Chapter 67- The battle begins

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

Hana's phone call was a shock to me and wasn't something I had ever expected to happen to her -not that anyone does. I could hardly concentrate during the filming of the variety show we had been working on. Everyone seemed to get kind of peturbed at me, but I knew they didn't realize what the phone call I had gotten was about. I had to go to practice later for the musical they had gotten me a role in too, so today wouldn't be a day I could mull over something.

As soon as we finished filming and were back in the car. I let out a sigh and stared out the window. 'God, I really want to be with Hana now, so if it's your will I trust you'll work everything out.'   Musical practice seemed to drag on forever because I kept missing my parts -in essence I was making a disaster out of the whole day. 

I called my manager as soon as the practice ended to see if he would have time to meet with me that night. Thankfully he didn't have anything planned for us or himself, so we agreed to meet at the company. The driver had picked up a couple of the other guys on the way back, but he dropped them off at the apartment before taking me. 

"You're not coming too Kevin?" Asked Kibum.

"No, I need to meet with manager-nim tonight." I said.

"Is everything okay?" asked Soohyun.

"At the moment I don't really know."

"Let us know if you need something okay?" said Soohyun

"Yeah, you were looking off during filming earlier." said Kibum.

"Thanks, I shouldn't keep manager-nim waiting any longer. I'll see you guys later."

"Okay, bye." they echoed as they closed the door to the van. 

"Are you ready?" asked the driver.

"Yeah, as ready as I'll ever be."

It was quiet at the company other than a few tired looking employees and trainees mosying about. I knocked on my manager's door.

"Enter." called my manager from inside.

"Annyeonghaseyo manager-nim." I said as I entered.

"Annyeonghaseyo Kevin, sit please."

I settled into the chair in front of his desk piled high with papers.

"What did you wish to speak to me about tonight Kevin?"

"I wanted to request a leave of absence for a week or so."

"What for?"

"A close friend of mine is going through a really hard time, and I want to be there for her."

"I see." he said with a sigh "Unfortunately Kevin, your contract with us doesn't allow for a leave of abscence for non-family emergencies. I would love to let you go to her if I was able, but you're one of the members highest in demand and cancelling all your schedule for the next week would be a huge financial burden on the company."

"Is there any other way to change my schedule? I'd do anything." tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Kevin, but that won't be possible. I wish that your friend's situation gets resolved quickly for everyone's sake."

"Thank you for your time manager-nim and good night." I said bowing as I got up to leave.

"Good night too, and I really am sorry Kevin." he said with a sympathetic look on his face. 

I nodded thanks and bolted out of his office while trying to contain the torrent of tears that were threatening to spill out of my eyes at any time. When the car was in sight I couldn't hold them back anymore. I sobbed as I took my place in the car.

"Are you okay?" asked the driver.

I shook my head "Can....you....take....me.....home." I choked out between the tears. 

"Is there anything that would make you feel better?"

I shook my head again. 'The only thing that would make me feel better was getting on a plane and being by Hana's side right now. God why couldn't I go to her? I know you have a reason, but I just don't understand right now. Help me to understand.'

The guys were all doing their own thing when I got home. The ones that say me all tried to ask what was going on, but I really just wanted to be alone at that moment. I sat down on my bed and put my face in my hands. I decided calling Hana probably would be the only thing that would make me feel a little better -just hearing her voice made me happier. 

Hana's POV

The hospital seemed to take forever, since they had to call an officer to interview me and collect samples to tests needed for evidence for my case and to ensure that he hadn't infected me with diseases. The interview with the police was hard, but I knew it wouldn't be the hardest thing I would be dealing with in the time to come -court cases would be worse. 

They wanted me to take one of the emergency contraception pills, but I refused since I had still been taking the birth control pills and thought I would be okay. I didn't really like taking them, and knew they weren't the best for me, but my period had been a little less extreme on them than it had been in the past.

We got home from the hospital around 2 am and I fell fast asleep until late morning. I woke up with a start remembering that we were supposed to go to church and have lunch with the Perrys. I got up and frantically started getting dressed, since Mary was no where to be seen. I was about to leave when I saw a note on the door. 

'Hana,

Sleep as long as you want. Kris and I went to church with the Perry's and will let them know what's going on. We'll come get you for lunch if you're up to it, and if not we'll bring you something for lunch. I brought you some food for breakfast and it's in the fridge. Text me when you wake up.

-Mary.'

I texted her to let her know I was up and I had found the food she had brought for me for breakfast.

*Hi peeps! I'm taking my big exam on Monday August 10th, so pray that it goes well!! ~AA