Chapter 62- Thinking of you

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV- September 2010

The semester had been going surprisingly smooth, since I dropped the class a few weeks ago. I only ran into Matt one other time after that so far, which went okay -I was civil, but I didn't allow him to engage me in a long conversation. I was over the butterflies I used to get seeing him, but what girl doesn't feel a little flattered by being talked to by a guy that other girls would be jealous over? Although, now that I know the real him, even his looks don't seem quite as lovely as they once did. 

Mary has really been my driving force this semester. When I can't seem get up she makes me. When I don't think I'm very hungry she makes me eat. When I'm frustrated she calms me down. When I'm sad she cheers me up. She's changed a lot since starting to do a bible study with me and Kris. I'm sure she hasn't made a decision yet, but I feel like God's really been working on her heart.

Kris amazes me with the wisdom he's gained in the short time he's believed. Things I never fully understood before have just seemed to become less foggy with his input. Sometimes I feel a little inferior to him, but at the same time I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others. He has become such a wonderful Godly man and I really appreciate my friendship with both him and Mary. 

My parents were checking up on me a lot more than they had last year. I think my mom is worried about me with Matt being here on campus. Dad doesn't outrightly say it, but I'd say he is too, and has been trying to make me laugh every time we talk. Jae texts me almost every day to check up on me too, which I appreciate.

Kevin's parents have been staying in contact with me too. Mrs. Woo has called me almost every weekend since I left there and Mr. Woo usually chats for a bit too. Dea's also been texting me quite regularly and we skyped once since I left California. 

Kevin I hadn't really heard much from him because he's been busy with all the variety shows U-KISS has been in this year. I hadn't gotten a reply from my letter to him either, but that's to be expected between mail time and his busy schedule. It's rather bittersweet all around because the more I hear from him, the more I want to be with him, but the less I hear form him, the more I want to hear from him -a vicious cycle really. 

This particular afternoon I was moping in the school library trying to study, but I wasn't really getting too far on anything. I stared blankly at the page I was reading as I rested my head on the hand holding my pencil. I heard someone sit down and I glanced up. 

"Hey Hana"

"Hi Jen. What's up?" -she was a memeber of a group project in one of my classes.

"Mind if I sit for a few?"

"No, knock yourself out."

"Thanks! Are you busy this weekend?"

"....No?"

"Great! There's a birthday party for Haley, and I wanted you to come with me."

"I don't really do parties." to which she pouted.

"But you have to come! I told Haley I'd make sure you'd be there."

"Fine, I'll come for a little while. When is it and where?"

"We're meeting Saturday at the Blue Haven for wings and stuff around 7, and then maybe going bowling or something."

"Okay, sounds good. Do you want to meet somewhere on campus and go there together?"

"Sure, we can meet by the caffeteria around 6:20?"

"All right, I'll see you then."

"Great! I gotta dash." she gasped glancing at the screen of her phone. "I'm going to be late for class."

"Okay, bye." I replied as she was gathering up the few things she had put down and started to scurry off.

"Bye! See you later." she called over her shoulder.

'I hope I didn't agree to a bad idea, but what harm is there in going out for some wings for a birthday celebration and going bowling? Plus it's only one night. What could happen? It's not like I'm going alone. Well, I can still back out, but I'd hate to make Jen break her promise to Haley. I guess I'll go check the mail and see if Kevin or anyone's sent me anything.' 

I sauntered off to check on if I had any mail. I'm sure the mail people all knew my name with how often I go check for letters. I'd hate to miss a letter though, so I have to go almost every day to check. Either way, I hope I'm not too much of a bother to them, but I should do something nice for them sometime when I come in. 

"Hi Mr. Perry." I said walking up to the desk.

"Oh, hi Hana. Here to check for letters?"

"Yeah, anything today?"

"Let me see, I may have gotten something in for you." he said turning around to shuffle through all the L letters -they were sorted alphabetically by last name. "Here you go. Your boyfriend writes you quite often."

"Yes, well he's not my boyfriend. He's really just a friend, but he's one of my best friends."

"I see, well I'm sure he's a nice young man if he has the time to write you letters."

"Yes, he is, especially since he's so busy."

"That's very sweet. Are you sure he's just a friend?"

"Yeah, we've been pretty close for almost our whole lives."

"Childhood sweethearts?"

"No! More like childhood pests."

"Pests? That's a new one!"

"Yeah, we were pretty much inseperable and trouble makers as kids, but we bugged each other a lot too."

"Ah, the memories."

"Memories?"

"Yeah, I married my best friend that was a girl, and like you two, we were almost inseperable as kids, caused trouble, and managed to make each other cry a lot."

"That's really cool Mr. Perry!"

"Yes, it is."

"I'd like to meet her sometime."

"I'll talk to the Mrs. and see what we can arrange."

"Thanks! I'd like that."

"Now go, shoo, and read your letter." he waved me away from his desk and towards the door.

"Okay Mr, Perry! Thanks again and bye!" I said smiling and waving as I headed out the door. I skipped like a kid until I got to a more populated area of campus. There I refrained from my outlandish behavior and went to get some supper. 'Can childhood best friends really get married and not make each other miserable? I'd always imagined marrying Kevin, but I couldn't see how we would always get along. I know married couples do fight, but would being childhood best friends make things worse? It's going to be fun meeting Mrs. Perry sometime to see how those two interact -I bet they're going to be a hoot together!'