." said Eli. 

"I'm trying to."

"I'm hanging up now." he said.

"Okay, see you soon." I said taking a deep breath and hanging up. 

Hana's POV

Kevin had said to dress extra special for our date tonight and that Eli was going to pick me up instead of him for some reason. The doorbell for my apartment rang as I was putting on my earings. 

"Coming." I called hoping that Eli heard me. I finished my college degree and got my teaching license in 2013.  At the end of 2013 I decided to take a teaching position in Korea, so I could be closer to Kevin -we had officially started long distance dating at the beginning of 2012. 

I fell more in love with Kevin every day and with every moment spent with him -even the less fun ones. Mary and Kris got married shortly after she graduated in 2013 and they had twins in 2014 -I only had met them a couple times, since they were born after I left for Korea.

Jae and Rob adopted a baby boy this year, 2016, and named him Quinten. They were such good parents to both of them and my parents spoiled both of their grandbabies. Eileen was growing cuter by the day and we had regular Skype dates, but I wish I could be there to see her grow up in person more.  

I went and opened the door to my aparment "Hey Eli!" I said closing the door behind me.

"Do you need anything else?" he asked before we headed out.

"Nope, I think I'm all set." I smiled.

"Good." He said "Kevin is already at the event, but we saved a special place for you."

"Okay, what kind of event is it?" I asked curious about what type of event it was going to be -Kevin hadn't told me any details, but that he had something that he wanted me to come to and he couldn't pick me up for it.

"You'll just have to wait and see." he said handing me a bouquet of red roses and a card when we got into the car.

"Should I open this now or wait?" I asked Eli. 

"Kevin said you can open it now." instructed Eli. 

"All right." I said carefully slitting open the envelope and pulling out a letter. 

Dearest Hana, 

I want to thank you for being my best friend. I don't know where and how I would be without you. I'm sad that we missed out on a few years of each others' lives, but I hope that we can make that up in the future. These roses are a token of my love to you and I hope this is a memorable night for both of us. 

Love, 

Kevin

"That was really sweet." I said after reading the card from him. I had a hunch about what was going to happen and the butterflies were starting in my stomach. 

"Good, he hoped you'd like both the card and the flowers." said Eli glancing at me with a smile. 

"Is this event not work related?" I asked probing for more information. 

"You'll have to be the judge of that later." said Eli. 

"You're not going to tell me anything are you?" I pouted a little bit. 

"Nope." said Eli grinning at me sideways. 

"Is your wife going to be there?" I asked. 

"No, she's at home with the baby tonight and I won't be staying very long at the event so I can see them." said Eli. 

"Oh, okay." I said. 

"Here we are." said Eli stopping by a hotel. 

"Wow, this is really fancy. Kevin meant to dress up for a reason." I said getting out. 

"Yep, I'll show you where to go -I helped with the set up of things earlier." said Eli givng his keys to the valet. 

"Okay." I said following behind him. We took an elevator upstairs and got out on the floor that looked like it was a restuarant. 

"Right this way." said Eli seating me at a table in the restaurant. "I'll let Kevin know you're here." 

"Alright." I said sitting down at the table and took a sip of water there. Kevin must have bought out the whole restaurant, I mused, since nobody was in sight. 

All of a sudden the lights of the restuarant turned of and on came tiny twinkle lights spread all over the restaurant. Behind me I heard singing: 

"Picture Show" by Mindy Gledhill

Way up high in my tree
We would climb to get a peak at the drive-in movie screen
Watching people from afar
Cozied up inside their cars
Underneath a web of summer stars

Fireflies flicker by
In a scene where Gregory Peck catches Audrey Hepburn's eye
You look at me the moment that I'm staring
Darling, do I dare to say the one thing I want you to know?

If life's a picture show
I want to sit with you on the back row
In the film projector's glow
While we kiss on the lips as the credits roll

In my mind I create
My own movie with my grandfather's vintage Super 8
I write a script where you will be
The dashing boy (darling girl) who's after me
And maybe we could make this story a reality because

[Chorus]

I'd like to play the part of your leading lady (Guy)
With a heart that's bravely beating
Frame by frame in time repeating

[Chorus]

All the guys were standing there with Kevin singing this song (modified with the above things in parenthesis of course). When they finished Kevin came and knelt down on one knee. 

"Hana, you don't and will never know how much I love you. I want you to be the leading lady in my 'picture show'. Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asked me. 

I couldn't speak because I was on the verge of happy tears, so I nodded vigorously. He slipped the ring on my finger before we both got up, so I could hug him. 

The guys all started clapping and cheering, before congratulating us and leaving us alone.

"I love you Kevin." I softly spoke into his ear as I hugged him again. "Let's make a masterpiece of a life together." 

"I would love that more than anything." he said brushing the hair away from my face as we unwound from our hug and then he Kissed me on my forehead. 

"You missed." I teased. 

"Okay, I'll fix that." he said gently kissing me on the lips. 

Kevin and I got married in the fall of 2016. My parents, Jae's family including Eileen and Quinten, Mary, and Kevin's family all came to the wedding. We had a small ceremony in Korea and went on a short honeymoon on Jeju Island. 

~Two years later~

One morning while we were cooking breakfast together. 

"Kevin." I have something to tell you. 

"What's wrong?" he asked puzzled by how serious I must have sounded. 

"Nothing, it's good news."

"Oh good." he said. 

"Next spring, you're going to be a daddy." I said smiling. 

"What?! Is that true?!" he said jumping up and hugging me. 

"Mmmhmm" I nodded. 

"You've made my day...no week....no year!" He said kissing me between pauses. "How long have you known?"

"Officially as of yesterday." I said. 

"Did you tell our parents or anyone yet?" he asked.

"No, we can do that together now if you want." 

"Okay! Let's do it." he said excitedly "This is better than Christmas."

"I'm glad you think so." I said happily as he set up the phone to video call our parents. 

~The next year~

"You've got this Hana. You've got this. You've done this before." encouraged Kevin holding my hand. 

"Why did I ever what to do this again?" I groaned. 

"At least I'm here this time and we've wanted a baby for a while." said Kevin grimacing a little bit at my squeezing hand. 

"True" I said breathily. 

"Get ready to push on the next contraction Mrs. Woo" said the doctor. 

I groaned and pushed hard. 

"Good job Hana. You're doing it." said Kevin. 

"Push again." said the doctor. 

I groaned again and pushed with all my might. 

"Just a little bit more" said Kevin.

"Push one more time." said the Doctor. 

"You did it." said Kevin kissing me on the forehead as the doctor put the baby on my belly. 

"What did we have?" we both asked at once.

"It's a boy." said the doctor. 

"He's wonderful."  said Kevin. 

"Mmmmmhmmm." I agreed. "You still wanted that name for a boy?"

"Yes, Insu I think will suit him well." said Kevin as the baby started fussing.

"Shhhhhh don't cry Insu. We're both here." I said pulling him closer and kissing him on the head. 

"We love you." said Kevin gazing at him from next to me. 

"Thank you and I love you Hana." said Kevin kissing me on the cheek. 

"I love you too Kevin." I said smiling up at him. 

We were so blessed by God. It was only by God's grace that we were able to get back in touch those years ago, fall in love, get married, and have a family together. God was good all the time. 

~The End~

Hope you enjoyed the ending to the story, and that you were encouraged or blessed by it. I have an idea for another story with different main characters, so keep an eye out for that one. God bless and Thank you for reading!

~AA